PDA

View Full Version : Firefox & Profiles?

Demon Cleaner
25th April 2008, 12:42
Is it possible, or are there any add-ons which allow me to use profiles in Firefox? I mean if the browser is used by multiple people, so when Firefox is launched, you chose your profile, enter a password and get to your personal Firefox settings, where you don't need to share bookmarks or online passwords and things like that?

Buleste
25th April 2008, 12:47
try this. (http://lifehacker.com/software/firefox/geek-to-live--manage-multiple-firefox-profiles-231646.php) It might help.

Demon Cleaner
25th April 2008, 13:23
That works fine for me :thumbs:

Unfortunately you can't password protect it, so anyone else can load your profile.

Buleste
25th April 2008, 14:11
Gotta love Google. IF you give "Firefox multiple profiles password protect" a try you might get something more to your requiremenys.

Demon Cleaner
25th April 2008, 15:01
Gotta love Google. IF you give "Firefox multiple profiles password protect" a try you might get something more to your requiremenys.When I enter that I get a lot of replies, but nothing that really answers my question. It does not seem that such a Firefox extension exists, at least this is what I read in several forums.

EDIT: I found an extension called ProfilePassword, which works, but is an unsigned extension. And the protection seems to be very low, which doesn't really matter, as no one here tries to hack my bookmarks ;)

Harrison
25th April 2008, 15:50
An alternative and maybe even easier would be to just setup different Windows XP profiles. That way when each person logs into Windows they have their own desktop, applications and browser settings independent of all other users on the PC and cannot mess up your bookmarks or Windows setup at all.