PDA

View Full Version : POTM POTM finally up to date

Harrison
15th May 2008, 15:33
Finally the POTM competition is back up to date.

Don't forget to all keep voted for the May POTM.

Will be finally see a new winner? Or the same two jokers? ;)

Submeg
15th May 2008, 15:35
I try, but you all have a non warped sense of humour. When I say "look a monkey with a cheeseburger" you are supposed to visualise a clown on a unicycle eating termites. Seriously, what is wrong with you PEOPLE!

Buleste
15th May 2008, 16:29
We're not Australian. C'mon Yahoo Serious??

Submeg
15th May 2008, 16:31

I think your posting privileges need to be taken away. :dry:

Tiago
15th May 2008, 18:13

How do you call the australians? I heard some mounths ago, something like
"Ausies" ?! is that it?
is that a bad/negative word?

Buleste
15th May 2008, 19:41
The slang for Australians is Aussies. In general being from the underside (or arse) of the planet is a bad/negative thing.

Submeg
15th May 2008, 23:22
Hmm, funny how being from the "underside" means we beat you at every sport around. I think the bitterness has returned no? :thumbs:

Harrison
16th May 2008, 01:09
Well... being that you are all descended from convicts you have running and jumping in your genes! So you have an advantage when it comes to sport. ;)

Speaking of convicts, did you know that POMS stood for Prisoners of Her Majesty? Therefore it is the Aussies who are the POMS, not us Brits! ;)

Submeg
16th May 2008, 01:19
Bah.

TiredOfLife
16th May 2008, 01:26
Hmm, funny how being from the "underside" means we beat you at every sport around. I think the bitterness has returned no? :thumbs:

Every sport bar the one that actually counts, footy.

We might only have the one World Cup final win to our name, but we are a lot closer to winning another than the aussies are to winning their first.;)

Submeg
16th May 2008, 06:53
Yea well thats cause you dont have to win in two different cup sections, first Oceania and then play someone from Africa or Europe to get in...how stupid.

Demon Cleaner
16th May 2008, 07:31
Hey Submeg, in 3 weeks you can watch the Euro championship, and can see how England plays... oh geez, almost forgot, England did not qualify :( what a shame :lol:

Buleste
16th May 2008, 08:10
Don't forget Wales and Scotland didn't qualify, although they didn't qualify as they are small countries whereas England didn't qualify because they are overpaid pieces of excrement.

Submeg
16th May 2008, 09:38
Yea, where was David Beckam and his bent knee? We all know it's from the Galaxy giving him a paycheck he doesn't deserve...its making his legs buckle from all the loose change! ;)

Buleste
16th May 2008, 09:46
The English FA give evry player in the England football team too much money. They should all be on performance related pay when they play for their country.

Submeg
16th May 2008, 09:46
True true. Maybe they could make some money that way?

Buleste
16th May 2008, 09:51
Nah!! they'd end up bankrupt after two games they're that bad.

Demon Cleaner
16th May 2008, 09:53
They also seem to have lack of good players, I mean if Peter Crouch is nominated for a national team, then something must be wrong.

And not only that, after many years now, they should change their way to play. Rush'n go is no more the way to play football.

Buleste
16th May 2008, 09:55
I'm just waiting for a big game hunter to shoot Peter Crouch and mount his head on the wall next to all the other giraffes.

Graham Humphrey
16th May 2008, 10:46
:lol:

Seriously though, what's wrong with Peter Crouch?

Buleste
16th May 2008, 10:51
Did you ever watch Bambi?? You know that scene when he's trying to learn how to walk. Thats Peter Crouch that is.

Demon Cleaner
16th May 2008, 11:50

Seriously though, what's wrong with Peter Crouch?What's NOT wrong with him?

Graham Humphrey
16th May 2008, 12:11
What is wrong with him? ;)

v85rawdeal
17th May 2008, 14:02
Bah.

With that one word, Submeg will forever be known as 'Humbug'

Submeg
17th May 2008, 15:40
lol, I was waiting for that! ;)

v85rawdeal
17th May 2008, 16:17
Glad to be of service!!!

