PDA

View Full Version : Optimus Maximus

Buleste
23rd April 2008, 10:56
Here (http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/input/9836/?cpg=71H) we have probably the most expensive, blanest, yet utterly cool and incredibly pointless keyboard going. For those requesting the price in real currency thats £800.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Harrison
23rd April 2008, 11:49
It's nice to see that keyboard finally in production.

I saw one of these a couple of years ago at a design conference and it was cool. Very useful for designers and video editors who do have a lot of keyboard shortcuts to remember and use for their applications. Very expensive, but for such uses very good.

Obviously you will also get the dedicated gamers using these too just to try and show off a bit more, adding it to their already pimped systems of glow in the dark water cooled rigs. For them they are just wasting their money as you don't tend to be looking at the keyboard anyway when playing a FPS and it will be wasted on them.

J T
28th April 2008, 22:46
I like the application icon shortcut keys, but I only really need two main keys.

Yes, 'Warez' and 'pr0n'

:ninja:

Puni/Void
2nd May 2008, 16:45
An impressive keyboard, that's for sure. 800£ is a bit steep though.

Harrison
2nd May 2008, 16:52
If I win the lottery you can guarantee I will buy one!

Puni/Void
2nd May 2008, 16:58
If I win the lottery, I'll finally purchase a scandoubler from eBay. ;)

Buleste
2nd May 2008, 19:20
If i win the lottery i'll buy one of every Amiga with a multisynch monitor for each one. A 4000t extra for PPC and OS4 and an AmigaOne. I'll then buy a large house to put them all in and have it as a proper Amiga Museum.

Harrison
3rd May 2008, 00:03
Now that is a great plan Buleste. :thumbs:

But I would go one further. If I had that sort of money I would go the whole hog and collect every system I could get my hands on since the beginning. And a few arcade machines too.

Buleste
3rd May 2008, 11:17
Ah the Amiga museum would only be a start. I would then get Speccys, C64's various MSX's, Amstrads and get someone to rig up flash drives for each of them so i could have easy access to the games but that wouldn't be until the Amiga gets off the ground.