- Commodore Amiga 1200
- Atari 1040 ST
- Sinclair ZX Spectrum+
- Sinclair ZX81
- MB Microvision
- Casio FX-730P
- Hit10 gaming console
- Some Game & Watch

I think that's all so far, but more to come.

Harrison
19th January 2007, 00:28
Lets see...

- Sony PSP (UP chip)
- Sony PSP
- Sony slim PS2 (Matrix Infinity chip)
- Sony PS2
- Sony PSOne (Swapdisc)
- Sony PSX (Forget which chip it has)
- Sega Dreamcast (x2)
- Sega Megadrive 2
- Microsoft Xbox (going to soft mod soon)
- Nintendo Gamecube
- Nintendo GBA
- Nintendo GB (original B/W version)
- Nintendo 64 (x3 + Mr. Backup + CD64)
- Nintendo SNES
- Commodore Amiga A500 (KS1.2)
- Commodore Amiga A500 (KS1.3 x2)
- Commodore Amiga A500 Plus
- Commodore Amiga A600
- Commodore Amiga A1200 (x2)
- Commodore Amiga A4000/40
- Commodore CD32
- Atari 2600 woody!
- Atari STFM

I think that's the lot for my collection. I might have missed out something.

Does a MAME cabinet count? Or is that still a PC.

You may notice that I don't have any 8-bit systems any longer. This is due to emulation being so good now for the earlier systems and the amount of cables and hardware you need to get most of the older systems to run.

I didn't know you had an Atari ST, Demon. What is your opinion of it compared to the Amiga?

Puni/Void
19th January 2007, 09:23
Here is my list:

- Amiga 500 (Kickstart 1.3) with 512KB memory expansion
- Amiga 1200 (Kickstart 3.1) with Blizzard MKIV 1230, 16MB Fast, 2x CD-ROM, 6.7GB HD
- Amiga CD32
- SVI Spectravideo MSX with 3.5" floppy disk-drive and the usual tape drive
- Nintendo Gameboy (Classic)
- Nintendo Gamecube

AlexJ
19th January 2007, 11:14
Not many for me:

- Amiga A600
- Amiga A1200
- Super Nintendo
- Game Boy Color
- Playstation
- Playstation 2
- PS2 Slimline

I really want to get a Dreamcast sometime as well.

LowercaseE
19th January 2007, 11:41
My list:

Atari 2600 (two of them, both working to my knowledge)
NES (original)
NES (topload)
NES (clone)
SNES (original)
Genesis 3 (the real small one)
Turbo Duo (2 of them, one still in original box and unused)
PS1 (original)
PS2 (original)
Dreamcast
Gamecube
GBA
Nintendo DS
Amiga 1000 (still in original box w/ 1080 monitor)
Amiga 500 (two of them)
VIC-20
PC

Harrison
19th January 2007, 12:31
Amiga 1000 in original box, that's quite a cool item to have in your collection LowercaseE.

Once I get the Amiga models page started on the main site, would it be possible to take some pictures of the A1000 and the box for the site? As I've only ever managed to find generic A1000 images from the original adverts so far that every site I come across seems to also be using. Would be great to have some original detailed pictures of the system from the front, back etc...

I really want to get a Dreamcast sometime as well.

The Dreamcast is a great system. Even though it lacks many RPGs it's still one of my favourite consoles as the majority of games released have great gameplay. If you do decide to get one, find a pre October 2000 system as they let you run CD-R based games without needing to do anything to the system.

Demon Cleaner
19th January 2007, 12:39
I didn't know you had an Atari ST, Demon. What is your opinion of it compared to the Amiga?Good question. AT the time, I never had an Atari. A friend of mine had an ST (when I had an Amiga), and as we mainly played on it, I found that Amiga had far superior graphics, but that's no news. A friend here at work, knowing I collected consoles and computers, gave me his Atari 1040ST a year ago, and from that day on, I have it. I haven't fired it up yet though :p

And as for your MAME cabinet, you can count it double ;-) but does yours also run?? I thought I heard you're getting a new monitor aso.