Zetr0
17th May 2008, 22:52
Glad to be of service!!!

said the vicar to the prostitute.... or was that the other way round.... i get them mixed up these days so easily....:lol:

v85rawdeal
17th May 2008, 23:53
As the door said to the android, making said android more miserable than it already was.

J T
21st May 2008, 17:57
Yea well thats cause you dont have to win in two different cup sections, first Oceania and then play someone from Africa or Europe to get in...how stupid.

Yes, but you play in the oceania group so that you can beat tonga and samoa 10-nil without breaking a sweat :p

Seriously though, what's wrong with Peter Crouch?

Nothing, he's an OK player. Not brilliant though, and in NO WAY WAHTEVER 16 million quids worth :blink:

England as a football team are massively overhyped - We're OK but not great. People seem too easily swept up in the tub-thumping to realise this. Consistently reaching quartes/semis was quite good (not as good as winning, obv, which I would absolutely love, double-obv).

TiredOfLife
22nd May 2008, 01:30

Oceania?
That's like beating Accrington Stanley and expecting to be in the Champions League final.

As for England not in the Euro Comp this year, it's not all down to the players.

No organisation can do well with poor managers.
That's been us for a long time.

We have had a succession of dodgy managers trying to play all manner of dodgy styles.
When this fails, we then resort to the big boot for the final ten mins and then get knocked out on pens.
(Usually by Germany)

How do you stop English lads playing footy?
Put an England shirt on their backs.

The all play well enough and in the correct way for their club teams.
They are playing against the worlds best in the Premier League and the European Comps and yet fall apart when they play for England.

Peter Crouch was kept on the bench by James Beattie at Southampton.
James Beattie hardly set the world alight in the Premier League.
Says plenty about crouch.

Nearly all his England goals have come against non entitys like Oceania in meaningless friendlies.

Has all the grace of a drunken giraffe on ice in a force ten gale.

When he actually manages to get himself in the same area as the ball from a cross, his height is wasted.
This is because he has all the power and accuracy with his head as a scud missile.

Plus he also looks like Timmy from Southpark.

Buleste
12th June 2008, 15:01
Just checked on this months POTM (June) and with one post nominated i think the summer has taken our sense of humour. I've been about as witty as Gordon Brown just recently but then so has everyone else. C'mon people lets get funny. (I'm not going to ask about Mays POTM as 4 posts on a score of 33 is a nightmare for Harrison so to make it easier you can withdraw my post being as i have just won 2 POTM in a row (a hat-trick would be demoralising for Submeg;)).)

Submeg
12th June 2008, 15:03
Seriously, I'm used to not winning it. I sort of get that in text, I'm nowhere near as funny as when you see me in person!

Buleste
12th June 2008, 15:05
I've seen a picture of you and that was ****ing hillarious.:tease:

Submeg
12th June 2008, 15:09
yea I get that, ppl see me and run screaming in the other direction

Buleste
12th June 2008, 15:12
It's when you get the angry mob with flaming torches and pitchforks standing outside your front door that you have to worry.;)

Harrison
12th June 2008, 16:42
POTM nominations don't have to be because a post is funny though. It can be for any reason. A post could deserve to be nominated for providing some really good information or interesting ideas/links.

I've not had chance to look at the May results yet. I think I will do that now and see where the voting currently stands. I might not have voted on some of the nominations yet so my votes could tip the final outcome! ;)

my_lo
6th August 2008, 09:32
Yeepee, I am potm. This is outstanding, thanks to all who have voted for my post ^_^. I'm going to make a huge banana milshake to celebrate!

Demon Cleaner
6th August 2008, 09:39
I'm going to make a huge banana milshake to celebrate!
:sick: So I'm definitely not gonna celebrate with you!

my_lo
6th August 2008, 10:09
I have beer in the fridge if you prefer...:p

Demon Cleaner
6th August 2008, 10:13
I have beer in the fridge if you prefer...:p:thumbs: belgium beer? I am a big fan of Kriek, but the one from Bellevue, the others are too sweet. I also like the traditional Lambic.

