PDA

View Full Version : More games added to the Arcade

Harrison
17th January 2007, 12:18
I'm starting to add a lot more games to the forum arcade. I hope you all have fun playing them. :)

Puni/Void
17th January 2007, 12:24
Great stuff! Have just tried them out and they seem fun. :) Hope to see some more quality titles being added in the future.

Demon Cleaner
17th January 2007, 12:45
Cool. Are you planning to remove the arcade section from the main site one day?

Harrison
17th January 2007, 12:51
Not sure yet. If no one plays it then I may remove it, but for the moment I will be leaving it.

Submeg
17th January 2007, 20:42
Yea, Seeing as all the updating are stats are so much better on here, I think the Arcade should be in the forum. It looks a lot neater. :thumbs:

Harrison
17th January 2007, 20:51
I agree with that. The forum arcade is a much nicer system than the main site arcade is using. Quite annoying when you consider I had to purchase the main site's arcade component, whereas the vB one is a completely free addon mod! How annoying is that.

Submeg
21st January 2007, 06:04
Yea that's a bit lame :p I guess that would be frustrating!

J T
21st January 2007, 18:56
Shame, but I feel the forum one works better. If only they could be linked so they stored the hi scores in the same place but could be launched from both.

Harrison
21st January 2007, 22:19
Interesting idea JT. Sadly not possible as they use a completely different database structure on two different database servers. Once I have all the games from the main site arcade in the forum arcade I might just link the forum arcade directly from the site link and scrap the main site's arcade itself.

I would then have the main site arcade license that I may be able to use at a later date on another site I might create in the future.

AlexJ
21st January 2007, 23:59
Sucks when you spend money on something and then find a free alternative that's just as good/better. It would be better to have all the games in one place though, and the better place seems to be the forums. It makes sense to have the community aspects such as the arcade on the forums and leave the site dedicated to Amiga related stuff.

Demon Cleaner
22nd January 2007, 05:54
It makes sense to have the community aspects such as the arcade on the forums and leave the site dedicated to Amiga related stuff.Agreed, makes also sense for me. The arcade section is well done on the boards, and the points system makes it more convenient.

J T
22nd January 2007, 09:09
^^^^
Totally agree.

Also, from a purely personal aspect, I swing by the forums before looking at the main site.

Demon Cleaner
22nd January 2007, 09:26
Also, from a purely personal aspect, I swing by the forums before looking at the main site.Yep. Same for me. I visit the boards to see if there's something new, after switching to the main site. Before, when the main site was still worked on every day, I visited more often, but now, as the new forums run fine, and look great, it's just like before again.