PDA

View Full Version : BitGamer

Harrison
16th January 2007, 00:57
Can anyone access http://bitgamer.com ?

It has been down for the past day or so when I've tried to access it. Underground gamer is still up and running though and some members are also saying they cannot access it either. Lets hope it's all ok.

The most valuable part of bitgamer has to be it's weekly update NDS scene release torrent.

Teho
16th January 2007, 04:50
I couldn't access it all day yesterday either. I just wanted to log in there to keep my account active as I haven't been to that place for a while. Tried several times yesterday, but no response from it. Hope it's ok.

J T
16th January 2007, 09:43
Erk, luckily I golt the latest NDS set just before the weekend. Hope it is still there, but if it isn't there are alternatives....

Demon Cleaner
16th January 2007, 12:05
Cannot access it right now.

J T
29th July 2007, 18:54
Anyone able to access Bitgamer today? All my DLs from there are sitting at 0 and I can't get on the site. I'm suspecting the server is down or something (but I was sailing a bit close to the wind in terms of my ratio).

Teho
29th July 2007, 19:08
No. I haven't been able to access neither the site or the tracker since friday. It's not the first time it's been down for days lately either.

Demon Cleaner
29th July 2007, 22:28
Works fine now.

We're back up and running! Apparently, our host had some unexpected problems with the datacenter we are located in. The unexpected interruption of service caused a few problems on our end, but everything should be good and well now.

Hang in there for news on our new blazing fast server and new host!

Harrison
30th July 2007, 15:39
Bit Gamer was down a lot of last week for me. They keep having a lot of problems, and I expect it is due to the nature of their torrents. Unlike UG which mainly has smaller older system collections, BG has some quite huge torrents and trackers can easily become overloaded by such large torrent files. Pleasuredome had similar problems recently too, where the current MAME extras set had so many files in the set that the tracker crashed! They have since fixed that problem though.

J T
30th July 2007, 16:28
Nice, cheers.

Curse my temper and lack of patience.... the DS romset had a name-system change. I spent a while faffing about with torrentzip and clrmamepro and the dat file to rename them all but gave up - backed the old set up to external HDD and just set out to DL the whole (newly renamed and updated) torrent again. Bit wasteful (ho ho, geddit?) but it's all included in the monthly ISP fee.

J T
17th September 2007, 20:18
I was having a PM discussion with Toomanymikes about bitgamer, and it's on the blink again.

Anyone else managed to get in there recently?

Sharingan
17th September 2007, 20:47
Just gave it a try, no luck.

Demon Cleaner
18th September 2007, 04:52
I have an account there, but barely use it. I only downloaded something and seeded a bit to have a ratio above 1.0, for not being removed after a certain amount of time.

Harrison
18th September 2007, 07:43
I've also had an account on there since before it was officially launched (invited by the Underground gamer staff who set it up), but I've never downloaded much from it. I also just seeded some stuff on there to get a ratio above 1.0 so my account would stay open.

The Bitgamer server has been very flaky in the past few months and I just tried it now and the server cannot be found. I think that maybe due to the size of the torrents they are making their tracker handle it could be crashing their server regularly, but I don't know that for sure.

I will ask some about on Underground Gamer and see if anyone knows what's up with it.

Harrison
18th September 2007, 07:46
OK, it's an issue with their DNS server losing the domain name. You can get to bitgamer directly at the moment using http://85.17.177.193/

toomanymikes
18th September 2007, 12:53
I tried to register using this IP address as an entry to the site but it just keeps telling me I have entered the wrong security code. Its probably going to do this untill they have fixed their server problems so im just going to have to wait...:(

Harrison
18th September 2007, 13:15
Some further information. They recently moved the site to a new server, so the DNS servers haven't caught up with it yet, which is the current problem. But it does seem to be taking a long time to do that, which leads me to think they haven't set up their DNS entries correctly. When ever I've moved a site the DNS servers take two days at the most to work properly again, and the site can usually be found using the domain within a few hours of the move from most locations. Very odd.

J T
19th September 2007, 11:49
I was trying to get on there using the IP address at the weekend, but unfortunately as it's changed firefox doesn't remember my password, and I forgot it too. I managed to get the 'reset password' email, but then it goes no further. I will have to sit it out for quite a while, or try harder to remember my password. Or maybe make a new account I suppose :(

Harrison
19th September 2007, 11:56
It is a nightmare when you forget your password on sites. I forgot many of mine for sites after I reinstalled my OS recently and had to use the password reset or recovery feature on sites to get back in. I was taking the saved login details of the browser and cookies for granted too much.

I've now started writing the login details down in a notebook so it doesn't happen again.

Sharingan
19th September 2007, 14:18
Heh heh. I feel your pain 'bout the forgotten passwords and login-IDs. Can't count the amount of login details I've forgotten over the years after wiping my Cookies clean.

I have an encrypted file with passwords stashed away somewhere on my PC for cases like that. One password is easier to remember than 50, after all. Woe is me when someone manages to crack the encrypted file, though :thumbs:

Harrison
21st September 2007, 14:52
Update from KrazyA1pha regarding bitgamer.com domain not working.

I did all of the proper updating (I know for sure ns7.leaseweb.net is pointed correctly), so the error must be in BIND on the local server. I'll mess with it some more and see if we can get this working. Like you guys, I'm sick and tired of waiting!

EDIT: I sent an email to the host about the problems we're having, so we'll see if they can help sort out the issue. They were great in helping me get cPanel working correctly, so cross your fingers!