Btw, I like a lot of Belgium beers, I also drink Trappistes sometimes, and visited Achouffe 2 times for their Chouffe beer and Patachouffe cheese ;)

Harrison
6th August 2008, 10:15
Give me a nice large bottle of Cobra. Much nicer.

Demon Cleaner
6th August 2008, 10:20
I sometimes drink Cobra when I'm going to the indian restaurant here near my workplace. They have Cobra and Kingfisher.

Buleste
6th August 2008, 10:25
I prefer a Real Ale. Any of the Whim Ales are good.

Harrison
6th August 2008, 10:36
I've never liked real ale that much. Sometimes like some of the strange named ones like Speckled Hen, but I don't normally go for that.

Demon Cleaner
6th August 2008, 10:41
No ale fan either :sick:

Buleste
6th August 2008, 10:41
Speckled Hen is good. Always remember drink Theakstones Old Peculier at the end of the night or else your night is going to be very very very surreal.

my_lo
6th August 2008, 10:56
Normally, i'm more of a wine drinker (red italian wine) but i also like a lot belgian beers like Orval, Duvel, Cuvée des trolls and Grimbergen. But mostly, when we go out for a drink we go to an Irish pub and i usually drink "Murphy's red".

belgium beer? I am a big fan of Kriek, but the one from Bellevue, the others are too sweet. I also like the traditional Lambic.

Btw, I like a lot of Belgium beers, I also drink Trappistes sometimes, and visited Achouffe 2 times for their Chouffe beer and Patachouffe cheese

I love beer and cheese (that explains the bump under my tshirt lol) but i never visited Achouffe, is great there? BTW, do you live in Belgium?

J T
6th August 2008, 11:28
I sometimes drink Cobra when I'm going to the indian restaurant here near my workplace. They have Cobra and Kingfisher.

Mmm, those are good ones. At the moment I'm quite enjoing the Brazilian lager Brahma (I think it's spelled that way). Not a big fan of real ale, I really only go for tue usual lagers and beers.

Buleste
6th August 2008, 11:32
The problem with Real ales is finding a pub that knows how to keep and serve them and is not full of strange men filling out notebooks on all the different beers they've tried.

Demon Cleaner
6th August 2008, 11:35
I love beer and cheese (that explains the bump under my tshirt lol) but i never visited Achouffe, is great there? BTW, do you live in Belgium?Achouffe is a nice and very small little town in the Ardennes. It only has some restaurants and some houses, and you can visit the brewery.

I'm from Luxembourg.

my_lo
6th August 2008, 12:27
I plan to spend a little week in the Ardennes with my wife during the fall, i'll jump on the occasion ^_-

(I remember now for Luxembourg, you already told me. My memory isn't what it once was :blink:)

Teho
6th August 2008, 16:15
I prefer danish beers, Carlsberg is very good, but I get extremely hung over on it. Even if I haven't had that many. No idea why. Tuborg is also very good though, and is what I usually drink when out. When just having a cold one at home, I go for the norwegian non-alcoholic Munkholm. Yes non-alcoholic. It tastes like a cold beer should, and I don't have to worry about driving after having had one.

A couple of weeks ago Porsgrunn's annual beer festival was held. And like a good citizen of Porsgrunn I attend every year. :) It's not actually much of a festival, more an enclosed area of the town with lots of beer stands selling beers you don't normally see around here. Most people treat the festival as an excuse to get wasted on something other than the stuff they usually get wasted on.

Among my hazy recollections of this year's event, I do remember getting my hands on something I think was called Greenwhich Brown. It may have been called something else but similar sounding though. Anyway, that the people of Britain drink enough of this stuff that it survives as a label kind of worries me. But not nearly as much as the thought of what else do the british people drink that make this stuff seem not so bad!?

I also remember getting something I don't remember the name of other than it was kind of witchy sounding and had a scarecrow on the label. It definitely seemed british as well. It didn't actually taste so bad, but you had to chew each mouthful fifteen times before you could swallow. I was full before I was halfway through the bottle.

