PDA

View Full Version : Amiga Forever 2008 - Out now!

Puni/Void
31st May 2008, 13:40
The Amiga Forever 2008 has been released. For more information, check out the official site: Amiga Forever (http://www.amigaforever.com/)

Are you going to purchase it?

Castelle
31st May 2008, 13:53
NO!! :mad:
I've just bought the 2006 premium edition !! You know, 2 DVDs and 1 CD ?

You can update it anyway to get the newest version of WinUAE I don't see any point !! :nono:

What do you guys think?

Harrison
31st May 2008, 14:08
If you have just purchased the 2006 premium edition then you should be able to download an update to bring it up to the 2008 edition. They did this for owner of the 2005 version to bring it up to 2006.

But I don't think buying it is worth it if you already have an older version. What do you get for your money? legally purchased kickstart roms. Everything else, especially the main WinUAE emulator, is completely free to download anyway.

Well OK, the other good thing with the premium edition is the video DVD with some great Commodore Amiga footage.

Stephen Coates
1st June 2008, 12:32
I just tend to use real amigas now, but I do have the 2005 edition, which as there are no updates to the AmigaOS, and WinUAE can be download, I will not be upgrading my copy of AF.

Zetr0
1st June 2008, 12:44
For some one getting into retro amiga sceen again, i feel its a good product, arguably not a fair one, but a good one.

Although you could easly downoad all that you could ever want and then some, (not including KG'sWHD),

AF2008 would still be a good start, the rest will come. although saying this, i wont buy it. well not at that price.

Harrison
1st June 2008, 13:25
Same here. I wno't buy it because it doesn't contain anything I really need.

I do however own a copy of the 2005 DVD edition, but I didn't buy it. The older members of CA will know that I was sent it free from Cloanto. ;)