PDA

View Full Version : GTA beater????

Buleste
19th May 2008, 16:00
Could this be the game to beat GTAIV?? Bus Simulator 2008. (http://www.bussimulatorgame.com/) Speak a foreign language, grunt at passengers, watch passengers being assaulted by chavs whilst you sit behind your glass screen, clean up vomit after a Friday/Saturday night and all other such things are not included in what could well be the most pointless game/simulator of all time.

Harrison
19th May 2008, 16:04
It's like Crazy Taxi, but without the will to live!

Demon Cleaner
19th May 2008, 16:05
I see that it's a german game, usually the japanese are quite addicted to such simulations. I know that I once had a train simulation similar to this one, and those games sell very well in Japan.

Buleste
19th May 2008, 16:28
In a bid to liven up the game they are thinking of adding a patch to allow you to watch the grass grow in real time.

Scarily enough i've found another similar game here. (http://www.busdrivergame.com/)

Harrison
19th May 2008, 16:38
I'm surprised none of these have been made my Microsoft!

Just wait for the official expansion pack! Graffiti cleaner! Where you get to clean the graffiti from your bus using a series of endorsed cleaning products.

Buleste
19th May 2008, 16:51
And then the Gum Busters expansion pack

Teho
19th May 2008, 17:05
I actually allready knew of this. There's this guy on a norwegian gaming messageboard that is nuts about buses. I mean really crazy about them. He won't stop posting about these sims and how much he's looking forward to upcoming ones and features he'd like to see et cetera. Kept ranting about there not being a bus submission in the GTA games. He loved driving the buses around in them but hated that people wasn't getting on and off. He's the kind of guy you back away from slowly after the first couple of sentences of conversation, and then walk in a wide arc around from then on. Just unfathomably hung up on buses. Scary, actually.

Harrison
19th May 2008, 21:05
I bet he gets on well with train enthusiasts!

Submeg
19th May 2008, 21:47
I bet he gets on well with train enthusiasts!

Wouldn't they be mortal enemies though? If you're not getting on a bus, you're getting on a train....:hmmm:

Harrison
19th May 2008, 22:15
Buses take people to train stations!

Submeg
20th May 2008, 02:47
Pfft, here, you either get on a bus or train. Or tram. Or walk.

Harrison
20th May 2008, 08:16
In the UK we have a lot of engineering works always going on with the rail network, so you often have to be stopped at a station and taken part of the way by bus, before getting back on a train for the rest of the journey.

Or people live too far to walk to the train station.

And in general our public transport isn't that great in the UK. It's normally good if you live in a city or large town, but go outside into the rural areas and you have very limited services. For example where I grew up in the New Forest (Hampshire) we had one bus per hour running from 8am till 6pm. Before or after those hours you couldn't get public transport anywhere and so if you didn't have a car you needed to either walk, cycle or book a taxi. And the nearest town being 5 miles away.

That was a nightmare when I was growing up. If I wanted to meet friends in Southampton I would either have to go home around 6pm which wasn't good, or try to arrange transport with parents or if we were lucky a friend who could drive.

Submeg
20th May 2008, 12:42
Damn that sucks man! why was it so poorly organised??

Harrison
20th May 2008, 12:47
That is the state of public transport in the UK. It has been for many years now and everyone is always moaning about it.

Buleste
20th May 2008, 18:24
(Warning. Beginning of rant)
Years of neglect and then privatisation destroyed the british public transport system. It now costs the taxpayer more to run rural public transport than it did when the government ran the public transport and only a few companies get the subsidised routes due to backhanders.

(All clear. Rant over.)

J T
21st May 2008, 13:58
I see that it's a german game, usually the japanese are quite addicted to such simulations. I know that I once had a train simulation similar to this one, and those games sell very well in Japan.
Japanese go CRAZY for this shit. Apparently similar things can be found in arcades :blink:

Partly due to the hub and spoke nature of the transport system (as H said, in cities it's fine, but out in the sticks it's bad). And whoever mentioned privatisation and destroying the services - damn straight. It's made a real mess of things. See also post office.

TiredOfLife
21st May 2008, 15:52
Japanese go CRAZY for this shit. Apparently similar things can be found in arcades :blink:

Partly due to the hub and spoke nature of the transport system (as H said, in cities it's fine, but out in the sticks it's bad). And whoever mentioned privatisation and destroying the services - damn straight. It's made a real mess of things. See also post office.

See also everything privatised by the government.
Gits.