PDA

View Full Version : Dice C compiler

Tiago
16th June 2008, 17:13
I did small programs in C in PC with Microsoft C and Borland C. The syntax was almost equal.

But now in Amiga i am using Dice, commands are quite different.

Anyone has a list or manual about available commands and syntax?

I can see in libs directory that exists commands like:
-draw
-move
-setpixel
-flood
-wait

etc...
some of them i found out how they work, but other i dont get a clue.

So if any of you have a manual or a guide ....
i am interested more in graphical functions...

thanks

Buleste
16th June 2008, 17:25
I've actually got a Amiga C book that you could purchase form Amiga Shopper with DICE. Unfortunatly it's 313 pages so it won't be a quick scan. From what i remember the Libraries are used to allow the Amigas custom hardware to be used. Try getting StormC from Tosec applications as that has a superb help file and is easier to yse than DICE.

Tiago
16th June 2008, 17:33
Well i think easyer then Dice is difficult, the compiler is very easy to use, it's just a question of commands/syntax i will have the same problem in other compiler.
But if StormC has a good manual... maybe the syntax is similar from stomc and dice.
i will try to get the manual/guide from stormc and use it in dice

Buleste
16th June 2008, 17:43
StormC uses a more standard interface that is very similar to PC programmes whereas DICE used a basic text editor. It's also easier to tell with StormC if you do make a mistake with the syntax as the interface uses colours. I will eventually scan the book in but probably not for a good few months.

Zetr0
17th June 2008, 00:28
@Tiago

my friend, you need the ROM KERNAL REFERENCE MANUAL :D RKRM :) get them from tosec there downloadable and if you search around you can find them in book form too :)

this will give you all the prototypes in use, right down to blitter commands and proper screen Vertical Refresh commands etc.

I might have some code floating around that i wrote a while back if need some samples.

but yeah.... get the software manuals atleast! :D

Buleste
17th June 2008, 10:57
Or try the Amiga University pages here (http://www.amigau.com/c-programming/C/ctut.htm) for some info on Amiga C.