Teho
19th January 2007, 12:51
My list isn't as long as you guys', due to me not wanting to buy that much as I have no room at all. So here goes:

Amiga 500
Amiga 600
Amiga 600HD
Commodore 64 (2)
Commodore 64 DTV (you know, that 30-in-one joystick thing)
Commodore 128
Playstation 2 (2 of them, one slim and one old model. But old one has a busted lens)

I wanted to count a Sharp MZ-700 computer system too, but I don't actually have it yet. We had it when I was a kid, and for all I know it might be binned by now. One of these days I'm going to have a rummage through my mom's attic to see if I can find it.

cicobuff
19th January 2007, 13:29
Me :

Commodore Amiga A1200 4mb Ram Expansion 2gb 2.5" Internal IDE WB 3.0
Commodore Amiga A1200 Apollo 040/40 64mb 6gb 3.5" IDE WB 3.9 Custom Towered
Commodore Amiga A600 (2gb 2.5" IDE)
Commodore 64 DTV Joystick (Will Mod it eventually!)
Sega Megadrive Joystick Streetfighter 2
Sega Dreamcast (Blue Power LED Mod, VGA connected)
PS2 Slimline (Silver - Swap Magic, Component connected)
Nintendo Gamecube Ltd Edition Pearl White (Qoob chipped, swapped original DOL-001 Motherboard for digital AV out, Blue Power LED Mod)
Microsoft XBOX (Spray Painted Pearl White, Clear Jewel Modded with Blue LED ring, 120gb HD, Xecuter 2.6 Modded, Component connected)
Microsoft XBOX (Standard, softmodded for XBMC, will mod the jewel soon)
Nintendo Gameboy Micro (Silver)
Nintendo DS Lite (Black, Firmware hacked, Supercard SD)
Sony PSP (Ceramic White, Dark Alex 3.03-A" Firmware)
Nintendo Wii (White, SD Gecko...awaiting Action Replay for Gamecube homebrew hack, Component connected)

Wife :

Nintendo DS lite (Pink, Firmware hacked, Supercard SD)
Sony PSP (Ceramic White, Dark Alex 3.03-A" Firmware)

Harrison
19th January 2007, 13:49
And as for your MAME cabinet, you can count it double ;-) but does yours also run?? I thought I heard you're getting a new monitor aso.

Yes, I want to replace the old monitor with a new 19" (or bigger) LCD and then build a new smaller cabinet (depth wise) to house it all.

It does work at the moment though as I currently still have the old monitor, but it's disassembled as far as being a cabinet at the moment. The PC, Slikstik control board and current 21" monitor get hooked up together when I want to use it. So you could say, it's the guts of a MAME cabinet without the actual cabinet at the moment. :lol:

cicobuff
19th January 2007, 13:52
Does a MAME cabinet count? Or is that still a PC.

I wished I had the room in here for an arcade cabinet!

Demon Cleaner
19th January 2007, 13:55
Commodore 64 DTVI have that one too, put it right to the list just now. I never tested it, as it needs 4 batteries and I'm too lazy to put them in and hook the thing to the TV, I guess it works ;)

AlexJ
19th January 2007, 14:25
Playstation 2 (2 of them, one slim and one old model. But old one has a busted lens)

Same here - the old one showed Disk Read Error for everything, so I got a new one. However I found a guide online that showed how to fiddle with the laser a bit and got it working again so my doorstop PS2 is working again.

Harrison
19th January 2007, 15:03
That is a common problem with the older "brick" PS2. Although I have the original 30003 model and it still (touch wood) works perfectly.

And my slim PS2 has the voltage mod fitted to help protect its lens from burnout, which was a common problem on the slimline model when running modchips and DVD-Rs.

BTW, did you know that many people think that running CD-R and DVD-R discs on a console drive reduces the drives life? I haven't personally seen any evidence to support this as I have an original PSX from 1996 that is modded and has always used CD-Rs and still works perfectly. What do you think of this belief?

LowercaseE
19th January 2007, 15:14
Amiga 1000 in original box, that's quite a cool item to have in your collection LowercaseE.

Once I get the Amiga models page started on the main site, would it be possible to take some pictures of the A1000 and the box for the site? As I've only ever managed to find generic A1000 images from the original adverts so far that every site I come across seems to also be using. Would be great to have some original detailed pictures of the system from the front, back etc...

Sure, I'm actually taking a half day at work today so I'll dig it out and snap some photos.

