PDA

View Full Version : Vistron

Harrison
1st April 2008, 12:10
Has anyone heard of Vistron? Or maybe even own a TV made by them?

Ebuyer currently have the whole range of Vistron LCD TVs discounted and they all seem to have some pretty good features for the price. A 22" for £199.99 is HD ready with built in freeview. Or a 15" for the bedroom has freeview and a DVD player built in for only £129.99.

Here is the link: http://www.ebuyer.com/special/1552?eblt=main_banner2

v85rawdeal
1st April 2008, 14:29
Hmmmm, they look somwhat similar to Samsung and Toshiba TVs in design.....

I wonder...

Ponders the implications!!!

Demon Cleaner
2nd April 2008, 05:00
I tend to never trust brands I haven't heard the name of. I should just check some reviews.

Buleste
2nd April 2008, 08:15
Sounds like a generic brand and whilst they are never the greatest quality they tend to be a bit Ronseal and also can last longer thanm Stonehenge. So as long as you are not a labels person i say go for it.

AlexJ
2nd April 2008, 11:30
With most of the brandless TV's, the actual panels are made by major manufacturers using their last generation technology (~6 month old technology). I've got a no-name LCD TV but the panel itself is made by Phillips-LG (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LG.Philips_LCD).

eroom
2nd April 2008, 15:22
I've got a 32"HD Vistron and am very happy with it.
I was the same when looking at them, had not heard of the name before but after reading the reviews on ebuyer decided to go for it and am pleased i did.

Paul.

Harrison
4th June 2008, 13:58
eBuyer have now reduced the 32" Vistron HD TV down to just £289.98 including free delivery. And so far it has received 216 positive reviews on the site saying it is a really good TV.

Someone also stated that the screen is actually from Samsung and the digital tuner from Philips. Two makes you definitely can't complain about. So at this price it is quite a bargain. I'm now seriously considering buying one.

Castelle
7th June 2008, 23:38
Come on guys,

Isn't it obvious? The brands that you're not familiar with are mostly (if not all) Chinese !! Its just another attempt of the Chinese government by flogging their products to the west - we make their economy stronger - all a case of economics friends :)