PDA

View Full Version : TFX040

Buleste
4th May 2008, 17:10
I've just reinstalled this for the first time in ages and was wondering if anyone has actually managed to get the 040 version working?

Harrison
5th May 2008, 17:44
TFX? As in Tactical Fighter Experiment?

The Cu Amiga CD Coverdisk release of this game was only 95% complete as it was a release of the game that was canned just before completion in 1995 and Cu Amiga secured the rights to eventually release it. This means that the game has quite a few bugs still in it.

Luckily, after the Cu Amiga cover CD release of the game and the subsequent reports of bugs from players, the lead Amiga coder Charlie Wallace released some updated beta versions of the game's executables. These include an updated version of the FPU executable for 020/030 machines, and a new one for 040 machines.

It was reported that the original 040 version wouldn't run on a lot of 040 Amigas. So give this new version a try and see if that fixes the problem.

You can now download it from the classicamiga entry as I've added the downloads to the site now. The entry is found at http://www.classicamiga.com/content/view/3383/96/

Buleste
6th May 2008, 10:34
moocho grassy arse. I'll give those a try.

Buleste
6th May 2008, 13:08
I've just tried those updates and can get none of them to work. They all cause crashes apart from the 020 version wich loads up with sound but no graphics.

Buleste
6th May 2008, 20:28
Just been looking through some old CU Amigas and it looks like CPU settings are the cause. To get it to run you need to use the system prefs in MCP or use Oxypatcher. Unfortunatly MCP would screw up a lot of other software for me and i haven't got Oxypatcher so i'll just have to make do with the FPU version and hope it doesn't crash too often.