PDA

View Full Version : Classicamiga t-shirt created !!!

Tiago
10th May 2008, 15:38
Hi everyone !!!

I always wanted a Commodore Amiga t-shirt since i was a kid.
Well, i have a friend that produce some nice t-shirts so after talking with Master Harrison, i decide totry to crate one. I got some pictures and ask my friend to do one, so i create a ClassicaAmiga t-shirt.

I hope you like it.

If some of you are interested in one, i can get a good price. This one was about 3 euros, but it was for a friend, so it was a special price.
But if i order him lets say... about 10 he would make a good price, but you would have the shipping prices...
May be is less expensive to create one in you own countries,i dont know.

The t-shirt is made of really good material, i test it with a medium temperature in washing machine and the colors are great.

I use it last week and it was cool, some guys were looking and many of them know what it was, but younger kids didn't know what it was. "Amiga? What?"
Cool reactions! :lol:

Harrison move this post to a different place if you think is better.

http://pwp.netcabo.pt/0255980901/commodore_amiga/ca-tshirt/ca-tshirt-front1.jpg
http://pwp.netcabo.pt/0255980901/commodore_amiga/ca-tshirt/ca-tshirt-front2.jpg
http://pwp.netcabo.pt/0255980901/commodore_amiga/ca-tshirt/ca-tshirt-back1.jpg
http://pwp.netcabo.pt/0255980901/commodore_amiga/ca-tshirt/ca-tshirt-back2.jpg

Buleste
10th May 2008, 15:49
COOOOOOOLLLLLLL!!!!!!! Want one.

Zetr0
10th May 2008, 16:02
AWESOME

put me down for one two... XXL please

Tiago
10th May 2008, 16:18
1 for Buleste (L)
1 for Zetro (XXL)

Portuguese air mail www.ctt.pt
2.30 euros for 150 gr. (no priority mail)

I will ask for the t-shirt prices in case i order lets say... 10

Buleste
10th May 2008, 16:24
For me size is L.

Graham Humphrey
10th May 2008, 16:31
Very nice... not gonna buy one though ;)

Puni/Void
10th May 2008, 17:38
Hi Tiago,

I really liked the t-shirt. Great work mate! :thumbs:

Can you put me down for two t-shirts, size L, please? Thanks. :)

Teho
10th May 2008, 17:44
Oh hell yes! Two of those, please! Large for me too. :)

sarek2k
10th May 2008, 17:44
Me too XL :) Groovy!

Could we get some oldskool uk ones too? (say min order 10?)

i would provide logo's etc and what about black shirts instead of white?

Tiago
10th May 2008, 18:27
1 for Buleste (L)
1 for Zetro (XXL)
2 for PG (L)
2 for teho (L)
1 for Sarek2k (XL)

Sarek2k: I have to keep colors and logos and white t-shirts for the price dont go up.
My friend works with vector images and he have all ready to print.

There is no minimum order, but more units, lower unit price.

Submeg
10th May 2008, 21:53
Awesome, 2 for me (the classicamiga ones) but hmm what are the sizes? cause I just looked at my tshirts, some I have are M, some L and some XL but there are all the same sort of size! :dry: very annoying!

Tiago
11th May 2008, 01:49
1 for Buleste (L)
1 for Zetro (XXL)
2 for PG (L)
2 for teho (L)
1 for Sarek2k (XL)
2 for Submeg (to decide)

Submeg: I will ask for the sizes in cm or inches so you can decide.
I hope in the beginning of this week have some answers

Submeg
11th May 2008, 03:42
CM would be good! :)

Buleste
11th May 2008, 14:55
@Submeg.
The photos are of the front and back of the T-shirt so they are all the same CA T-shirt, just they have Kick 1.3 on the back. (As long as it's not Kick Me who cares).

Submeg
11th May 2008, 22:25
Ahhh right now Im with ya.....I'm a bit slow!!

J T
12th May 2008, 10:08
Woah, cool! Put me down for a medium....

I used to have a sweatshirt with a commodore logo on the front, it was awesome.

Tiago
12th May 2008, 12:11
So far:
1 for Buleste (L)
1 for Zetro (XXL)
2 for PG (L)
2 for teho (L)
1 for Sarek2k (XL)
2 for Submeg (to decide)
1 for J T (M)

I have a picture with t-shirt sizes so you all can confirm it, i will try to upload today or tomorrow.

Harrison
12th May 2008, 13:17
Great work on the T-Shirt. It put a big smile on my face when Tiago first emailed me the images of the T-Shirt after it was made. And it is also great to see so many wanting one. Put me down for 2 as well please. I will let you know which size once you post the t-shirt size picture.

Also once we have a t-shirt sizes picture I will post an article on the main site to show off the t-shirt in case anyone else would like to buy one as well.

I see we are already up to 10 t-shirts. :)

Now the big question. Who is going to volunteer to model one for the site? Or more preferred, if you know any hot women... ;)

TiredOfLife
12th May 2008, 13:23
They look the dogs nads.
Put me down for a XXL please.
Cheers.:thumbs:

Great work on the T-Shirt. It put a big smile on my face when Tiago first emailed me the images of the T-Shirt after it was made. And it is also great to see so many wanting one. Put me down for 2 as well please. I will let you know which size once you post the t-shirt size picture.

Also once we have a t-shirt sizes picture I will post an article on the main site to show off the t-shirt in case anyone else would like to buy one as well.

I see we are already up to 10 t-shirts. :)

Now the big question. Who is going to volunteer to model one for the site? Or more preferred, if you know any hot women... ;)

I know plenty of hot women.
Don't fancy my chances of getting them to wear "Nerdy IT clothes" though.

Buleste
12th May 2008, 13:25
Do NOT let the XL's and XXL's model the T-shirts as thats just going to further the stereotypes.

Tiago
12th May 2008, 13:27
So far:
1 for Buleste (L)
1 for Zetro (XXL)
2 for PG (L)
2 for teho (L)
1 for Sarek2k (XL)
2 for Submeg (to decide)
1 for J T (M)
2 for Harrison (to decide)

sarek2k
12th May 2008, 17:51
@Tiago

can u make my order 2 (XL) cheerz m8!

can't have too much of such a cool thing ;)

Zetr0
12th May 2008, 18:41
now i want an Old Skool T shirt as well....

:D

Buleste
12th May 2008, 19:05
2 XXL T-shirts???? The sweat shops in India will be working overtime.

Tiago
13th May 2008, 12:10
So far:
1 for Buleste (L)
1 for Zetro (XXL)
2 for PG (L)
2 for teho (L)
2 for Sarek2k (XL)
2 for Submeg (to decide)
1 for J T (M)

StuKeith
13th May 2008, 17:53
Ill have a large one please! Great Idea! and well done that man!

TiredOfLife
13th May 2008, 22:37
So far:
1 for Buleste (L)
1 for Zetro (XXL)
2 for PG (L)
2 for teho (L)
2 for Sarek2k (XL)
2 for Submeg (to decide)
1 for J T (M)

Am I on the blacklist or something?
Maybe nobody reads my posts?
No wonder I can't win POTM.

Harrison
13th May 2008, 22:54
Seems you were overlooked there.

So we currently now have:

1 for Buleste (L)
1 for Zetro (XXL)
2 for PG (L)
2 for teho (L)
2 for Sarek2k (XL)
2 for Submeg (to decide)
1 for J T (M)
1 for StuKeith (L)
1 for TiredOfLife (XXL)

This is great, we already have 15 T-shirts in the queue. :)

Stephen Coates
13th May 2008, 22:58
Looks good. I'd like an amiga/commodore T shirt, but I don't really want to be advertising a website at the same time.

Tiago
14th May 2008, 10:51
Sorry Tiredoflife, i forgot.

Thank for the update Harrison.

so far:
1 for Buleste (L)
1 for Zetro (XXL)
2 for PG (L)
2 for teho (L)
2 for Sarek2k (XL)
2 for Submeg (to decide)
1 for J T (M)
1 for StuKeith (L)
1 for TiredOfLife (XXL)

Zetr0
14th May 2008, 11:54
How much beggin would one have to do to have thier Nick / Handle on it ?

