PDA

View Full Version : First player review for GTA4

v85rawdeal
25th April 2008, 19:07
may I just say that this is gonna be a very in-depth review, covering all the aspects of the game as I progress.

*Eagerly tears off wrapper*

Puts game in PS3, presses play (well, you know what I mean)

*SPOILER SPACE*

At first glance this game is... uh... gotta go, suffering withdrawal symptoms!!! ;)

GENUINE Review coming very soon!!!

Demon Cleaner
25th April 2008, 19:10
Is it already out?

v85rawdeal
25th April 2008, 19:22
Due out on Tuesdya, but my pre-order is express delivery which means I should get it tomorrow or Monday (YAY!!!)

Sharingan
28th April 2008, 14:57
Just one more day, and the clubbing-to-death-of-elderly-people-with-baseball-bats can commence!

Buleste
28th April 2008, 15:06
Just one more day, and the clubbing-to-death-of-elderly-people-with-baseball-bats can commence!

And they say gaming has a negative impact on people.:lol:

Harrison
28th April 2008, 15:34
It keeps those with illegal intent indoors! Therefore it is good! If we didn't have GTA4 then think of all the muggings, murders, raps and illegal sex people would be committing! Therefore the developers should be commended! ;)

J T
28th April 2008, 22:06
It keeps those with illegal intent indoors! Therefore it is good! If we didn't have GTA4 then think of all the muggings, murders, raps and illegal sex people would be committing! Therefore the developers should be commended! ;)

God-damn Sugar Hill Gang and their crazy vocal flows.

Also, I'm wishing I had preordered GTA4, but I will have a look around and see if I can get it. Supermarkets are likely to be a good bet.

Submeg
28th April 2008, 22:40
Yep I have heard its full of crazines...will be getting it soon :)

Harrison
28th April 2008, 23:50

God-damn Sugar Hill Gang and their crazy vocal flows.

God damn it! One little typo and... :lol:

Actually... if it keeps rap music out of my listening range then it is even better than I had wished!

Submeg
29th April 2008, 03:03
JUST BOUGHT IT!!!! :w00tdance::w00tdance:

Demon Cleaner
29th April 2008, 05:30
Which version should I get, PS3 or 360, I heard both had slightly different content, but I don't know what exactly?

J T
29th April 2008, 09:52
I GOT A COPY!

It was easy, just popped into the game shop this morning and voila! I don't know why people were stressing so much. But then, I still can't get a copy of mariokart for the wii :(

Which version should I get, PS3 or 360, I heard both had slightly different content, but I don't know what exactly?

I hear the 360 version is better - but there are so many people interested in furthering the 'console wars' it may not be so easy to tell until people you trust have had a go to compare. I have no PS3 so can't offer that view, and you probably might not want to hear my glib flippancy anyway :p.

I'm looking forward to multiplayer with the guys over at BEEX (http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com). I guess a lot of it depends on which console you have the most friends - multiplayer with people you 'know' is a whole lot better than with randoms.

Did you ever get the 360 friend request I sent you DC? I think you're still showing up as pending (it's no worry if you don't want to accept, just say so that I can clear it off the list).

Submeg
29th April 2008, 09:59
Now if I can't pick up hoes this time....:flip: lol

Sharingan
29th April 2008, 10:19

According to most reviews so far, the PS3 version is 'technically' better, as it has less pop-in, faster load times, better anti-aliasing, a cleaner look and slightly better framerate.

M$, however, has secured the rights to some exclusive downloadable content. It remains to be seen whether this is temporary or not, though.

So, basically, it's a matter of what you consider more important, I suppose.

Demon Cleaner
29th April 2008, 10:19
Did you ever get the 360 friend request I sent you DC? I think you're still showing up as pending (it's no worry if you don't want to accept, just say so that I can clear it off the list).Oops, that's you?? I told Oz that I have a friend request, but I didn't know it was you, don't know your ID. And I also have to say that the console is almost always switched off.

J T
29th April 2008, 10:27
Oops, that's you?? I told Oz that I have a friend request, but I didn't know it was you, don't know your ID. And I also have to say that the console is almost always switched off.

Ha ha, yes 'Sir Taxalot' is my 360 tag. I'm on there a fair bit, although at the weekend we picked up WiiFit and I played Mario Galaxy for the first time this year and remembered just why I liked it so much. Lots of games, but not enough time....

Demon Cleaner
29th April 2008, 10:32
Next time I'll switch the console on, I will reply to your request and add you to my friends.

Another thing I want to mention about which version to get: Isn't it more meaningful to get games that are released on both consoles, on the PS3, so far they seem to be more reliable, and don't get a RSOD? Any thoughts? No anti Sony now please.

J T
29th April 2008, 10:46
Not having both consoles I can't give opinion from experience but if the games are identical (or practically as near as, which seems to be the case when hyperbole is set aside) I'd go for the one which more contacts have, so I have a greater choice of people to play online with/against.

With my 360 I have to say I'm really not too concerned about the RROD. if it happens it happens, it's covered under warranty and I bought it to use it. That's not to say I want it to happen.... I'd be pissed off if it did.

Harrison
29th April 2008, 11:22
Yep, no point worrying if something might happen. If you were constantly worried that using something might break it then why buy it in the first place? It would be like buying a car and never driving it in case it breaks down.

As for which version to buy. I've been reading that the PS3 version is technically superior and for that reason I would pick that one. As for exclusive content. M$ have always used that term with the Xbox consoles and it has never meant exclusive as in only ever released for that console. They use it to promote content available for the Xbox before any other console. It's very likely the PS3 will see exactly the same content shortly after and probably eventually much more.

One question I have that I haven't read anything about. Thanks to the PS3's much larger storage media have they utilised this at all to include more music? Or is the default selection of tracks the same on both platforms? I understand more tracks will be available for download too.

Submeg
29th April 2008, 11:57
Liking the game, the characters are funny :P stupid idiot cousin...

TiredOfLife
29th April 2008, 17:07
My principals wobbled a bit this morning.
Seen the xbox360 on sale for £160 and almost considered it so I can play the latest GTA.

Will seriously have to consider getting the PS3 now.

J T
1st May 2008, 10:34
My principals wobbled a bit this morning.
Seen the xbox360 on sale for £160 and almost considered it so I can play the latest GTA.

Will seriously have to consider getting the PS3 now.

Don't get the Arcade! You will need a harddrive to get the most out of the 360 (which, incidentally, is a hell of a lot).

Harrison
1st May 2008, 11:14
Definitely get a PS3 over an Xbox 360. The Xbox "exclusives" have all but dried up and the limitations of the system are now starting to be reached in terms of storage size for games. PS3 games are also now starting to show the hardware is more powerful. Plus if you haven't bought into either systems yet you won't have started to collect friends for that online community of either system.

There isn't anything wrong with the 360. It is just going to reach the end of its life before the PS3.

Plus look at the constant feature updates to the PS3.

toomanymikes
1st May 2008, 12:26
I pciked up GTA 4 on Tuesday and all I can say is its great - if you have a 360 or PS3 then pick it up, you wont be dissapointed. I even got laid for the first time in a computer game when I was playing it last night - the best thing was my GF was sitting with me encouraging me to 'try my luck' just to see what happened!

Buleste
1st May 2008, 12:33
:hmmm::no::no::no::no::no::no::no:

Submeg
1st May 2008, 12:49
Yep, the game is sweet. Haven't found a bad thing about it yet....oh actually I have, the stupid angles it picks when you are driving at times get annoying....it zooms in too much

toomanymikes
1st May 2008, 12:56
Yeah, the camera could be better but its a far cry from the almost unplayable earlier versions, especially the on foot combat.

TiredOfLife
2nd May 2008, 12:25
I pciked up GTA 4 on Tuesday and all I can say is its great - if you have a 360 or PS3 then pick it up, you wont be dissapointed. I even got laid for the first time in a computer game when I was playing it last night - the best thing was my GF was sitting with me encouraging me to 'try my luck' just to see what happened!

I think she was trying to encourage you to put down the controller and switch off the machine.:rolleyes:

Harrison
2nd May 2008, 12:29
Yep, as in try your luck with HER! :lol:

Sharingan
2nd May 2008, 13:40
Fook. The game is sold out everywhere. :eyebrow:

As were all the GTAIV PS3 bundles. Looks like this game is not only shifting a lot of copies, it's also shifting a lot of consoles.

Harrison
2nd May 2008, 14:29
That is good to hear. More PS3s sold can only be good news. :)

v85rawdeal
3rd May 2008, 15:28
Grand Theft Auto IV - A Review

I was out when this arrived, so I was somewhat concerned that I would not get it due to the disreputable nature of one or two individuals in the block of flats I live in, and the general uselessness of the postal service in Portsmouth, but, FORTUNATELY, one of the older tenants picked up the parcel and kept it for me.

I can only judge the game based on the version that I got, after all, but I would hope that both versions of the game are identical in every way. I know it won't shut up the fan-boys going on about downloads or ‘jaggies’, but I don't care. I try to make my viewpoint as unbiased as possible. So I will only reveal that I did purchase the SPECIAL EDITION of the game, which may not be the best value for money, but certainly looks good with the hefty metal tin, soundtrack (only in cardboard sleeve though), art book, bag and key fob.

I also intend not to give anything away about some of the more pleasantly surprising additions to the game that relate to the game story itself, beyond the very basics. After all, it’s great fun to discover these as you play rather than being told beforehand. This, I think, is one of the reasons I have not read any other reviews for the game, as I didn’t want anything special to be spoiled for me.

The initial start of the game, for me, was a slow process, due to the amount of data being copied over to the HD (3gb worth). Once that is done the game starts in the traditional GTA style, with a fairly long sequence to cover some of the background to the story. There are plenty of details not covered, but Nico slowly narrates his background as the story progresses. With regard to the story, there IS one noticeable addition that is quite welcome. As the story is, in part, narrated through judicial use of the cell phone, you can turn the phone off, thereby suspending story mode and turning the game into a 'virtual life' simulator. Of course, you could also try phoning up many, many numbers on the phone to see if any work…

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z169/v85rawdeal/DSCF0677.jpg

The first thing that you notice is the graphics, as they are, without a doubt, stunning. Rockstar have certainly surpassed all that has gone before when it comes to the level of detail and manipulation that you have with your environment. From picking up drinks bottles and bricks to knocking over dustbins, everything seems to do something The environment also has another characteristic in that some buildings or surfaces have a tactile effect (in that you can grab and hold on when jumping). I knew that ledges could be grabbed, but was somewhat shocked to find myself able to shimmy along a cliff-face.

There are a few glitches, but most are negligible. I feel that some of these are simply due to the RAGE engine. The glitches matter little when you compare them to the thrill of driving a car into a pile of burning cars at great speed, with Nico getting sent through the windscreen and into the inferno to emerge the other side as a living ball of fire screaming across the firmament as a testament to his piety and godliness. (Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!)

Another aspect of the RAGE software is watching how other pedestrians react to you and other activities. Breaking into a parked car can cause passers-by to do any of a multitude of actions, ranging from standing there with a shocked expression on their face, to trying to stop you, to even jumping into the passenger’s seat and coming along for the ride.

The views are well used, with lots of different views available to view the action depending on the event, although bizarrely there are at least 8 views for when you get a car washed, and only 3 with which to watch a lap-dance. You can even hold down a key to activate cinematic mode when driving, rather than switching to it as a view (which can still be done). And if you get yourself up to some of the higher points on the islands, you can get a seriously good view from the binoculars. Some the high points are accessible by climbing up the longest ladders I have ever seen in a game, and to do it in true style you need to turn up in a black Cadillac wearing a suit and shades.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z169/v85rawdeal/DSCF0684.jpg

The graphics also help with car recognition as the details are greatly improved, as to be expected. Also it is noticeable that motorbikes are fewer than in Vice City or San Andreas, which for a city such as Liberty, does not come as a surprise, as I imagine that, with the exception of scooters, that two-wheeled transport are vehicles only considered by people who carry an organ-donor card, alongside their licence in their wallet.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z169/v85rawdeal/DSCF0686.jpg

Damage is nicely done, with vehicles showing damage to greater effect than ever before, although dropping over 70ft and landing on the roof of a car should do more than just dent the bonnet...

The weather system is also a great effect, with fog and rain and storms and sun all really adding to the atmosphere. Night-time is suitably dark and moody, and the storms are wonderful to watch from a high point, if you can find one suitable enough.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z169/v85rawdeal/DSCF0681.jpg

The sound is the game is also great, although, I still don't think that the soundtrack is anywhere near as being considered a classic, unlike Vice City. With all the additional sound going on though, it is a little hard to really focus on the music, especially when driving rather fast. Emergency Service sirens can be heard from a long way away, and I would hope, that if your console is plugged into a surround sound system, that you will get the full benefits of the Doppler Effect (Mine isn’t, so I can’t judge on that). There are a few tracks that do stand out in the soundtrack, but there does not seem to be the level of introduction that the previous games had, leaving you with a slight frustration as to the songs that are played, although there is a track listing in the back of the book, it would be nice to know the names of some of the more obscure tracks.

The city, at this point, feels like a living, breathing city, with an atmosphere that truly surpasses even the mighty Oblivion, becoming more like an online community. Great fun can be had just doing the slightest little thing to interrupt someone's day. Such as: tripping someone who is jogging; nudging someone off the platform on the L-Train; and sneaking up behind someone having a phone conversation and knocking the phone out of their hand. All of these can cause the police to chase you, triggering a new element of the game.

Rather than running from the police, until you can find a safe place to hide or until your wanted level decreases, the police look for you in a certain area surrounding your last known position, The more stars you gain the larger the search area. (Six stars is HUGE!!!!). The only way to get rid of the stars is to escape from the search area, but if you are spotted then the search area is recentered on your new position. You could, of course, surrender. But, hey, this IS Grand Theft Auto...

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z169/v85rawdeal/DSCF0679.jpg

You could also fight your way out of situations, with melee or firearms. The targeting system is greatly improved, but is a bit fiddly to get used to, with the shoulder buttons having more than one command, depending on how much they are depressed. The cars also seem to have a life of their own, so to speak. This is especially noticeable at the most inopportune moments.

There are also the usual secrets included, but these do seem to be a lot harder to find. And certainly, I can see some people complaining about one of the range of secrets in the game. This is something, I imagine, that none of the reporters who have commented on the game on TV have noticed (which could be a blessing, I guess). But it wouldn’t be a Rockstar game without at least one envelope being pushed to the limit.

However, there are a couple of flaws. In a game this big, it could not have been perfect. First, the missions do feel, at first, to be a bit samey... Of course, this could very well change as you progress, but it could put some people off who were looking for something a little different.

Secondly, this is Liberty City again, for the fourth time (GTA 1, 3, LCS, and now 4). BUT this is Liberty City like you have never seen it before, managing to breathe new life into a city that has seen plenty of action (In Rockstar's defence, this have never stopped moviemakers from re-using a certain famous city: Cloverfield; The Day After Tomorrow; Godzilla; I Am Legend; Ghostbusters 1& 2; Men In Black 1 & 2; Spiderman 1, 2 & 3; every Woody Allen movie).

There is also some serious pop-up problems, which I am certain could have been addressed. Standing by the river, I glanced in one direction and spied a speedboat heading toward my location, I looked the other way and noticed a sailing boat, when I glanced back to the speedboat it had gone, and suddenly the sailing boat was now a speedboat heading in the opposite direction. Surely, with the processing power available, this silly little flaw should NEVER have happened.

The biggest flaw is the fact that the box states it runs in 720p, 1080i and 1080p and yet only runs in 720p. This is not the only game to do so, as Call of Duty 4, and Medal of Honour: Airborne, also make the same claim and yet only run in 720p. I did have high hopes that Rockstar would be able to push the game to the very limits of the consoles (media limitations notwithstanding), but this is something that could be rectified at some point with their next game.

Apparently, however, if you set your settings so that the console set-up is set to only show at the highest resolution, it WILL play in that resolution, but games that don't use that resolution will only play in 576p. So you need to reset the settings set for GTA so that you can play other games. THIS IS NOT GOOD!!!

Actually, the biggest flaw is Ricky Gervais is in it.... but you can turn the TV off if you want.

Overall, it is most definitely the very best game out there, without any competition anywhere near it. It does bode well for the next Midnight Club, because the graphics and speed and controls in the Midnight Club games have always surpassed the GTA games immensely.

My score for the game is certainly not going to be as high as the magazines have rated it, because I know full well that the quality of the GTA games on the new breed of console will get better and to score it too highly would be to do any future games a disservice. It's great! No, it's very great. BUT it's not perfect, and that has to be reflected in the score.

Graphics: 8.5/10 (slight glitches, but certainly a beautiful game to look at. But work still needs to be done on the continuity when it comes to vehicles and surrounding pedestrians)
Sound: 8/10 (The soundtrack just doesn't have the vibrancy or instant appeal of Vice City, but is certainly still a great soundtrack to listen to.)
Playability: 8/10 (very playable, but with the need to do certain missions in order to allow access to various facilities or even basic actions. Come on, Rockstar, we ARE adults, you know, we don't need a wet-nurse anymore.)
Lastability: 10/10 (if you can get past the initial feeling of deja-vu, then you are in for a wild ride, and a very long one at that...)

OVERALL: 8/10 (The very best game released to date, with mini-games that would not look out of place in a top-range game compendium. A living, breathing game with character and charm. But, as we know, the next one will likely be bigger, better and brasher, so to score this any higher would be unfair to the sequels.)

Sharingan
3rd May 2008, 19:52
Nice review :thumbs:

Still doesn't help the fact that I still haven't been able to find a single copy in town, though ... and I've gone through 20 shops already. Sure didn't expect the game to be this popular. Maybe I ought to have placed a pre-order.

v85rawdeal
3rd May 2008, 22:04
I almost ended up with two copies, having both pre-ordered it in Game and also ordered it online.

Have had a quick go on the multiplayer game, and may I just say it should be a lot of fun, once it seems to pick up. And the maps are HUGE!!!!!!!!!!! This game, I personally think, online will run and run and run. I just hope that they are able to patch it so that they can increase the number of players per game, as that would be even better and more crazy!

BUT!!!! And I am very disappointed in this, it does seem to like crashing and freezing a lot. Even on loading, at least on the PS3 thats hooked up it does. MY PS3 isnt net-connected and hasn't froze once...

And, OH MY GOD.... Mick Foley is colour-commentator on SmackDown... We are so not worthy...

Sharingan
4th May 2008, 11:10
There've been widespread reports of frequent game freezes on both the PS3 and 360 versions. Aren't these games supposed to be bug-tested to death?

*puts on the Batman costume*

To the patch-mobile!

Teho
4th May 2008, 13:13
Yes, on some PS3s the game does crash a lot. They say it's an installation issue that can occur. Deleting the gamedata from the HD forcing the game to reinstall has fixed it for many people. It hasn't worked for some though. Fortunately it's never frozen for me, and I've been playing it a lot since tuesday. :)

Submeg
4th May 2008, 13:31
Not frozen once for me....touch wood!

Buleste
4th May 2008, 14:01

You'll go blind if you keep touching it.

Sharingan
4th May 2008, 14:21

You'll go blind if you keep touching it.

Not THAT kind of wood!

Erm ... right, Subby?

Submeg
4th May 2008, 20:40
Exactly! I'm pretty sure we had this convo once before...

toomanymikes
5th May 2008, 12:31
Mine froze on sat night even though I was touching wood all weekend...

Submeg
5th May 2008, 12:40

splinters?

performance anxiety?

maybe just RSI?

;)

So many ways to pay you out on that one...

toomanymikes
5th May 2008, 19:20

splinters?

performance anxiety?

maybe just RSI?

;)

So many ways to pay you out on that one...

he he...:lol:

J T
6th May 2008, 09:36
Installing to HD and crashing? I thought the PS3 was supposed to be better than life itself.....

Still, great game though. I quite like the way the cars handle, and the new combat system makes shootouts a lot better (over the weekend had a fairly large shootout in a warehouse, it worked quite well and was pretty exciting).

Demon Cleaner
6th May 2008, 13:09
I still don't know which version to get, but I read a lot lately about the game freezing on the PS3. Perhaps I should just get it for the 360.

Btw, can someone tell me something about the multiplayer mode? How is it, how does it work, how many different modes does it have?

Demon Cleaner
6th May 2008, 14:11
Ok, Oz just went out, and also went to the store. He bought the 360 version now for me, was only 55€, at least cheaper than Amazon.

J T
6th May 2008, 16:41
TBH I think that whichever version you have, you won't be disappointed. By all reliable accounts the differences are very minimal.

I haven't tried multiplayer much, so I can't really comment. It did seem like fun even if I jumped straight into a game that wasn't properly explained - so i didn't really know what was going on apart from running people over, and being hit myself. I'm really concentrating on the story-mode for now.

Demon Cleaner
7th May 2008, 15:58
In some way I'm a bit disappointed, but this happens perhaps because I didn't play that long, only did 4 missions, but almost smashed a controller because at a certain point, it really pi$$ed me off.

First of all, the minimap deserves its name, I've never seen such a "mini" map. The 4th mission, "Bleed Out" (or something like that), when you have to pursuit Dardan in your car, it's almost impossible to spot him on the radar, which drove me nuts after the 5th time I tried to get him. It's almost impossible to keep track of him, when you already lose him on the map. I constantly had to bring up the menu, go to the map, zoom in, then look where he is, and correct my route.

And how the hell do you drive your car through streets full of traffic, when you have to look on the map simultaneously?? I look at the map for 2 seconds, look back on the street, and *BAM*, hit the front of a truck, again. This happens all the time, but that was already with older GTA releases. How am I supposed to pursuit or hang off someone, when I crash all the time, due to this problem?

Then the camera, very annoying. You enter a car, which is not headed in the right direction. When you accelerate, you have to manually turn the camera with the right analog stick to center your car, or is there a button for that? That also caused a lot of crashes, the camera should center itself immediately after pushing down the gas pedal.

And the cell phone, why does it not pop up like a PDA and pause the game when a message comes in, or when you want to look at it? Why isn't it displayed bigger on the screen? Instead you have to do this manually, and seriously, I have a very good sight, a big TV, but if I had to read the messages on the phone, I have to go closer to the TV. And I already have set the phone to the big font. Otherwise the phone is a nice feature and well done.

The rest is great, but nothing more than a next GTA, why does it get such high scores in reviews, I don't understand. I'm still playing Mass Effect and will also continue playing it whilst GTA will be on the "perhaps next to play" list. The fact is that I didn't play it for longer than 2 hours, and this is my first opinion. I also have to get familiar with the controls first.

v85rawdeal
8th May 2008, 19:51
Soundtrack available here (http://isohunt.com/download/42429648/gta+iv.torrent)

Submeg
8th May 2008, 22:49
In some way I'm a bit disappointed, but this happens perhaps because I didn't play that long, only did 4 missions, but almost smashed a controller because at a certain point, it really pi$$ed me off.

First of all, the minimap deserves its name, I've never seen such a "mini" map. The 4th mission, "Bleed Out" (or something like that), when you have to pursuit Dardan in your car, it's almost impossible to spot him on the radar, which drove me nuts after the 5th time I tried to get him. It's almost impossible to keep track of him, when you already lose him on the map. I constantly had to bring up the menu, go to the map, zoom in, then look where he is, and correct my route.

And how the hell do you drive your car through streets full of traffic, when you have to look on the map simultaneously?? I look at the map for 2 seconds, look back on the street, and *BAM*, hit the front of a truck, again. This happens all the time, but that was already with older GTA releases. How am I supposed to pursuit or hang off someone, when I crash all the time, due to this problem?

Then the camera, very annoying. You enter a car, which is not headed in the right direction. When you accelerate, you have to manually turn the camera with the right analog stick to center your car, or is there a button for that? That also caused a lot of crashes, the camera should center itself immediately after pushing down the gas pedal.

And the cell phone, why does it not pop up like a PDA and pause the game when a message comes in, or when you want to look at it? Why isn't it displayed bigger on the screen? Instead you have to do this manually, and seriously, I have a very good sight, a big TV, but if I had to read the messages on the phone, I have to go closer to the TV. And I already have set the phone to the big font. Otherwise the phone is a nice feature and well done.

The rest is great, but nothing more than a next GTA, why does it get such high scores in reviews, I don't understand. I'm still playing Mass Effect and will also continue playing it whilst GTA will be on the "perhaps next to play" list. The fact is that I didn't play it for longer than 2 hours, and this is my first opinion. I also have to get familiar with the controls first.

All I have to say is yes, the camera angle is bull when you drive, but the rest, it's just simulating life...especially the phone...if you're driving a car, and whip out ur phone, do you expect traffic to stop? and tailing someone....you can only see what's in front of you, so if you had no map, could you do it? I think that was their point.

It's good fun, you just have to let it get to you, that's all.

Harrison
9th May 2008, 00:23
Sounds like they haven't fixed anything from previous versions then. All the GTA games have had these flaws, but have all ended up being really playable because they are such great sandbox environments.

Sharingan
11th May 2008, 10:03
Finally got a copy, and I've got to say I don't entirely disagree with the high scores the game's been given so far.

Sure, it has its share of problems, but what game doesn't?

The small minimap and phone don't bother me that much. But that's maybe because I've gotten used to tiny minimaps in Burnout Paradise.

v85rawdeal
24th May 2008, 21:47
Ahh, but the explosions are good. I just managed a chain of 36 vehicles blowing up from one little accident!!!

Submeg
24th May 2008, 22:54
Sweet! I always get the cops on my ass. If you park it across two lanes at the intersection of the beginning of a freeway....haha mayhem!

Sharingan
25th May 2008, 16:58
So what's your kill count so far?

I've only killed about 350 ... most of them being victims of collateral damage (explosions, stray bullets etc.). I'm actually trying to stay on the good side of the law whenever possible. I dunno ... maybe I'm just not the criminal type!