PDA

View Full Version : Aminet

Buleste
9th April 2008, 15:18
Is it just me or is Aminet getting very ropey these days. Seem to be getting a lot of errors these days. I hope it's not a sign of the end.

Harrison
9th April 2008, 15:41
That wouldn't be good to lose such a valuable resource. Maybe it is time i do a complete Aminet ftp update again so I have my own complete backup of their server. That way if it does go down I will be able to provide an ftp version of their current software.

TiredOfLife
9th April 2008, 16:18
I haven't noticed any errors.

What have you experienced?

Buleste
9th April 2008, 16:25
Quite a few http 500 errors, pages dissappearing and reappearing along with files. I would have normally put it down to problems with my internet but as other more resource hogging pages and everything else is working fine.

TiredOfLife
9th April 2008, 16:31
What are you using browser and ISP wise?

Buleste
9th April 2008, 16:41
Doesn't matter which browser i use. At the moment it's showing that there have been no uploads in the past 14 days uner IE7 and Firefox whereas 30 mins ago there was quite alot. As for ISP i use BT but as eveything else is fine that shouldn't matter as it's only aminet i'm having problems with.

TiredOfLife
9th April 2008, 16:44
Just checked now.
You are right, there is nothing showing for the last 14 days, which is nonsense.:huh2:

Buleste
9th April 2008, 16:52
Like I say intermitent problems with Aminet. It may be they are just having technical difficulties at the moment but as an Amiga owner i am naturally a pesemist.

TiredOfLife
9th April 2008, 16:53
They have fairly recently upgraded their servers, so I wouldn't be too worried.
Can't see them doing that if they had lost interest.

Harrison
9th April 2008, 17:16
I just looked as well and there isn't currently any way to access the archive. Clicking on browse returns a blank page, and even searching for something like "adf" returns 0 matches! :( Looks like the server is currently missing all its files!

Buleste
9th April 2008, 17:19
Told you so!!!!:tease:

Harrison
9th April 2008, 17:29
However the Aminet ftp is still working fine and all files are present and correct.

If you haven't accessed it via ftp before just point your ftp client at ftp.aminet.net with anonymous login and you can browser and access the files.