PDA

View Full Version : Resistance 2 + Leviathan

Demon Cleaner
8th July 2008, 05:36
Now that's what I call a huge creature :o

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/cioprgr/classicamiga/impress.jpg

Harrison
8th July 2008, 12:08
Wow! Looks like the Krakon from Clash of the Titans.

Sharingan
8th July 2008, 17:28
Badass :thumbs:

Demon Cleaner
8th July 2008, 18:25
I can't wait to bring such a monstrosity down :yesyes: Does anyone know a release date for Resistance 2?

Sharingan
8th July 2008, 19:02
November 2008 is the tentative release month. Can't wait - epic single player campaign, 60 player multiplayer madness :thumbs:

Teho
8th July 2008, 22:35
Oh I don't know about that. The first game boasted 32-player matches, but out of all the multiplayer games I played I don't think I ever actually saw a 32-player game with all the slots filled. Used to be 20-25 players at most. But I'm looking forward to the sequel regardless, the first game was a lot of fun in multiplayer, and has one of the more interesting single player campaigns I've seen in a while. :)

Harrison
8th July 2008, 23:41
Damn, I need a PS3 soon.

v85rawdeal
10th July 2008, 17:31
Oh I don't know about that. The first game boasted 32-player matches, but out of all the multiplayer games I played I don't think I ever actually saw a 32-player game with all the slots filled. Used to be 20-25 players at most. But I'm looking forward to the sequel regardless, the first game was a lot of fun in multiplayer, and has one of the more interesting single player campaigns I've seen in a while. :)

Just a minor correction, the first game had 40-player matches, and when it was first around and for quite a while after, they were all the rage (especially in Manchester levels).

There is nowt as fun as a 40 player hedgehog, air grenade, LAARK and Sniper grand melee!!!

Apart from shooting Submeg whenever he crept around a corner ;)

Submeg
13th July 2008, 22:56
Haha, you think you were good huh? Don't you worry, I'll get you...

v85rawdeal
17th July 2008, 14:52
In truth, I do bow down to the better player :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Teho
17th July 2008, 16:19
So did you guys see the E3 video (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36513.html) of this thing?

v85rawdeal
17th July 2008, 18:33
That is one HUGE beastie, indeed.

Kinda makes me wonder why there wasn't a Cloverfield tie-in game. Have all different elements, such as playing not just soldiers but also civilians just trying to survive.

Ah, well... Guess Resistance 2 will have to do (thankfully - considering most movie tie-ins are carp!)

Harrison
17th July 2008, 22:12
I've seen bigger! ;) And on last gen hardware!

Remember God of War 2? The first boss you fight that is the colossus and you are on high up ledges and platforms, eventually climbing up him and then inside of him. That was a cool fight.

v85rawdeal
17th July 2008, 22:20
I have never played any of the GOW games, but thinking about it, some of the beasts from Shadow of the Collossus looked pretty meaty in the screens I saw.

Harrison
17th July 2008, 23:07
Take a look at the Colossus battle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXkOuSF-Yxc

This is the final part of the Colossus battle before you fight him from the inside. It gives a good idea of the scale of the enemy. Although whoever is playing the game in this video hasn't really understood how to play it. In that sequence you have to wait for the Colossus to do certain moves, which then gives you time to attack certain parts of him without being in danger of being hurt. And the earlier part where you initially see and are attacked by him is quite impressive too, but that is in the fist two parts of the video.