PDA

View Full Version : Unzip Interface

Noelozzy
15th June 2008, 01:24
does anyone know if there is a Utility to unzip the newer zips?

One with an interface

I really hate command line commands

Have downloaded some new programs that my old unzippers will not touch:thumbsdown2:

Thanks

Noel:)

Castelle
15th June 2008, 07:56
Hi,

You can download several 'zip' utilities off Aminet for free Noel.

There is a graphical user interface or GUI near the top of this list http://aminet.net/search?query=unzip that I use.

Its a front end GUI so make sure that the latest 'unzip' program is in your path - i.e, sys:c

I hope this helps you.

Harrison
16th June 2008, 14:09
An alternative that I always used was to configure Directory Opus 4. Add an unzip button with the CLI command you use the most often and then you can just select the files in DOpus and click the button to perform the action. Great for batch unzipping too.

Buleste
16th June 2008, 14:13
Or if you use OS3.9 the unarc tool works fine with all zips.

v85rawdeal
16th June 2008, 21:14
I always found that DiskMaster II was an extremely versatile tool when it can to archive formats.

Graham Humphrey
16th June 2008, 21:23
An alternative that I always used was to configure Directory Opus 4. Add an unzip button with the CLI command you use the most often and then you can just select the files in DOpus and click the button to perform the action. Great for batch unzipping too.

That's what I do (and for zipping files as well), it's much more convenient.

Noelozzy
16th June 2008, 22:34
Castelle.......thank you, i have downloaded the first 2 GUIs
will try when i can get them onto a PC floppy ( my XP hates my floppy)

I hope I can get the path thingy right, my drive is divided into 3 parts

Harrison......... thanks, I will try and get that going too
I already use Opus to extract .lha files

thanks all
Noel:thumbs:

Castelle
16th June 2008, 23:04
Hi Noel,

Glad to help :)

Say, if you're still using CrossDOS with your XP and your Amiga? Have you seen this handy transfer utility?

http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=440&osCsid=5e1eafa55f35ddc02f64672abe0114f3

I have been using it for a couple of months now and I swear by it... :)

Noelozzy
16th June 2008, 23:56
Castelle, I deleted cross dos, but am deferring this until I get some basics going first, i do have some other software for that, but not up to that level yet

Have to catch up on 20 years non use :lol:

Submeg
16th June 2008, 23:57
Ahh, good to see a fellow Ozzie on here :thumbs:

Noelozzy
17th June 2008, 22:07
Thanks Submeg, there must be a lot of Amigas still working in Australia, perhaps in the attic etc

I have just got the urge once more :yesyes: