PDA

View Full Version : Alien Presence: anyone ever heard of it?

Ghost
4th June 2008, 23:38
Hello all,

During my search for obscure games I came across this title, has anyone heard of it?
Apparently it would have been a space sim city game like Utopia and its sequel K240.
unfortunate there is no news of whatever became of it.

Edit:

I was kind of showing of what I had learned, hope this works.

http://amr.abime.net/amr_search.php?search=alien+presence&mag_id=0&action=Find

Harrison
5th June 2008, 00:37
I can't access those links because you are linking directly to images on the AMR server. You will need to instead either download the images and then attach them to your post, or link to the AMR magazine page and tell us which page numbers to look at.

Ghost
5th June 2008, 01:16
Okay, done so

Harrison
5th June 2008, 01:32
I've heard of Apex Games, the company who were developing this game. They did released the Amiga game Blobz, but I think that was their only commercial release. And from one of the articles you linked to above it mentions that they gave up publishing on the Amiga before Alien Presence was completed, so I assume it never was finished.

Ghost
5th June 2008, 01:44
A shame, I was quite curious about this title.

Despite its simple look I found it rather interesting.
For some reason I am always interested in obscure games, I often find those the most interesting to track down.

Buleste
5th June 2008, 09:06
Just had a quick google and theres lots of different stuff about Alien Presence and as soon as i saw the screenshot i recognised the preview (mainly because i thought it looked bad) but it looks like it never got past the Amiga Format preview stage.