That's all that left an impression this year really. Or enough of an impression that it remained with me after the weekend was over. ;)

Buleste
6th August 2008, 16:29
Among my hazy recollections of this year's event, I do remember getting my hands on something I think was called Greenwhich Brown. It may have been called something else but similar sounding though. Anyway, that the people of Britain drink enough of this stuff that it survives as a label kind of worries me. But not nearly as much as the thought of what else do the british people drink that make this stuff seem not so bad!?
Usually badly made copies of Carlsberg, Stella Artois etc. If it was called Greenwich
it's bound to be bad as Londoners wouldn't be able to tell a good beer from piss thats why they drink so much badly made lager.

Harrison
6th August 2008, 17:49
Proper Brown Ale is quite nice. I've sometimes drunk that when I've spotted it in a pub.

Out of choice I always go for Guinnes Extra Cold, or Murphys. But also like Cider and some beers. Beer is definitely the best when it is a very hot day. A couple of bottles of Cobra with a BBQ is great.

Demon Cleaner
6th August 2008, 18:22
During some years I only drank Cider, but here you can only get a handful of different brands, mostly you get Strongbow, but that's Ok, it tastes great.

Harrison
6th August 2008, 18:28
I don't like Strongbow the most. I prefer Balmers or Magners. There is also a local cider called Merrydown which is very nice.

khaxzan
13th August 2008, 17:16
...or best reply this month?

I wouldn't nominate best reply. That's just silly. Awards should go to best topics. :hmmm:

Silly?

Why?

Well, anyone can make a good reply, but it takes a smart individual to create a good thread. The guest shouldn't get all the credit in someone else's house! :huh2:

Submeg
13th August 2008, 23:01
...or best reply this month?

I wouldn't nominate best reply. That's just silly. Awards should go to best topics. :hmmm:

Silly?

Why?

Well, anyone can make a good reply, but it takes a smart individual to create a good thread. The guest shouldn't get all the credit in someone else's house! :huh2:

I don't think everyone can make a good reply. Look at me for example. Over 2000 posts and I've never won. Oh the shame :dry: :p

Zetr0
13th August 2008, 23:38
@Submeg

dont sound bitter my friend.... in time.... you could win.... after Buleste and V85 lose their accounts ;)

[Zetr0: Scarpers off for a bit of Database Hackery.....]

v85rawdeal
13th August 2008, 23:54
Hah! You wouldn't dare!!!

[sneaks off to create an alternative i.d. just in case]

Buleste
14th August 2008, 10:07
@Submeg
Unfortunatly being Australian means your just not funny or incitefull so you have no hope in hell. It's not your fault it's because your country has so much sun, beautiful beaches and your wildlife is either deadly or wierd you don't have any need to be funny. Unless V85 and I finally realise how much we love each other and elope to the Carribean to get married and the rest of the members of the site are struck down with RSI you're going to fell shame for a loooooonnnnnnnngggggggggg time.;)

TiredOfLife
14th August 2008, 11:03
I prefer danish beers, Carlsberg is very good

No it isn't.

No clever comments or witty remarks, just the facts.

For good lagers, you can't beat Belgium and Czech ales.

v85rawdeal
14th August 2008, 16:39
@Submeg
Unfortunatly being Australian means your just not funny or incitefull so you have no hope in hell. It's not your fault it's because your country has so much sun, beautiful beaches and your wildlife is either deadly or wierd you don't have any need to be funny. Unless V85 and I finally realise how much we love each other and elope to the Carribean to get married and the rest of the members of the site are struck down with RSI you're going to fell shame for a loooooonnnnnnnngggggggggg time.;)

Is that a proposal??? :yikes::yikes::yikes:

Submeg
14th August 2008, 23:27
@Submeg

I was gonna say something, but looks like I was beaten to the punch! :yesyes:

Harrison
14th August 2008, 23:59
@Submeg

You look shocked, but... not said NO yet, so.... still considering the proposal?

;) :lol:

Buleste
15th August 2008, 09:20
Submegs goto win POTM first!!!!;)

Submeg
16th August 2008, 11:35
Submegs goto win POTM first!!!!;)

Haha, see it's in writing now! :thumbs: