PDA

View Full Version : Narco Police

Harrison
18th June 2008, 16:53
I've just been creating some screenshots for the game Narco Police, mainly because I wanted to give the game a try to see what it was like.

However I've had some trouble getting it to run. In the TOSEC set there are a few different versions, but most refuse to load and run properly. I've so far had the most success with a single scene packed version (original came on two disks) named "Narco Police (1991)(Dinamic)[cr Cool-X].adf" and using an A500 KS1.2 setup with 512KB ram. When I first tried KS1.3 and 2 setups the game didn't load properly.

However although I can now get the game to work, once it loads into the actual game I can't control the men. Has anyone else played it and got the controls to work? The keyboard controls in the command console work fine, but I just can't get the control of the men to do anything. Any ideas?

Buleste
18th June 2008, 17:05
Does the WHDLoad version work?? Try it from here. (http://www.whdownload.com/games/Update-2007-03-27/NarcoPolice_v1.1.zip)

Demon Cleaner
18th June 2008, 17:16
The first one I tried, a cracked one by EP, immediately worked fine with default configuration. TOSEC name = Narco Police (1991)(Dinamic)[cr EP][t +6 EP].adf

Harrison
18th June 2008, 19:19
:lol: That was one of the only adf's I hadn't tried! I gave it a go and the game booted up no problem with a default A500 setup. :thumbs:

I've now played through the game a bit and taken loads of screenshots. Quite a cool game, but it is let down by being very repetitive. I will also write a review for it in a minute when i post the screenshots. The game is still work a quick play if you've never tried it, just to see the cool pseudo 3D into the screen tunnel movement as it is very nicely done.

Demon Cleaner
18th June 2008, 22:47
You added some nice screenshots and an expressive review :thumbs:

I only played it a bit, and it gets indeed very tedious after a short time. I also found it somehow slow, I mean the moving through the tunnels.

Teho
19th June 2008, 04:01
I played this many times way back, but could never get further than those consoles you had to enter commands into. I'm fairly certain you require the manual for this, as nothing I tried would bring up a list of commands. But just walking into those tunnels mowing down enemies was cool enough to play it again sometimes anyway. :)

Harrison
19th June 2008, 10:31
The manual does list all of the commands, as you can see from the text version of the manual I've included on the site. And the command to bring up the list is confusingly "dir".

Puni/Void
21st June 2008, 12:16
@Teho

But just walking into those tunnels mowing down enemies was cool enough to play it again sometimes anyway.

Hehe.. I remember this as well. The graphics was pretty good at the time and it was a lot of fun blasting away. It got a bit boring after a while though, so I didn't play it much later on.