AlexJ
19th January 2007, 15:28
There's also some quite good A1000 (and A600, A1200) photos here which are available under an attribution licence: http://flickr.com/photos/joachim_s_mueller/sets/72157594160368108/

Harrison
19th January 2007, 15:39
Some good pictures there Alex, shame the A1200 keyboard in the pictures is so yellow. I'm so glad Commodore changed the keyboard layout after the A1000, that is one thing I never liked about that system.

AlexJ
19th January 2007, 15:46
Never mind the keys, look at the lettering! QWERTZ?

Anyway, the A1200 isn't so important as most of us have one, and could take photos if needed.

Harrison
19th January 2007, 15:50
Oh yeah, never noticed that before. I'm sure the real system I've used in the past wasn't like that. There is also a smaller Y and Z printed on both keys too. Wonder if it's due to another language keymap or something? :unsure:

AlexJ
19th January 2007, 15:52
Oh yeah, never noticed that before. I'm sure the real system I've used in the past wasn't like that. There is also a smaller Y and Z printed on both keys too. Wonder if it's due to another language keymap or something? :unsure:

Might be a German layout. They were very popular over there.

EDIT: Yep, German keyboards swap the Y and Z - http://www.sussex.ac.uk/its/facilities/pc/keyboards/german.gif

There's your fact of the day, ladies and gentlemen.

rayzorblue
19th January 2007, 16:04
Heres my list.

Wii
DS
Gamecube
N64
Gameboy
Dreamcast
PSX
Amiga 500
C64 (not sure if this and amiga work they are both at my dads)

Dont know if these count but ill put them here anyhow
Greenhouse
Mario Bros
Firefox F-7
3-D stereo skyfighters
Galaxy Invader-1000 CGL
Coleco Head to Head Boxing
Coleco Total Control 4

Not the best because I sold some of my old systems when i was young **slaps himself**

Demon Cleaner
19th January 2007, 16:21
The german keyboards also have the letters ä, ö and ü. And for characters like !,},:,/... they also have different combinations. That's why we here use QWERTZ keyboards, which are set to swiss/french and they exactly match the keys with the characters.

I bought my barebone together with a keyboard from Germany, and forgot that they have slightly different keyboards. But the french are worse, with their ASERTY keyboards.

Here's a page, with some PS2 laser repair tutorial: http://cyber-mag.com/station/laserPS2.htm

LowercaseE
19th January 2007, 16:30
I snapped a few pics of the A1000 box and the packing/computer. I'll have to get my brother's tripod for some nicer ones, but at least it's a start. Is the FTP site still up so I can upload them?

Harrison
19th January 2007, 16:48
My FTP server is not up at the moment. However there is an uploads ftp you can use for site content uploads. I will PM you the details.

Teho
19th January 2007, 16:49

Same here - the old one showed Disk Read Error for everything, so I got a new one. However I found a guide online that showed how to fiddle with the laser a bit and got it working again so my doorstop PS2 is working again.

Yep, tried that with my first PS2 unit. The two I have now are my second and third. I got that DRE with my first one, a launch model, and followed one of those voltage adjusting FAQs. I actually got it working properly for a bit, then it started happening again. During my second attempt to adjust it I set it too high and fried it. So threw that one away long ago.

Never even attempted it when the second one started acting up. I could probably fix it, but the slick slimline model had come out a while ago and I had money to burn. ;)

J T
21st January 2007, 18:53
OK, I have:

A500 (with 512k trapdoor expansion)
Master System
Original Gameboy
Tomy-tronic 3d Thundering Turbos
Game & Watch (Donkey Kong and Safebuster)
N64
PS2 (old one)
Gamecube (platinum colour)
DS-Lite (white)
Wii

Submeg
21st January 2007, 21:42
I have:

PS2
PSP
Nintendo
Nintendo Gameboy
Nintendo Colour
Nintendo DS
Nintendo Gamecube
Nintendo Wii
Amiga 500

Hmm...that's nine....I think I should change it from 7

Demon Cleaner
22nd January 2007, 06:19
I also had several PS2 consoles, bought the first one without chip, then modded it with a Neo 2.2 chip. Second one was a prechipped with a Sniper modchip. The tray of that one made me scratches onto my disks, and they didn't work anymore. Then I placed in some protection mats, and it was fine, sold it then to my cousin. My 3rd PS2 was the one with the DMS3, which I had no problems with. Now the 4th with the MI chip is my slimline.