Tiago
14th May 2008, 12:20
To put the nick on the shirt? Well that would be a extra cash, i din't put more stuff because it would be more and more expensive. So i did it to be the less expensive.

I hope that in the next few days i have a final price for the shirts.

Zetr0
14th May 2008, 14:42
some great work Tiago, I look forward to owning one :D

TiredOfLife
14th May 2008, 18:29
Sorry Tiredoflife, i forgot.

Thank for the update Harrison.

so far:
1 for Buleste (L)
1 for Zetro (XXL)
2 for PG (L)
2 for teho (L)
2 for Sarek2k (XL)
2 for Submeg (to decide)
1 for J T (M)
1 for StuKeith (L)
1 for TiredOfLife (XXL)

No worries, that's great.
Now if you could just see your way clear to voting for me for POTM.....;)

Zetr0
14th May 2008, 18:39
POTM ..... Pimper of the Month??? ;)

surely you cannot mean poster of the month.... poor v85 will have nothing to do for the next four weeks if he lost.....

Buleste
14th May 2008, 20:19
I think he must mean pipmer as the poster titles look like i won march and april (even though H hasn't posted the results.)

Submeg
14th May 2008, 22:25
Ha yea having my nick on my shirt would be awesome, but yea, depends on costs and stuff...

Harrison
14th May 2008, 23:46
I think he must mean pipmer as the poster titles look like i won march and april (even though H hasn't posted the results.)

Indeed you have won both months. I've been a bit snowed under with all the forum updates and upgrades going on, plus the messing up of the quotes system due to that massive image posted in one of the quotes last month didn't help.

However now that is all sorted and things are now working better than ever I will bring the POTM awards up to date. Plus because you haven't had chance to actually enjoy a POTM status for two months I will keep the accolade attacked to your account until July.

Buleste
15th May 2008, 07:20
Attacked to my account?? COOOLLLLL!!!!

Tiago
15th May 2008, 09:58
Important:

The logos and letters on the t-shirts (not the disk) are mede of Flex.
Flex is na everlasting stretch material
It is not ink

The logos and letters were passed from jpg to vector images
so a big plotter can cut(blade) the flex. Then the cut material is placed on t-shirt by termal process at 200 degries celcius.

The workbench disk on the back on the thirt it is not created by the same method, it is not flex, because it contains to much detail to be cut. So the workbench disk is creaetd on the tshirt by the
tradicional method of printing the jpg image and glue it with heat.

All the rest is the flex material.

My colegue ask for 12 euros for each tshirt. It could sound a bit expensive, but if you search on the web
for flex tshirts you will see that it is not expensive.

When he created my tshirt he ask me about 3 euros because he just used a few material he had left. And it was an example to show.

I now must go to a postal station (www.ctt.pt) to confirm the price of shipping it.

If you think it will be to expensive and you want to give up, no problem with that.

If you keep wanting one, i will ask for you adreess soon.
cheers

Harrison
15th May 2008, 10:58
Will he be able to continue printing T-Shirts per order in the future? If so then I will add an advert on the main site offering these T-Shirts for sale.

Otherwise we could explore some of the online print to order t-shirt printing services which are available for future orders.

Tiago
15th May 2008, 12:20
Yes he will be able tu keep printing.
Even if from now on it's just one single t-shirt

Tiago
15th May 2008, 17:18
But wait Harrison, do not put yet on main site, let me put the image with the sizes, lets see if i have time today to upload it.

AlexJ
15th May 2008, 22:12
Will he be able to continue printing T-Shirts per order in the future? If so then I will add an advert on the main site offering these T-Shirts for sale.

Otherwise we could explore some of the online print to order t-shirt printing services which are available for future orders.

Bloody thieving commercial money-grabbing profiteering main site that is... Another chance to screw the retrogaming fanbase as you build your classicamiga commercial empire eh?

Zetr0
15th May 2008, 23:47
Damn it.... I knew it..... and not once have I been invited up to the hamptons.....

hmmm de'ja'vu.....

damn...now i have some French disease / cold flu thingy

Submeg
15th May 2008, 23:58
I actually thought it was a chicken dish? I had it last night. Tasted strangely like chicken...

de'ja'vu maybe?? :hmmm:

perhaps. :coffee:

Demon Cleaner
16th May 2008, 06:58
I actually thought it was a chicken dish? I had it last night. Tasted strangely like chicken...That reminds me something.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/cioprgr/classicamiga/wasnt_chicken.jpg

Buleste
16th May 2008, 07:17
It was pheasant, you pheasant plucker!!!

Submeg
16th May 2008, 08:34
Do you a lisssssssp?

Sir, please stop spiting on me. :badmood:

Tiago
16th May 2008, 20:47
Here are the mesures in centimeters. I test it on my t-shirt, an is correct

http://pwp.netcabo.pt/0255980901/commodore_amiga/ca-tshirt/tshirt-mesurations.jpg

Submeg
16th May 2008, 21:18
Cheers man, will check my shirts today to see!

Tiago
17th May 2008, 10:39
Sorry mates, but the tshirt project must be canceled,i washed my shirt 1 more time to test it, and the small letters on the sleeve, are getting out. they are really tight and small, the rest of the shirt is ok.
:(
I must cancel, i dont want to sell any product that is not ok.
I am really sorry

Zetr0
17th May 2008, 10:44
Tiago

I totally understand, theres no need to appologies, not only have you saved us cash BUT also you have hit home on a project that I believe is worth following up on.

A Classic Amiga T-Shirt is a fantastic IDEA, and the prototype that you have created REALLY captured the want / need of those geeks that inhabit this fair board.

Perhaps looking at other manufactureing practices, or even discussing with the manufacturer ways to negate the fast dasing issue. it may be something ink based failure in the manufacture.

In the mean time it should not stop us from helping you find OTHER manufacturers that will produce your Classic Amiga design, as i think it ROX!

Harrison
17th May 2008, 10:47
Are the letters on the sleeve printed or heat applied?

I've always found the heat applied logos/transfers never last that long before they start to crack or peel.

We will have to explore some of the online print to order T-Shirt companies and see if any of those have good prices for limited print runs. And if they are cheaper when ordering more we could get the orders in, then order them all in one bulk order and then distribute them on arrival.

Submeg
17th May 2008, 14:39
Sounds good, no need to rush it!

Teho
17th May 2008, 15:02
Let me have a word with the guys at angry-gamer. They've had t-shirts made with two different providers, both relatively cheap as well. Not prohibitively expensive anyway. The first one with cafepress which I've bought one of (and the logo is still fine on that one so far), the other I didn't buy but it was supposedly of even better quality, and cheaper to get as cafepress was only US-based at least at the time. But I don't remember where they got the second run of shirts from. But I'll have a word with Flamey who runs the site and ask where they got them from and what their quality was really like. He's a great guy and probably won't mind helping out a little with this.

Tiago
17th May 2008, 15:16
Are the letters on the sleeve printed or heat applied?

I've always found the heat applied logos/transfers never last that long before they start to crack or peel.

We will have to explore some of the online print to order T-Shirt companies and see if any of those have good prices for limited print runs. And if they are cheaper when ordering more we could get the orders in, then order them all in one bulk order and then distribute them on arrival.

Master,
all logos except the "wb disk" are heat applied. The materialis really good but:
in front and back the logos and letters are big enough to keep them there withou problem after a roll in washing machine, but in the sleeves the letters are to small and thin, so it is just a little peace of material that is in contact with the shirt.
Take a close look to the shirt you will see what i mean.

Anyway it was a good try, at least as Zetr0 said, we started the ideia of doing it.
Thanks zetro, i was feeling quite sad about this :(

Puni/Void
17th May 2008, 17:34
Don't worry Tiago, I think you've done a great job on this project. You've kickstarted the idea of a Classicamiga t-shirt and you've also, like Zetro wrote, made a cool prototype. :thumbs: I'm sure we'll be able to obtain shirts from another source. :)

Submeg
18th May 2008, 09:17
Yea Tiago, got to start somewhere man!

Tiago
18th May 2008, 20:14
Thanks guys!!

J T
21st May 2008, 16:08
Could the shoulder text not be removed/moved elsewhere/changed another way?

Like, stretched over the beer guts or moobs yous must all have with your large sizes *runs, but not particularly fast, it's not like you lot'll catch me anyway*

TiredOfLife
21st May 2008, 16:33
@Tiago

Shame mate but a great idea all the same.
Well done for having a go and trying to get it off the ground
Defo seems to have got the ball rolling if nothing else.
:thumbs:

Harrison
23rd May 2008, 10:19
I'm going to be exploring some avenues on how we can supply T-shirts to our CA designs.

http://www.cafepress.com/ is a very popular site that can print clothing and other products such as mugs to order. I don't know about you but I would love a CA mug. :)

I will be experimenting on their site to see what the prices are like. It will obviously not be as cheap as Tiago could get them for, but I think the print quality could be better. Although I'm not yet sure on logo placement limitations. We might be restricted to single front and back placement.

Buleste
23rd May 2008, 10:39
I thought v85 was our CA mug.

J T
23rd May 2008, 15:19

Well, you do seem to always have your lips round him, swallowing back the content therein :ninja:

Buleste
23rd May 2008, 15:28

Well, you do seem to always have your lips round him, swallowing back the content therein :ninja:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:

TiredOfLife
23rd May 2008, 15:31

While Buleste is concentrating on putting the boot in on v85, JT steals in and stabs him in the back.
The classic three way fight.
Now to decide who is the good, the bad and the ugly.
Anyone want to start a poll?
:guns:

Buleste
23rd May 2008, 15:50
I want to be the bad but i know i'll be labled the ugly so it's a forgone conclusion.

Submeg
24th May 2008, 10:11
I shall be known as Hector.

Buleste
24th May 2008, 10:23

You are known as [censored] by the rest of us.

Submeg
24th May 2008, 12:05

You are known as [censored] by the rest of us.

Hey guys, did you hear anything?? :hmmm:

nope, didn't think so :huh2:

Buleste
24th May 2008, 12:49
It allows everyone to put their own version in.

Submeg
24th May 2008, 13:58
It allows everyone to put their own version in.

Oh I know what it is....white noise! :p

Buleste
24th May 2008, 14:16
How do you know i'm not black?????

Submeg
24th May 2008, 14:18
Lol, oh it's from the way u type. And also cause I'm stalking you :evil:

Buleste
24th May 2008, 14:24
Lol, oh it's from the way u type. And also cause I'm stalking you :evil:

I wondered what that troll was i keep seeing when i go out!!

Submeg
24th May 2008, 22:53
Yea, he's my ho. :pimp:

Buleste
26th May 2008, 10:48

Are you trying to tell us something about your sexuality?????;)

Zetr0
26th May 2008, 11:01
Personally i think we all need to club together and get Buleste and Submeg a ROOM so they can get this sexual frustrations out on each other..

dont worry, V85 is the handy cam operator... i hear he can operate the camera one handed... something to do with practice.... meh....

more ON TOPIC :D

any new news on the online printing?

Submeg
26th May 2008, 12:36
It's ok, Buleste and I know where we stand. He asked me out once, but I turned him down, I just wasn't ready for the man on man action. ;) Lol

v85rawdeal
27th May 2008, 18:17

Are you trying to tell us something about your sexuality?????;)

I shall refrain from making ANY comments refering to uphill gardening with that 'ho'.

Buleste
27th May 2008, 20:26
The gardening implement is spealt Hoe or are on about a different type of gardening.

v85rawdeal
27th May 2008, 21:10
I plead the 5th, on the basis that I live in Portsmouth and it's a naval town... :whistle:

Puni/Void
28th May 2009, 19:07
I'm going to be exploring some avenues on how we can supply T-shirts to our CA designs.

http://www.cafepress.com/ is a very popular site that can print clothing and other products such as mugs to order. I don't know about you but I would love a CA mug. :)

I will be experimenting on their site to see what the prices are like. It will obviously not be as cheap as Tiago could get them for, but I think the print quality could be better. Although I'm not yet sure on logo placement limitations. We might be restricted to single front and back placement.

