PDA

View Full Version : Technology Ebay/Paypal postage handling

Harrison
22nd May 2008, 11:22
I've not sold anything on ebay for some time now and used the new postage feature on Paypal to print a prepaid shipping label.

I'm quite impressed with this recent new addition. It really speeds up sorting out paying for the postage and printing an address label all in one go.

So now all I need to do is drop the parcels into the local post office to get a recorded delivery receipt. :)

Buleste
22nd May 2008, 11:27
I've never actually used it as i want to get through all my sticky lables and tons of recorded delivery slips. Besides it takes business and cash from the post offices which means more will close and you'll have to update your Post Office thread.

Harrison
22nd May 2008, 11:31
True, but it actually gives RM more money from the postage of each item due to not having to pay post office counter staff to handle the transaction.

Yes this means it could be doing someone out of a job, but it is easier to prepare your parcels for posting than having to stand in a post office queue and then have to spend time weighing the parcels at the counter, filling in recorded delivery slips, paying for the postage etc...

Stephen Coates
22nd May 2008, 16:06
I quite like taking stuff to the post office. I have only used the PayPal postage for ParcelForce 48 items, a couple of which I took to the post office, and one I had collected.

I can't really see much point for smaller items as these can be paid for easily at the post office.