PDA

View Full Version : Old magazines that just take up room

Ghost
24th March 2008, 22:30
Hello,

As some of you know I have only been living on my own for the last two years, not all my stuff is here yet and I unfortunate do not have place for all.

Some of the things that still are at the old place where I stayed are piles and piles of old computer and video game magazines which I used to read for a long time; this was way before big internet sites took their place.

While I read a couple of Dutch magazines my favorites were always the British ones which had far more news bits, details and of course humour (not all humour in Dutch magazines is funny), and I followed several of the old Emap (I think the publishers was called that) magazines such as: CVG, Mean Machines Sega, Nintendo Magazine System (or something like that), Megatech and occasionally some others but they were never as good as the ones I just mentioned.

But as I said, there is no longer any space for them so a lot have to go, I plan to keep a pile of the CVG magazines (to many good memories) but the rest of them will probably end up in recycling.

Well what I was curious about was if there would still be people interested in these things, I don't plan to sell them, I just want to get rid of them.

Buleste
25th March 2008, 09:28
Ther are still alot of people out there who collect old mags like C+VG. If you lived in britain i's have recommeded you go on ebay and sell them as a biulk lot but as you live in Belgium i don't know as the postage would be high.

Harrison
25th March 2008, 11:02
If you have lots of Sega and Nintendo based magazines then I recommend you get in contact with Phillyman from http://www.retromags.com

His site is dedicated to scanning and archiving magazines and so far he has been concentrating mostly on Nintendo magazines, but has the goal of expanding into more systems.

Obviously, if you have any Amiga magazines please let me know as I will be interested in them if I don't already have them.

Failing that, place an advert on Amibay.net. If you don't want any money for them, and only wish anyone interested to pay the postage then we have a special area on Amibay called the Recycle Bin where you can offer items for free, but can ask for postage to be paid. You will need to ask me for access to the Recycle Bin once you are a member of Amibay if you wished to do this.

v85rawdeal
26th March 2008, 13:06
Which reminds me, I still have my collection of Zeros and others for any interested party....

J T
26th March 2008, 13:22
Hello,

As some of you know I have only been living on my own for the last two years,

... Dutch magazines ...

Well what I was curious about was if there would still be people interested in these things, I don't plan to sell them, I just want to get rid of them.

No thanks, what with the pages probably all stuck together. Think I'll pass :oldtimer:

Ghost
26th March 2008, 23:58
Actually I took quite good care of most of them, still the wear and tear of the years have settled in but they are long not as ruined as you might think they are.
Unfortunate some got ruined by water from the heater's tank.

Harrison
27th March 2008, 00:12
The forum observes JT's joke flying quite some way over Ghost's head! ;)

Ghost
27th March 2008, 00:50
No I get what he means, but I am just being clear about the conditions of the magazines

BTW, all Amiga magazines I possessed was one Amiga Power and one The One (I think it was called that)

v85rawdeal
27th March 2008, 12:23

...And leaving a nasty stain on the wall, just above the bathroom mirror!

Buleste
27th March 2008, 12:29

Thats why you should use socks.

v85rawdeal
27th March 2008, 12:34

Thats why you should use socks.

But it doesn't look right, a sock sticking to the wall above the bathroom mirror!

Buleste
27th March 2008, 12:39
It must be near the end of the month. Someones trying to get some POTM nominations again.;)

J T
27th March 2008, 14:09
But it doesn't look right, a sock sticking to the wall above the bathroom mirror!

The voice of bitter experience, right there.

TiredOfLife
28th March 2008, 13:59
It must be near the end of the month. Someones trying to get some POTM nominations again.;)

@JT

And also there.