Any news on the t-shirts? Would be great for the summer. :D

Harrison
28th May 2009, 22:53
Someone on Amibay made the main members a limited run of T-Shirts for a recent show some attended. He made me one too, although I couldn't attend the show. Each T-Shirt was unique because it has our own Avatar and username on it. Quite cool.

He managed to charged just £10 per T-Shirt and they are good quality T-Shirts and dye printed, rather than transfer printed, so much nicer.

Maybe he could help us with a CA T-Shirt in the future. I will ask him when I have more time.

Tiago
29th May 2009, 13:23
That would be cool !!!

Puni/Void
29th May 2009, 14:35
Someone on Amibay made the main members a limited run of T-Shirts for a recent show some attended. He made me one too, although I couldn't attend the show. Each T-Shirt was unique because it has our own Avatar and username on it. Quite cool.

He managed to charged just £10 per T-Shirt and they are good quality T-Shirts and dye printed, rather than transfer printed, so much nicer.

Maybe he could help us with a CA T-Shirt in the future. I will ask him when I have more time.

10£ per t-shirt? That's not a bad price. Would be great if you could make a deal through this guy.

I've seen that there are some services on the Internet that can do the same job. One in Norway charges (after what I saw today) about 5-6£ per shirt. I don't know if the quality is great, but it is at least not very expensive. Shall I check it up?

Harrison
29th May 2009, 15:43
Definitely. It would be cool to have a few designs setup on an online T-shirt printing store so that anyone can order one as and when needed.

Puni/Void
30th May 2009, 13:49
Ok, I'll see what I can do. :) I'll post here when I know some more.

Hmm.. I was trying to find Tiago's old design (as it was excellent), but it seems to have disappeared from the thread. Do you still have the design prototype Tiago?

If the prototype is gone forever, does anyone have some suggestions or wishes for the design? Which pictures and logos do you want?

Tiago
31st May 2009, 10:46
I still have the images, and my tshirt:

http://www.lobodias.com/commodore_amiga/images/CA-tshirt/ca-tshirt-back1.jpg
http://www.lobodias.com/commodore_amiga/images/CA-tshirt/ca-tshirt-back2.jpg
http://www.lobodias.com/commodore_amiga/images/CA-tshirt/ca-tshirt-front1.jpg
http://www.lobodias.com/commodore_amiga/images/CA-tshirt/ca-tshirt-front2.jpg

The images i used, were normal logos of CA, Commodore and workbench, but my friend did vectors from them,
to use with the cutting machine, he cut the letters/logos and hot glue them... something like this....

Harrison
1st June 2009, 16:04
That T-Shirt does still look good, but wasn't there a problem with the finished T-Shirt?

Tiago
1st June 2009, 22:58
Yes it looks great, but after 2 washes the letters on sleave start to came out a bit, not to much but a bit. I use that t-shirt a lot, and i must tell you that it makes a lot of sucess :-)
but i guess the quality is not the best. Maybe i used it +/- 15 times so far, so 15 times in washing machine, only the sleave letters came out a bit.... you can read AmIGA, the m is a bit smaller now.... but i love it !! front and back parts are good, but i could not sell it knowing that the letters would came out a bit.

Puni/Void
2nd June 2009, 14:13
Yes it looks great, but after 2 washes the letters on sleave start to came out a bit, not to much but a bit. I use that t-shirt a lot, and i must tell you that it makes a lot of sucess :-)
but i guess the quality is not the best. Maybe i used it +/- 15 times so far, so 15 times in washing machine, only the sleave letters came out a bit.... you can read AmIGA, the m is a bit smaller now.... but i love it !! front and back parts are good, but i could not sell it knowing that the letters would came out a bit.

Good to hear that wearing the t-shirt attracts some attention. ;)

I'll see about downloading those logos you used. If you want, you could also send the logos to me, since they are prepeared for t-shirt use (size, colours etc). Thanks. :)

Demon Cleaner
2nd June 2009, 15:08
Good to hear that wearing the t-shirt attracts some attention. ;)Yeah, but I guess basically nerd attention :lol:

Tiago
3rd June 2009, 08:23

Good to hear that wearing the t-shirt attracts some attention. ;)

I'll see about downloading those logos you used. If you want, you could also send the logos to me, since they are prepeared for t-shirt use (size, colours etc). Thanks. :)

I'lll see if my friend still have the image vectors.

