PDA

View Full Version : Syndicate - American Revolt info please

Tiago
2nd July 2008, 13:42
Hi,

anyone played Sysndicate-American Revolt expansion pack? I'm sure you did.
is there also a "Code Mack" expansion ?

I finnished the origianal Syndicate in Amiga many years ago, i loved it. How about the "American Revolt expansion pack"? and this "Code Mack" expansion, are they good? Are they just new missions? Graphics are the same? What can you tell me about them?
Thanks

Buleste
2nd July 2008, 14:14
Are we talking about the Amiga versions or the PC versions. As far as i know Code Mack never existed. As for AR it's a expansion of the original Syndicate and so the graphics are the same but the missions are more difficult. To use AR just insert the AR disk instead of Disk 4 with the Amiga version.

Tiago
3rd July 2008, 12:56
I am talking about Amiga versions.
"Code Mack" is in the main site as expansion missions, just like American Revolt....
I do remember seing American Revolt in stores... but not the "Code Mack" ...

Buleste
3rd July 2008, 13:21
American Revolt was never released to buy in stores for the Amiga but was given away on the front of a couple of magazines. Code Mack is something that is listed on other sites as well as our own but there is no evidence that this ever existed. There's nothing for a PC expansion disk called Code Mack so i think it's a lie. It should be removed from the main site.

[Edit] Having said that i've just found Code Mack on Planet Emulation so i'll have a look at it. It still may be a false file.

I've just had a look at the Code Mack and AR disks and the files appear to be identical so it's possible that Code Mack is the early name for AR. I haven't played them so i can't be sure.

Buleste
4th July 2008, 10:35
Just in case here are the two disks. (Use as disk 4 when either installing or playing the game.

Tiago
4th July 2008, 12:43
Great !!!

Tiago
5th July 2008, 17:11
Buleste:
I did just like you said, i install disks 1, 2, 3 from original sysndicate and american revolt as disk4. All went ok.
When i start the game, it runs as normal syndicate, so to play the new missions do i must play all the normal missions? Can't i go directly to the new ones?

Buleste
5th July 2008, 18:51
You have to clear Europe and Asia to get to America and that is when you should get to the new missions. Be warned they are very very very difficult. I advise using "Marks Team".

Buleste
23rd August 2008, 11:02
I can now confirm that Code MAck and American Revolt are the same thing. I played standard syndicate till i'd conquered all but the Americas. I then did a seperate install of American Revolt and Code Mack and transfered the save game to them and the missions on CM and AR are the same. Code Mack was probably an early name for American Revolt.

Tiago
24th August 2008, 21:52
Thanks for the info Buleste

Harrison
8th September 2008, 16:35
Thanks for finding this information out. I will update the main site entries tonight to reflect this.

Buleste
8th September 2008, 16:37
Now i just wish i could get somewhere on American Revolt/ Code Mack.

Harrison
11th September 2008, 12:57
I've now updated the Syndicate data disk entries on the main site. I've removed the Code Mack entry from the site and added details of it to the American Revolt entry.

In addition I've also added some additional notes about American Revolt such as how to run it and how it as distributed.

Buleste
11th September 2008, 13:12
I'm surprised KG hasn't done an installed version for his packs. :Hint: :Hint: