PDA

View Full Version : Easy ADF PCMCIA A1200

Flusher
4th May 2008, 21:03
Hi guys,

Just would like to pick some of yours brains here as i`m having a problem with a new Easy ADF PCMCIA reader i purchased from amikit. The card itself is a sandisk, i however purchased a CF card from ebay ( Kingston 1GB ). With the ADF kit i received i got a piece of paper with install instructions via floppy or HD, and a disk with drivers for my miggy. I installed the drivers onto the HD and inserted the card. After some more advice from some other good peeps, loaded up the prepcard util from the tools dir. The card reader detected the CF card installed saying correct name and size, however upon clicking the prepare card option it reported back that the card was write protected?!? . I formatted the card in the pc with another CF reader to FAT16 and tried again, stilll no joy so formatted again to make sure the card is not faulty this time using fat32. But still the problem exists?!? Anyone have any clues? Cheers guys

Teho
4th May 2008, 21:53
I know you can read/write protect files and directories in amigados by setting certain flags on them, I don't think you can do the same for entire volumes. But if you can, it could perhaps be that such a flag has been set for the card? The command is protect [target] w to set a write protect flag, and using it again on an allready protected item will remove it. Long shot, but it's all I can think of trying. It probably doesn't work on volumes anyhow.

Buleste
4th May 2008, 22:49
Is the card locked?? To check look at the card and see what position the tab is on the side. If you look at the card with the copper contacts facing away the slide is to the right. Make sire the slide is forward. Other than that i have no clue.

http://www.abload.de/img/locked-cardp59.jpg
This is a picture of a locked card

Flusher
4th May 2008, 23:18
Thanks for the reply Buleste, however the card is a compact flash, the one in the picture is a SD. I tried the protect suggestion also, but i get a system request to please insert a volume into CD0: as the disk is not formatted in FFS. I`m going to buy a San Disk CF card tomorrow and see if this cures the problem?!? Maybe Kingston isnt compatible with the rest of the hardware?!

Does anyone know of a utility that can format drives etc to a amiga FFS on the Peecee? I think this would be a way round the problem!

Tiago
5th May 2008, 13:11
Flusher,
i bought a easy adf last year, and works fine. But i think i read somewere that the most compatible card is Scandisk, kingston is reported to have some problems with the pcmcia card, but i'am not sure. But Scandisk works fine. I use the same scandisk i use to my digital camera, and i dont need to format it, i use both for photos and amiga adfs, all in the same card, with no problem.

Flusher
5th May 2008, 21:16
Thanks Tiago,

under your advice i have just purchased a Sandisk CF card. I also ordered a null modem cable to use with amiga explorer thanks to other advice from another member here;) Will post the results to let peeps know how it goes.. Thanks again m8