PDA

View Full Version : Saitek Cyborg

Buleste
11th April 2008, 09:52
Is it me or is this (http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/cykey.htm) keyboard both disgustingly ugly yet has a sort of retro chic about it.

Harrison
11th April 2008, 12:28
It definitely has an 80's feel about it, and instantly reminded me of Knight Rider and BattleStar Galactica!

Buleste
11th April 2008, 12:50
With a smattering of Space Invaders. Like i say bloody ugly yet it just has a kind of spark.

Tiago
11th April 2008, 14:41
In 1985 i had a Battlestar Gatatica space gun, a big white gun with leds in both side sjust like those! And it had a switch to choose from 5 possible sounds!!!!

haaaa, just like Starbuck !!

v85rawdeal
12th April 2008, 18:11
My first throught was HAL from 2001

I'm sorry, Dave, I'm afraid I can't allow you to do that

Buleste
12th April 2008, 18:50
My first throught was HAL from 2001

I'm sorry, Dave, I'm afraid I can't allow you to do that

Bow that would be a bitch. You're in the middle of trying to blow the crap out of Submeg and all you get is "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid i can't allow you to do that". I'd force the thing through the fibre optics accross the signal through space, through the front of Submegs screen and hit him round the head with the keyboard.

TiredOfLife
14th April 2008, 16:46
Buck Rogers is missing a keyboard I would say from his starfighter.

Just thinking either him or Starbuck when I remembered this (Nicked from Wiki)-

The production used recycled props, effects shots and costumes from Larson's previous sci-fi series Battlestar Galactica (1978). For example, the control sticks used in the Terran starfighters in the pilot/movie were the same as those used in Battlestar Galactica's Viper craft. The Terran starfighters were also concept designer Ralph McQuarrie's original vision of the Colonial Vipers. The same props were later used in the opening credits of the TV Show, Out of this World.

J T
14th April 2008, 20:58
The only was to make that even more 80s is to have a long handle on one corner and a shoulder strap, like those yamaha keyboards in the pop videos.

Harrison
14th April 2008, 21:12
Have you looked at the other items in their Cyborg range? The Cyborg mouse is even more BSG than the keyboard! And you have to look at the Cyborg Command Unit. It looks like it has been lifted directly from Kitt or a Viper instrument panel. :)

v85rawdeal
15th April 2008, 17:33
both disgustingly ugly yet has a sort of retro chic about it.

That's me, that is...

Buleste
15th April 2008, 19:08
There is nothing Chic about you!!! La freak maybe.