PDA

View Full Version : Can't save with Emlyn Hugues Soccer

lolafg
17th May 2008, 10:02
Hello,

as said in the title , i can't save anything with this game , could someone try it and TELL me what i am doing wrong ?

Thanks in advance!!

Harrison
17th May 2008, 11:13
What is happening when you try to save the game? Do you get any error messages?

Also does the game ask you for a blank disk to save the game, or to create a custom save game disk? If so then this could be the problem. Some games use a custom disk format which WinUAE cannot handle.

If this is what is happening then to get around this problem the save game disk would first need to be created with the game on a real Amiga, and then an ADF of the save disk would need to be created for use in WinUAE and other Amiga emulators.

lolafg
17th May 2008, 11:26
:)Hello ,

first, i am using it on my real amiga , not in winuae.

When i want to save , for example when i edit a team and want to save it , the game ask if i want to save this team ,then to enter filename so i put for example England and hit return key...and here the game crashes (black screen with red message)
In the readme file of the install it is said that all saves are redirected to hd...
Did you try it ?
Thanks .

Harrison
17th May 2008, 11:44
Sorry. I can't test it out today as I don't have time.

What is the red error message code you are getting? And what model of Amiga are you running the game on?

Normally most red error messages happen because of ram issues or an old game running on a newer Amiga, such as an A500 game on an A1200. If you are running it on an A1200, try disabling the cache in the Amiga's boot menu (hold both moue buttons down when you switch on) as this an often fix issues with older games.

If that fails then there are many more advanced downgrading techniques that can be used.

lolafg
17th May 2008, 12:55
:)Well ,
i have found how it works ,it is very simple , when you load the game with whdload,you must go to the option "make a data disk" and put a real floppy in the disk drive to create the data disk and IT IS THIS DATA DISK wich is redirected to the install and then you can save directly to the HD !!
Thanks for your help !!

Harrison
17th May 2008, 13:02
Glad you got it sorted in the end.

v85rawdeal
17th May 2008, 16:30
I didn't think Emlyn Hughes was a goalkeeper... Maybe that's why he couldn't save ;)

Submeg
21st May 2008, 13:52
Wow, that is pretty random, glad you worked that one out! :blink: