PDA

View Full Version : Pimp my Eagle MkIII

Buleste
24th May 2008, 21:08
Damn it. After all these years i've only just found out about the increasing cargo space bug in Frontier. So finally i have a Eagle MkIII with a latge Plasma accelerator, Class 4 Hyperdrive, 50 shield units and the usual stuff. At last i can do millitary missions without having to worry about deadlines.

v85rawdeal
24th May 2008, 21:34
To be honest, this is the first I believe I have ever heard about this. Mind you, I traded my ship in asap for something a little bit bigger.

I would be interested in hearing more about this 'bug', though.

Zetr0
25th May 2008, 00:43
get some money,

buy a LION TRADER

equip it with 10 MBM Mining machines
equip it with Escape Pod

Take off... Use escape pod.

now when you start back up you get a combat eagle, and if you look you still have 10 mining machines, sell them off and you will have a lot more cargo space... lump in a military hyperdrive, large plasma, a couple of cabins, shit load of shield generators and whooohoo :D

Buleste
25th May 2008, 17:56
Buy some excess Hydrogen fuel and 1 ton of rubbish. When you are on the edge of the system go to the inventry screen and click just below the rubbish and you will jettison nothing but get the cargo space so you can have the fastest ship but with more tonnage than the biggest of ships, capable of taking on anything and have hyperdrives capable of jumping over 200 light years.

Buleste
26th May 2008, 12:12
I forgot to add:- make sure you have at least one shield generator else you'll find yourself being hit by the jettisoned debris.
I'm going to go do some more pimping. Class 7 hyperdrive and 100 shield generators should be enough.

Buleste
28th May 2008, 11:30
After an unfortunate incident with a Imperial Trader and 100mw laser i decided i needed more sheilds. You can find a picture of what i have now in the Albums.

Buleste
28th May 2008, 13:39
I've now added this tip to the main site.

Buleste
28th May 2008, 19:36
I forgot to add. Whats not shown in the picture is the 650 tons of cargo space.
http://forum.classicamiga.com/picture.php?albumid=5&pictureid=53

Wa Hay!!! managed to get the picture added to the post.