PDA

View Full Version : Mass Effect

Demon Cleaner
28th May 2008, 07:36
I just saw that Mass Effect is being released for the PC and will get a few tweaks.

@Harrsion: You might try this one out, as the game is really great.

Review (http://www.gameinformer.com/Games/Review/200807/R08.0527.1642.12539.htm) at GameInformer.

Harrison
28th May 2008, 10:14
I've been waiting for this game so I will definitely be trying it out.

FOL
31st May 2008, 00:36
I just saw that Mass Effect is being released for the PC and will get a few tweaks.

@Harrsion: You might try this one out, as the game is really great.

Review (http://www.gameinformer.com/Games/Review/200807/R08.0527.1642.12539.htm) at GameInformer.

Pre ordered mine 3 days ago, :). Next Friday, I should have Mass Effect and Sins of a solar empire.

Harrison
31st May 2008, 02:13
Sins of the Solar Empire is a great game. You won't be disappointed.

FOL
31st May 2008, 13:07
Sins of the Solar Empire is a great game. You won't be disappointed.

How do you know that, it aint been released yet?

Harrison
31st May 2008, 13:43
Yes it has. Its UK release was delayed compared to the rest of the world. You have been able to buy it electronically for some time now. :)

Although... :JRflag: is always quicker! ;)

FOL
31st May 2008, 16:17
Yes it has. Its UK release was delayed compared to the rest of the world. You have been able to buy it electronically for some time now. :)

Although... :JRflag: is always quicker! ;)

tut tut, :). I rather buy the games, than download them, lot less hastle, plus you aint missing bits, like the movies etc etc.

Harrison
31st May 2008, 17:36
Missing bits? That would only happen if you downloaded a rip. Make sure you always download proper scene releases and you are never missing anything.

I do tend to end up buying games that are really good though so I can play them online.

Harrison
1st July 2008, 00:48
I've now finally had chance to start playing Mass Effect properly and I'm so far really enjoying it. It definitely has a similar feel to their previous Knights of the Old Republic Series, but also much of a first person shooter too during combat.

The story is also very interesting and will instantly interest any sci-fi fans. I definitely recommend this to anyone remotely interested in either RPGs or Sci-Fi.

Sharingan
1st July 2008, 13:37
Would it run decently on a P4 3.0 GHz, nVidia 6800 GT system with 2 GBs of RAM?

I'm thinking of finally upgrading my PC soonish, but until then, it would be nice to try out some of these games on my old system.

Medieval Total War II made me realise how woefully inadequate my current specs have become :eyebrow:

Harrison
1st July 2008, 14:08
Yes it would run fine on your system specs. You would probably need to run the game in 1024x768 resolution, because I need to do this on my system which is using a 7800GT, but I also have all of the texture settings set to high and have so far not suffered from any lag. If I increased the resolution to 1280x1024 I fully expect I would start to see some lag, but in all honesty I am prepared to reduce the resolution slightly for a better gameplay experience. The graphics might not be quite as crisp as it isn't my monitors native resolution, but it still looks good.

Sharingan
1st July 2008, 16:00
Grand. I've heard good things about this game. Might pick up Gears of War as well while I'm at it, just to see what the fuss is about (see? I don't need a 360 to play all of its biggest games!).