PDA

View Full Version : Classic Amiga: Featured in Micro Mart

Zetr0
5th June 2008, 09:57
Hello there forum chummies,

Now I have in my hot little handies a Micro Mart that my m8 Yorkie brought over..

let me read you something interesting.

Micro Mart: 26th March 2008

Page 111

ClassicAmiga.com

I stumbled across this site the other day purely by chance, and was rather impressed by what I saw, so I joined there and then.

The site, as you would expect, is dedicated to everything to do with 'classic' Amigas - that is the real Amiga machines produced by Commodore and Amiga Technologies, and the emulation of those original machines. Emulation on PC, PSP and everything else for that matter is included.

The site is building up a directory of all Amiga Games released, with reviews [though they've some way to go], plus Amiga demo scene productions.

If you have any interest in the classic type Amigas, its worth joining the main site and the forum, as though I'm not a fan of forums and message boards in general, it does seem a little more civilised than many Amiga-related forums I occasionally visit

Visit the site at www.classicamiga.com

:)

Puni/Void
5th June 2008, 10:02
Thanks for sharing the information, Zetro. I was happy to see that Classicamiga.com got such good coverage. :)

Now, I'm not very familiar with Micro Mart, so I wondered what exactly it is? :unsure:

Buleste
5th June 2008, 10:14
It's a magazine dedicated to all things computers. It mostly deals with selling stuff and advice on what to buy.

Puni/Void
5th June 2008, 11:20
Ok, thanks for that Buleste. :)

Harrison
5th June 2008, 11:49
Oh wow, that is cool. Was that an article by one of the MM staff members, or was it a reader submission/letter?

If you still have the copy of that issue would you be able to scan it in for me so I can post about it in the main site new section?

I've not bought a copy of Micro Mart in some time now. I used to in the Amiga days and the late 90's, and have since bought a few copies. In addition to all the wanted/for sale adverts they do always have some interesting articles too.

@PG Think of Micro Mart as a paper version of Amibay. ;) It has been in print for a long time now (since the Amiga days) and is a weekly paper/magazine that contains for sale/wanted adverts posted by readers. It covers all computer systems, hardware and software and you can often find some good bargains in there if you have the time to scan through everything. You can check out their website at http://www.micromart.co.uk/

burns flipper
5th June 2008, 12:57
I stumbled across this site the other day purely by chance, and was rather impressed by what I saw, so I joined there and then.

If you have any interest in the classic type Amigas, its worth joining the main site and the forum, as though I'm not a fan of forums and message boards in general, it does seem a little more civilised than many Amiga-related forums I occasionally visit

I've not bought a copy of Micro Mart in some time now. I used to in the Amiga days and the late 90's, and have since bought a few copies.What you mean, SiteAdmin, is that you buy it every week :rolleyes:

Buleste
5th June 2008, 13:01

My god do they not read the posts???? We are not civilised at all. In fact i go out of my way not to be civil or ised.;)

Zetr0
5th June 2008, 13:03
@Harrison

I beleive the article was possibly written by "Sven Harvey"

I am sure Yorkie would be more than happy to let me pass the micro-mart on to you my friend, I think it would be good for your collection :)

I will try and get it to you on wednesday, if not before :D

Harrison
5th June 2008, 14:43
Great. Cheers for that.

Zetr0
5th June 2008, 20:18
LOL thank the yorkie :)

Classic Amiga (click linkie)
http://www.guildserver.co.uk/data_images/amiga_misc/thumb-mm-ca-001.jpg (http://www.guildserver.co.uk/projects/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2009&g2_serialNumber=1)

burns flipper
8th June 2008, 07:59
The article mentions the NatAmi, and "more on that next time!". Does Yorkie have the next one too?

Submeg
9th June 2008, 15:16
That is so cool! Good to see the coverage!

Demon Cleaner
10th June 2008, 11:16
"More civilised" made me laugh out loud if I read some posts of some guys here :lol:

svenof9
5th March 2013, 01:31
"More civilised" made me laugh out loud if I read some posts of some guys here :lol:

Compared with some of the forums... it is!