PDA

View Full Version : Taikodom - Elite successor?

Demon Cleaner
13th May 2008, 06:57
This seems to be a nice game for sci-fi and space simulation fans. Have a look at their homepage here (http://en.taikodom.com/).

Harrison
13th May 2008, 11:10
Very interesting. From the screenshots it looks like it has taken a lot of ideas from Earth and Beyond (an old favourite of mine as you know) and Freelancer, as well as loads more. Looking really good! The official site's videos show off the game very nicely and it looks like it has some very nice graphical effects.

I'm downloading the beta now to try it out. :)

Harrison
13th May 2008, 11:31
Quick update.

Download:

http://en.taikodom.com/download
size is 964.6MB and there is a direct download and a torrent available.

System Requirements:

Windows XP, 1.4GHz CPU, 512MB Ram, 2 GB HD space.

Graphics cards supported include GeForce 5200, ATI 9600 or higher.

DirectX 9.0c

Recommended Requirements:

Windows XP, 2GHz CPU, 1GB Ram, 2GB HD space.

GeForce 6600, ATI X1500 or higher

Notes:

You first need to register on the site before it will allow you to download the game's client software, and once installed you also need to download a patch (link on download page) and install that before it will let you play.

Zetr0
13th May 2008, 14:20
This looks fantastic!

I can only hope that it plays as good as it looks!!!

I absolutely Adore space sims.... however, I am a little disolutioned over X3 so somthing would be nice to bring me back unto the genere

I loved tachyon the fringe! bruce camble is one of my acting heros!

Freespace was awesome

but none of these have that .... Eliteness about them!!!!

even X beyond.... its was almost there..... but then ... well there was something missing.... alas it took half the game towork it out.

Harrison
13th May 2008, 14:57
The X series is definitely complex, with a steep learning curve.

Did you ever play Earth and Beyond? I used to love that online game and have missed it ever since it's server was shut down.

I've downloaded the client for this one and will be trying it out later tonight. Fingers crossed it is as good as it looks. :)