Harrison
22nd January 2007, 10:30
I've only had two PS2's and both still work perfectly. My first I bought on the ps2's UK launch and is the infamous 30003 model, although I've had no problems with it and it still works perfectly. It's never been chipped though. And my newer ps2 is the slimline one I bought pre-chipped with an MI chip.

J T
22nd January 2007, 11:00
My PS2 has given a disc error once or twice, but it was on rented discs, so they weren't in the best of condition anyway.

Apart from the other, uh, battle scars it's worked flawlessly. And to think there was a time when it was my pride and joy, but now I care little for it - I wouldn't want it smashed or anything but I'm not too bothered about the scrapes and stuff now.

toomanymikes
10th September 2007, 18:27
I currently have the following:

Nintendo Gamecube (currently in loft)
Sony PS2 (currently at my folks house so I dont know if it counts)
Sony PS3
Nintendo Wii
Nintendo DS
Amiga 600 (dead and in loft - it will live again if i get my way!)
Amiga 1200 with kickstart 3.1, 127mb hardrive (originally installed by Commodore so my warranties are not void...oh wait)

Jeez I just noticed the lack of Microsoft...Ah well, i'm sure Mr Gates will survive without any of my cash for the time being!:p

Demon Cleaner
10th September 2007, 18:41
Sony PS2 (currently at my folks house so I dont know if it counts)If it is still yours, it counts, or did you sell it to him?

toomanymikes
10th September 2007, 18:49
Well its actually at one of their properties that they rent out as a holiday home - I gave it to them when I got a PS3. Dad uses it for any kids that come over and get bored sitting in the Scottish highlands. On that he also has my Sega megadrive for any retro fans that want a blast. I think I'll buy him an A500 for the place too! :D
Hell, while I'm at it heres the link to the place - its quaint (substitute small) but everyone that goes there loves it! (Sorry about the blatant family advertising everyone)
http://www.cornerhouse-properties.com/

J T
10th September 2007, 19:50
*cough*

'Mate's rates'?

*cough*

:whistle:

:JRflag:

toomanymikes
10th September 2007, 20:10
I'm sure we could arrange something ;) - its getting the date you want thats the biggest prob... we have regular visitors from Canada booking up 2 & 3 week slots! Must be visiting the ancestors homeland or something like that!

Buleste
6th December 2007, 13:57
I've got the following
A1200 (stats in signature)
Nintendo GameCube
Nintendo DS
Sega Saturn.

Did have every sort of gameboy but in a bid to raise funds i ended up selling them on ebay along with my N64. If the old Game and Watchs count then add Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Jr onto that as well.

StuKeith
6th December 2007, 14:21
PS2
Game Cube
Nintendo Wii
Xbox 360
Game Gear
2x A1200
1x A500
1x A600
1x A1500

I got rid of all my old classic stuff like saturns, dreamcasts, lynxs and the jag amoungst others

Sharingan
6th December 2007, 14:28
I own (or have owned) the following over the years:

Nintendo Game Boy
Amiga 500
Amiga 1200
Nintendo Game Boy Colour
Nintendo Game Boy Advance
Nintendo DS
PC
Sony PlayStation
Nintendo Gamecube
Sony PlayStation 2
Sony PSTwo
Sony PSP
Sony PlayStation 3

I was too poor to buy a C64 back when all the cool kids owned one.

Next purchase will likely be a Wii. Perhaps a 360 a few years down the road when it's gotten a hardware revision.

Demon Cleaner
6th December 2007, 14:29
I will get an Amiga 1000 now, as Zyriax still has 3 (working ones) of them, and gets rid of to make some room. Don't know if he sells all 3 of them though, but I guess. If anyone is interested I can ask him.

Buleste
6th December 2007, 14:31
Forgot about my computers and one other console.
I had a c64 and a Toshiba MSX and an Atari 2600

Demon Cleaner
6th December 2007, 14:32
Forgot about my computers and one other console.
I had a c64 and a Toshiba MSX and an Atari 2600The only thing that counts is what you actually HAVE, and not HAD.

Quagmire
18th January 2008, 22:03
I've got:-

Commodore PET 8032
Commodore Plus 4
Commodore 64 x4
Commodore Amiga 2000
Commodore Amiga 500
Commodore Amiga 3000D
Commodore CDTV
Atari Lynx2
Atari 2600 jr
Atari 600XL
Atari 800XL
Apple II GS x2
Apple Macintosh plus 512k
Apple LCIII
Apple quadra 840AV
Apple 8500 Powerpc
Apple Powermac Quad G5
Acorn Electron X2
Acorn A3000
Acorn Risc PC700 strongarm
SNK Neogeo Home system (Jap)
Sharp Famicom Twin
Nintendo NES x4
Nintendo SNES x2
Nintendo Gameboy color
NEC PC engine + CDROM briefcase unit
Mattel Intellivision
Radofin Telesports III
Binatone TV game system colour
Sony Playstation
Xbox 360
GP32
Sega Game gear
Sega Megadrive
Sega Saturn
Sega Dreamcast x2
Sinclair Spectrum 48k rubber keys
Sinclair QL
Panasonic 3DO x3
Dragon 32
Dragon 64
Toshiba MSX

I Think that the lot:unsure: nope I forgot the MSX

Graham Humphrey
18th January 2008, 22:52
Is that all? ;)

Zetr0
27th January 2008, 15:10
LOL

i have around 14 including Amiga's

mentioning that I was at a car booty this morning, at there was a Sega Game Gear for £10.... it was tempting.... very much soooo...

Harrison
28th January 2008, 12:29
@Quagmire

That's quite a big and varied range in your collection. Many less popular systems too. Very nice. Question is, where do you find the space to store them all? And do you play them often?

Sharingan
29th January 2008, 07:17
Radofin Telesports III
Binatone TV game system colour :thumbs:

Sharingan: "Hey mate, wanna come over to play some games on my Radofin Telesports III?"
Mate: "Sure thing. I'll bring over my Binatone TV game system colour too."
Sharingan: "Cool."

Quagmire
29th January 2008, 18:47
@Quagmire

That's quite a big and varied range in your collection. Many less popular systems too. Very nice. Question is, where do you find the space to store them all? And do you play them often?

Cheers, yep it's a big collection & most of it is packed away in the storage side of the attic, there's about 10 systems in my bedroom.

my favs and most used are Xbox 360, Pc engine, Famicom twin, Acorn RiscPC and Amiga 3000. oh and my G5 Mac cause it's part of the music studio setup, can't be without that baby.:)

woody.cool
28th July 2008, 16:56
I still own the following:

- Commodore Amiga 500
- Commodore Amiga 500+
- Commodore Amiga 600HD
- Commodore Amiga 1200
- Commodore Amiga 2000 (early rev NTSC model - has red power LED and red floppy LED)
- Commodore Amiga 1500
- Commodore Amiga CD32
- Commodore C64
- Commodore C64-C (newer re-release model)
- Commodore VIC-20
- Commodore C16
- Commodore +4 (unfortunately not working)
- Amstrad CPC 464
- Amstrad CPC 6128
- Amstrad CPC 464 Plus
- Amstrad GC 4000
- Sinclair ZX Spectrum 16k (early rev.1 rubber key model)
- Sinclair ZX Spectrum 128K + (sometimes known as the 'toast rack' due to heat sync on the side)
- Sinclair ZX Specreum +2A
- Sinclair ZX81 (unfortunately not working)
- Oric Atmos 48K
- Nintendo NES
- Nintendo SNES
- Nintendo Gameboy Original
- Nintendo Gameboy Original (Limited Edition Black model)
- Nintendo Gameboy Original (Limited Edition Yellow model)
- Nintendo Gameboy Advance SP (Black)
- Nintendo Gameboy Advance SP (Limitied Edition Zelda model)
- Nintendo 64 x3
- Nintendo 64 (Limited Edition Translucent Orange)
- Sega Master System Mark I
- Sega Mega Drive Mark II
- Sega Game Gear
- Acorn Archimides A3010
- BBC Model B (32K)
- Atari 520 STfm
- Atari 1040 STfm
- Atari 2600/VCS (6-switch woody)
- Epson HX-20
- Sony Playstation (mark 1)
- Sony Playstation 2 (old bulky ver, NOT slimline one - black)
- XBOX 360

That's my collection, but there's more that I'm after.

Demon Cleaner
28th July 2008, 18:18
Nice collection you have. But I miss some last generation consoles :)

By Amstrad GC4000, you mean the GX4000? I got that console because of its look, but the console itself was a real flop.

woody.cool
28th July 2008, 19:17
Nice collection you have. But I miss some last generation consoles :)

By Amstrad GC4000, you mean the GX4000? I got that console because of its look, but the console itself was a real flop.

My bad! I do mean GX4000 - the X being next to the C, I accidently hit the wrong letter.

True, the console was a real flop. I only have one game for it (Burning Rubber)

Demon Cleaner
28th July 2008, 19:29
True, the console was a real flop. I only have one game for it (Burning Rubber)Same here. The game was delivered together with the console. I quite liked Burnin' Rubber on the arcade cabinets, I played that one a lot when I was young. Also liked the C64 version.

woody.cool
28th July 2008, 20:10
True, the console was a real flop. I only have one game for it (Burning Rubber)Same here. The game was delivered together with the console. I quite liked Burnin' Rubber on the arcade cabinets, I played that one a lot when I was young. Also liked the C64 version.

WOW! I didn't realise there was a C64 version :cool:

Demon Cleaner
28th July 2008, 21:02
The gameplay was identical, the graphics of course worse than the arcade version, but being able to play one of my favorite games in 1983 at home, it was just great.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/cioprgr/classicamiga/Burnin_Rubber.png

woody.cool
7th August 2008, 13:31
I've just acquired a Panasonic 3DO from a friend - only have one game (Super Street Fighter II Turbo) but I think it's a great machine.

Quagmire
7th August 2008, 14:18
3DOs are great, I have 3 Panasonic ones, 2 US and a UK model too, + around 100 Games too, Streetfighter 2 is excellent on the 3DO especially with the ltd edition Capcom 6 button pads:)

best games IMO are

Return fire, Street fighter 2, Need for speed and Star fighter.

woody.cool
7th August 2008, 17:23
Cheers for that! I reckon I'll try and track those games down.

Loftus
3rd November 2008, 11:17
Just to add my collection to the mix heres what i have and what i still use;

USE:

Dreamcast
Ps2 Slim
XBOX
A500+
N64
Wii
DS

HAVE:

NES
SNES
Mega Drive 1&2 + Mega CD
Genesis 1 + Sega CD 2 (these are for sale...boxed and in very good condition PM me ;))
GB Colour + Poket + Classic
Saturn
Master System
Ps2 Original
Ps1 Original

+ lol, i had that GX4000 thing aswell with burnig rubber and robocop 2. What a pile of:shit:

Demon Cleaner
3rd November 2008, 12:21
+ lol, i had that GX4000 thing aswell with burnig rubber and robocop 2. What a pile of:shit:Only thing that is cool is the design of the console :)

Loftus
3rd November 2008, 12:22
+ lol, i had that GX4000 thing aswell with burnig rubber and robocop 2. What a pile of:shit:Only thing that is cool is the design of the console :)

yeah i seem to remember it was designed like a spaceship!?

Demon Cleaner
3rd November 2008, 12:25

yeah i seem to remember it was designed like a spaceship!?Right.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/cioprgr/classicamiga/AmstradGX4000.jpg

Loftus
3rd November 2008, 12:36
Looking at that brings back memories of a dodgy console my aunt brought me from South Africa. Thinking about it i'm sure it was a NES clone and i only had one of those 100(?)-1 carts. :lol:would love to still have that - might be worth something :huh2:

Demon Cleaner
3rd November 2008, 12:40
I don't know if it's worth something? I guess not. I still have mine in its original box.

Here's (http://cgi.ebay.de/Amstrad-GX4000-Retro-Games-Console-Boxed-with-game_W0QQitemZ220302276206QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item220302276206&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177) an auction that finishes in 7 hours.

Loftus
3rd November 2008, 12:44
I don't know if it's worth something? I guess not. I still have mine in its original box.

Here's (http://cgi.ebay.de/Amstrad-GX4000-Retro-Games-Console-Boxed-with-game_W0QQitemZ220302276206QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item220302276206&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177) an auction that finishes in 7 hours.

:lol:, i meant the NES clone! I wouldnt have thought those amstrads were even worth that much! :p

Demon Cleaner
3rd November 2008, 12:48

:lol:, i meant the NES clone! I wouldnt have thought those amstrads were even worth that much! :pDOH!!! :D

Harrison
3rd November 2008, 13:41
That Amstrad console did look quite cool. The redesigned CPC+ range did look good. However trying to redesign something that was already way out of date was never going to sell well. In fact, even though I had own a CPC464 as my first computer for years, but the time the CPC+ range was released I had already owned an ST and Amiga for years and hadn't even realised the CPC was still being sold.

Didn't the CPC+ range have slightly updated system specs? More sound channels and better graphics?

And it's always been a similar story when other hardware makers have trying to do a similar thing. Look at the Commodore 64 Games System as another similar example of a failing system, or the CD32. They never seem to learn that when you already have a successful home computer platform, cutting it down and re-releasing it as a limited console doesn't work.

Demon Cleaner
3rd November 2008, 13:47
The CPC464+ could display the 640 x 200 resolution in color, the non + only in monochrome. Soundchip was the same: General Instruments AY-3-8912.

woody.cool
1st December 2008, 16:24
The list has now changed
I now have the following

- Commodore Amiga 500 (KS 1.2, OCS, red power LED)
- Commodore Amiga 500 (KS 1.3, ECS, 512KB FAST RAM expansion)
- Commodore Amiga 500 (KS 1.3, ECS, 512KB FAST, 2MB CHIP (angus upgrade), GVP HD8+ Hard Drive)
- Commodore Amiga 500+ (KS 2.04, ECS, 1MB FAST RAM, 2MB CHIP, GVP HD8+ Hard Drive + 4MB RAM)
- Commodore Amiga 600HD (KS 2.05, ECS, 1MB FAST RAM)
- Commodore Amiga 1200 (KS 3.0, AGA, 16MB FAST RAM, 2GB HDD, 68030 CPU, 68882 FPU)
- Commodore Amiga 1500 (spares & repairs)
- Commodore Amiga 2000 (early rev NTSC model - has red power LED and red floppy LED - A2091 SCSI, 2GB HDD, 0.5MB FAST RAM, twin floppy)
- Commodore Amiga 3000 (68030, 4.3GB IDE HDD on Buddha IDE card)
- Commodore Amiga CD32 (no upgrades at all!)
- Commodore C64
- Commodore C64-C (newer re-release model - spares & repairs)
- Commodore VIC-20
- Commodore C16
- Commodore +4 (unfortunately not working)
- Amstrad CPC 464
- Amstrad CPC 6128
- Amstrad CPC 464 Plus
- Amstrad GX 4000
- Sinclair ZX Spectrum 16k (early rev.1 rubber key model)
- Sinclair ZX Spectrum 128K + (sometimes known as the 'toast rack' due to heat sync on the side)
- Sinclair ZX Spectrum +2A (spares & repairs)
- Sinclair ZX Spectrum +3
- Sinclair ZX81 (unfortunately not working)
- Oric Atmos 48K
- Nintendo NES
- Nintendo SNES
- Nintendo Gameboy Original
- Nintendo Gameboy Original (Limited Edition Black model)
- Nintendo Gameboy Original (Limited Edition Yellow model)
- Nintendo Gameboy Advance SP (Black)
- Nintendo Gameboy Advance SP (Limitied Edition Zelda model)
- Nintendo 64 x2 (I swapped one for the A3000 above :) )
- Nintendo 64 (Limited Edition Translucent Orange)
- Sega Master System Mark I
- Sega Mega Drive Mark II
- Sega Game Gear
- Acorn Archimides A3010
- BBC Model B (32K)
- Atari 520 STfm
- Atari 1040 STfm (spares & repairs)
- Atari 2600/VCS (6-switch woody)
- Epson HX-20 (can't find PSU)
- Sony Playstation (mark 1)
- Sony Playstation 2 (old bulky ver, NOT slimline one - black)
- XBOX 360
- XBOX (original version)
- Nintendo Wii
- Panasonic 3DO

That's my collection, but as always, there's more that I'm after.

Buleste
1st December 2008, 16:30
And a Partridge in a Pear tree.;)

woody.cool
1st December 2008, 16:39

:lol:

Buleste
1st December 2008, 16:42

The problem is where to plug in the PSU to the Partridge.;)

woody.cool
1st December 2008, 18:29

The problem is where to plug in the PSU to the Partridge.;)
It uses an Amiga PSU - problem is, my spare one is ony a 25W jobby from an A1200 - not enough power for the Partridge to work properly :lol:
It keeps chirping "SOFTWARE FAILURE"

Shoonay
16th June 2009, 08:44
A600
A1200 8MB
A1200 Blizz 020/50MHz 32MB
PSX
GBA SP
C64
Amstrad CPC