Good to hear that wearing the t-shirt attracts some attention. ;)Yeah, but I guess basically nerd attention :lol:

Yes some nerds... but also some "normal" people :lol:
I attend a computer show some months ago very near the "Hotel Palacio" remember?
And a lot of people comment about the t-shirt, people that had Amigas back in the days, lots of different reactions, pleople with more then 30 years old, recognize but i had a lot of kids (bellow 20) that were like: "Amiga? what is that?" So you have a "girlfriend website?" :lol:

Demon Cleaner
3rd June 2009, 12:30
Yes some nerds... but also some "normal" people :lol:
I attend a computer show some months ago very near the "Hotel Palacio" remember?I never will forget that, never been again in such a nice hotel in my life :)

Harrison
3rd June 2009, 12:46
Either of you got a link to the website for that hotel? Since you both mentioned it I've been interested in seeing what it looks like.

Tiago
3rd June 2009, 12:52
Either of you got a link to the website for that hotel? Since you both mentioned it I've been interested in seeing what it looks like.

here it is:
http://www.palacioestorilhotel.com

I can give you something not so expensive if any of you would like to visit PT

you can find hotels for 40 euros a day for 2 persons like the Ibis or similars.

Harrison
3rd June 2009, 14:57
Looks very nice from the pictures.

Standard rooms starting at £278 per night is definitely very expensive, but their best rate deals at £148 a night is about level with the best hotels near Chichester in the UK. The Goodwood Park hotel I stayed at on my wedding night was £176 for the one night for example.

Still, it is much more than I would be prepared to pay for a room normally.

Tiago
4th June 2009, 12:51
Looks very nice from the pictures.

Standard rooms starting at £278 per night is definitely very expensive, but their best rate deals at £148 a night is about level with the best hotels near Chichester in the UK. The Goodwood Park hotel I stayed at on my wedding night was £176 for the one night for example.

Still, it is much more than I would be prepared to pay for a room normally.

Yes, it's not cheap,
but if you want i can get you a +/- 40/45 euros a day hotel/residence.
If you put +/- 80 euros (maximum) to the air trip from uk to PT you could have a 1 week hollyday for you and your wife for (45*7) + (80*2) = 475 euros for 2 persons for 1 week.... a far price i think... and you can do a very nice meal for less then 10 euros a person... (food is great :D)

Harrison
4th June 2009, 12:58
That does sound a good price. It is about what we normally pay for a holiday each, so for that price combined would be great value.

We were actually considering a holiday to what we call the "Portuguese Riviera". So it is definitely of interest.

Tiago
4th June 2009, 15:11
i did a quick serch:

http://www.ibishotel.com/gb/hotel-1634-ibis-lisboa-oeiras/index.shtml

in IBIS in the end of June, you can get a room for 45 euros a day...
It's in a good location, between Estoril (Palacio Hotel) and Lisbon.

10km to Lisbon
+/- 6km to Estoril

If you rent a car you can get anywhere fast

but with a better search maybe you can get even better places

Nice hotels very near the beach and tranportations.

from 55 euros a day (June) you can get a very cool hotel in Estoril, less then 100 meters from the beach, less then 100 meters from train (go to lisbon)
you can travel from Estoril to Lisbon by train (1,5 euros) takes 25 minutes.
subway in Lisbon is less then 1,2 euros a trip, with a week pass is even cheap

Just tell me if you really interested, i can book you the hotel or any other think

http://www.portugalvirtual.pt/_lodging/costadelisboa/estoril/hotelsmamede/index.html
http://www.portugalvirtual.pt/_lodging/costadelisboa/estoril/residencial.smart/index.html
http://www.saboiaestorilhotel.com/
http://www.portugalvirtual.pt/_lodging/costadelisboa/estoril/hotelbaia/index.html

Several hotels (big list) all in Estoril area
http://www.portugalvirtual.pt/_tourism/costadelisboa/estoril/featuredp.html
the first page is in portuguese, but after chosing a hotel is in english