PDA

View Full Version : Indy and the Fate of Atlantis: The Action Game

Ghost
22nd May 2008, 22:09
Hello people,

I am considering of getting 'Indiana Jones And the Fate of Atlantis: The Action Game' for my Amiga games collection.
For those who have never heard of this game before, like with the 'Last Crusade' adventure game there was an action game version which ran parallel (I think) with the development of the adventure.

US Gold, Lucasarts/Lucasfilm Games European distributer ordered the development of the action games which unlike the adventure games could also be released on Home computers such as the Commodore 64, Spectrum ZX and Amstrad which could not run the adventures.

To those who have played the game on the Amiga or PC, in your opinion is the game worth paying 19 Euros for?
I am mostly interested in for rarity's sake but I am curious about the quality of the game itself.

Harrison
23rd May 2008, 00:54
Nope. I don't think the action Indy games are worth paying for at all. Compared to the Adventure games they were very poor and not worth playing. Think if a poor clone of Rick Dangerous with an Indy look and you will get the idea.

Ghost
23rd May 2008, 01:14
Well this game was Isometric instead of Platform based.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/indiana-jones-and-the-fate-of-atlantis-the-action-game/screenshots

Thought it might have made an interesting collector item, you are not the first who has warned against this title.

Harrison
23rd May 2008, 02:31
Oh yeah, I was thinking of the other Indy action game, which is a 2D platform game. The isometric one is even worse. The idea was good, and the isometric action adventure had worked so well in many other games (Cadaver, Knightlore etc) but it just wasn't good. The biggest problem was that the game is too easy and very boring.

Ghost
23rd May 2008, 10:57
I guess it wouldn't be worth to spend money on this game, even as a curiosity.

Harrison
23rd May 2008, 11:20
I agree. There are loads of much better more collectable Amiga games out there. The most sort after Amiga game at the moment is Moonstone. This game hardly ever comes up for sale on auction sites. The last copy on ebay fetched over £80.

v85rawdeal
24th May 2008, 14:29
Nope. I don't think the action Indy games are worth paying for at all. Compared to the Adventure games they were very poor and not worth playing. Think if a poor clone of Rick Dangerous with an Indy look and you will get the idea.

Which, in and of itself, is a strange concept as Mr Dangerous was clearly a clone of Indy...

Harrison
24th May 2008, 23:03
But RD came first and was a lot better. It did take a lot of ideas from the indy films that is true.

Ghost
25th May 2008, 00:15
Harrison, have you ever owned the action games?

Harrison
27th May 2008, 17:47
The originals? Nope. Never by anything that received bad reviews from every magazine at the time.

I have however played both via emulation and thought they were both mediocre at best.

Ghost
28th May 2008, 06:59
Ah, well I thought it might have collection interest but after what you told me I did not buy it.