PDA

View Full Version : my 1st hello word demo for CA for real A1200

Tiago
20th May 2008, 02:15
Hy guys,

i didnt work with my sampler since ... ? 1992? After we talk about about the demomaker, and creating some hello world demos, i did something.

It is just 1 image and 1 sampler (Black Sabbath) with only a few seconds ...880kb ... i didnt remember how difficult it was to do anything with sound bellow 880kb...
it was recorded in my real A1200 with Audiomaster iV
Check it out:
http://pwp.netcabo.pt/0255980901/commodore_amiga/ca-files/ca_tiago.adf

don't laugh ok? :)
It's under CLI from workbench 3.x and it works in real A1200 (no extra memory needed)

We must start with the demos. Come on, do something, even it's just an image.
If someone has cli software like:
playmods ; playsamples ; showimages... tell me. I only have a few programs for cli

cheers

Harrison
20th May 2008, 09:08
I just gave it a try and it worked fine.

Great for a first attempt. :thumbs:

And nice to see some CA mentions too. :)

This has got me wanting to launch the CA demo making competition this week now, so I will see what I can do.

Puni/Void
20th May 2008, 10:36
Good to see some activity when it comes to demo related activity, Tiago. :) If you need some assistance when it comes to scripting or such stuff, feel free to PM me.

I'm also eager to get the demo competition started, Harrison. :) We should get an announcement out during one of the coming days. Please give me a sign if you need more help.

Tiago
27th May 2008, 18:57
Anyone did a hello world?
Come on guys, i now you can do much better them me !
Let me see some mini demos !! Demomaker ; cli/worbench, anything !

Puni/Void
27th May 2008, 19:32
Hopefully the competition will be launched some time this week, and then we might see some rise in activity. :)