PDA

View Full Version : eBay, the buyers market...

Castelle
7th June 2008, 11:31
Have a look at this eBay item: 250253653894

Its a Blizzard 1260 with 64MB RAM and it sold for, wait for it...

£320 pounds !! plus £25 pounds P&P :o

For our friends on the continent converted by www.xe.com that's;

320.00 GBP = 400.560 EUR
25.00 GBP = 31.2938 EUR

I bought from Amibay a Blizzard 1230 + FPU & 128 MB RAM and a 16MB SIMM free for;

200.00 EUR = 159.776 GBP

Ok, its not the beast the 1260 is but with the co processor, it ain't no slouch either!!
;)

For people thinking about buying accelerators, please shop around, (Effy the guy I bought mine from) wanted 300 Euro for a DCE 1260/66 + 128 Mb Simm which to me is a better deal...

No plug intended people, but use Amibay for a much fairer deal all around :thumbs:

Harrison
7th June 2008, 11:58
I was watching that ebay sale to see what it would go for. It is quite amazing to think that these cards have basically held their original purchase price on the second hand market. If you look at most actual Amiga's for sale they are falling in price.

And this is the reason Amibay was setup. To stop the silly inflated prices and the bidding that sometimes forced the prices through the roof.

Stephen Coates
7th June 2008, 12:30
Thats a lot.

*wonders how much his 1230 might sell for*

Not sure I would want to pay that much, but it really all depends on how much people want them.

Buleste
7th June 2008, 12:49
It's not all rip offs on ebay. I saw someone placed a BVision on ebay with a buy it now of £50.00. It went within hours of being listed. Especially as they usually sell for at least twice that much.

Castelle
7th June 2008, 13:28

ITS NOT FOR SALE !!!! :lol:
The only way I'll part with that is when you wrench it out of my cold dead hand!! :lol:

Especially as they usually sell for at least twice that much.

When I see stuff on eBay that are going far cheaper than you know you can get elsewhere, I tend to be a bit wary... As you know, a lot of stuff that ends up on eBay could have fallen off the back of a lorry.

But as Buleste states there are some really good deals on there... The point of this thread was to shop around and don't buy the first thing you see. There is often a better deal around the corner.................

Buleste
7th June 2008, 13:44
I think was basically someone not knowing what they were selling.

Stephen Coates
7th June 2008, 21:47

ITS NOT FOR SALE !!!! :lol:
The only way I'll part with that is when you wrench it out of my cold dead hand!! :lol:

I was actually on about my 1230. I didn't realise you had one till I saw you signature just now.

Buleste
7th June 2008, 21:55
I know i sold mine just over a year ago for £96.00 with 16mb fast ram (It meant my PPC card only cost me £150.00) and that was when i had a rating of about 20.

Merlin
14th June 2008, 23:27
You know something's wrong in the market when a broken Apollo 030 for an A2000 goes for £97 on Fleabay!!! :nuts: :fool:

That particular item was advertised on Amibay for £25, however, the item arrived DOA and wasn't guaranteed to work in the first place (mind you, the person who bought it paid £60 including shipping :blink: and could have fitted it the wrong way round in his A2000 :o:, but who am I to point things like this out :whistle:). It's a long story and best not told when Zetr0's around........

Most accelerators sold on Amibay have not gone for totally stupid prices, as we try to avoid price driving on the site. We are not an auction site and I think that also makes a difference.

Merlin

Edit: I stand corrected, Zetr0, my friend....

Zetr0
15th June 2008, 01:34
pssst.... merl

in the thread for that Apollo, it was requesting $50 canadian.... which is £25.......