PDA

View Full Version : Where can I...?

Submeg
7th May 2008, 08:51
I want to upload some mp3's so I can add them to my myspace.

The player says that the web address must end in .mp3, as in:

www.somewhere.com/myaccount/thesong.mp3

Where can I upload it to so that it is set up like that? At the moment, mine end in .html so that it is a download link, which I dont want (on zShare I think)

Harrison
7th May 2008, 10:23
Umm... most standard website hosts allow any type of file to be uploaded and linked to, but obviously if you want a free solution things start to get a little harder because, as you say, most handle your uploads by presenting the downloader with a download page.

How much space are you looking for to use for this? If it is 1GB or less than you are welcome to use some space on the classicamiga server. If you wanted to do that I can set you up with a subdomain and ftp access, then you can upload whatever you like and use it to do whatever you wish, even create a website if you wanted. I could give you submeg.classicamiga.com. Let me know if you would like that and I can set it up for you later today.

Submeg
7th May 2008, 13:26
cheers man that would be excellent...would only be about 50 megs tops

Harrison
7th May 2008, 17:42
OK. I will set it up for you and PM you the details once it is all working. Should be sometime this evening once the subdomain name has activated.

Buleste
7th May 2008, 17:42
So Subby, Whats your Myspace address? mines here. (http://www.myspace.com/buleste)

Submeg
7th May 2008, 23:24
I just added you...

Graham Humphrey
7th May 2008, 23:38
And - what the heck - I have as well ;)

Buleste
8th May 2008, 10:27
OMG. I'm overcome with emotions. I HAVE FRIENDS!!!!!:)

Harrison
8th May 2008, 10:56
I setup a myspace account a long time ago and never really visited it much since. The idea wasn't so much to create one for myself, but for classicamiga. I will eventually do that, but for now if anyone really wants to visit it you can find it at http://www.myspace.com/classicamiga

Submeg
8th May 2008, 13:47
better do it man! Lol tis been good fun as of late finding people