PDA

View Full Version : Which Amiga game(s) are you currently playing?

Puni/Void
9th March 2008, 13:46
Which Amiga game(s) are you currently playing?

As for myself, I've started playing Future Wars, then legendary adventure game. I've never completed it before, so now I thought it was about time that I gave it a shot.

Graham Humphrey
9th March 2008, 13:54
I'm currently playing (almost exclusively) the PD games Jump 'n' Roll and Delxue Pacman, for the EAB/Lemon Amiga Super League ;)

Tiago
10th March 2008, 16:33
I am playing 1 level a week of lemmings in Real A1200....

Harrison
10th March 2008, 17:02
Well... I've mostly been playing games to make screenshots for the site, and this has led to me getting hooked on an early Amiga game called Mission Elevator (http://www.classicamiga.com/content/view/2924/96/) that I hadn't heard of before this. If you haven't tried it have a look. It's great fun.

Zetr0
10th March 2008, 20:52
I spent 20 minutes today playing Chaos Engine AGA :)

i was testing out my 2.8Ghz P4 Modded SX270 office boxe :D (this now makes.... err... maybe 6 pcs in my office.... :shhh: dont tell wifie)

TiredOfLife
11th March 2008, 12:37
Just started playing Battle for Wesnoth and ChangeIT.(Amiga Bejeweled clone)

http://wesnoth.org/

Harrison
11th March 2008, 12:40
I downloaded the Battle of Wesnoth client a while back, but never installed or tried it out. Is it worth playing?

TiredOfLife
11th March 2008, 13:13
Seems pretty good so far.

Buleste
13th March 2008, 11:01
Currently practising world domination on Settlers

Phantom
24th May 2011, 22:25
Just finished Ruff 'n' Tumble yesterday. Great platform with great graphics and animation, not to mention the great tunes too. Tough in the 2-3 last levels though. Arghhhh....

Harrison
25th May 2011, 00:45
Ruff 'n' Tumble was definitely a great game. :)

SamuraiCrow
25th May 2011, 16:21
Total Chaos AGA (http://aminet.net/package/game/strat/TotalChaosAGAr6) is one of my all time favorites for the Amiga even if it does require 24 megs of fast RAM and an '030+. I'm kind of biased because I know the guy that wrote most of it. It runs a bit slow on UAE though since the program is too big to fit in the JIT cache. It's giftware so if you have something that is worth a registerred version, just email James Conwell about it at the email listed on the Aminet info page.

It doesn't seem to be listed on your database and I couldn't find a way to add it.

Menace
26th May 2011, 11:57
Carrier Command,defeated the enemy carrier around 45mins into the game and now i have the wonderfull boring task of taking all the remaining islands on my own :unsure:

SamuraiCrow
26th May 2011, 14:52
@Menace

How do you defeat a carrier that plows across land? The computer cheats so much in that game that I quit playing it!

Menace
24th September 2011, 17:17
@Menace

How do you defeat a carrier that plows across land? The computer cheats so much in that game that I quit playing it!

It certainly appears that way especially when the carrier is not being drawn on screen it gets upto all sortsof tricks but when you know its attacking a near-by island there is a normal logic to its behavior,when you leave your current island it will attack it behind you as you leave,when you U-turn it and be on the correct side of the island you would expect as it arrives from the previous one.
By then i drive my carrier slowly towards his side and launch a wulrus in his direction,i have my mantas loaded with missiles and you just let rip on him with them,launching rockets at his rear (engine) and then ram,as your put your manta on course to ram Kamikaze style switch to the next manta (already on launch lift) and repeat...i actually killed him with the Wulrus though as he slowly tried to move away i shot him with remote controll missiles and he exploded into hundreds of polygons lol

Anyway having fun with IK+ and Nubulus at the moment

Harrison
26th September 2011, 15:48
Having started playing around with the Android Amiga emulators I've having some fun with quite a few Amiga games again at the moment. Was playing some SWIV earlier. Great fun.

Phantom
26th September 2011, 16:18
I bought a sealed copy of Legends of Valour - Book One.

It seems that I've returned to RPG again. RPG's are great for the cold winter nights. :)

Puni/Void
26th September 2011, 18:51
I bought a sealed copy of Legends of Valour - Book One.

It seems that I've returned to RPG again. RPG's are great for the cold winter nights. :)

Congratulations on purchasing Legends of Valour! I agree with you, RPG's are excellent games for the winter. Adventuregames are well suited as well. :)

Demon Cleaner
27th September 2011, 09:04
I was playing Projectyle some days ago again, really love that game.

Harrison
27th September 2011, 12:57
I've not played Projectyle in years. Will have to fire it up later. :)

Ghost
29th November 2011, 09:58
I have been playing Second Samurai, Desert Strike, and The Settlers again.

As I really have been enjoying Second Samurai I should look into getting the AGA version of the game for my collection.
I wonder if I also should get the Sega Megadrive version which differs in graphics and gameplay here and there.

This probably will sound like blasphemy to some but I have also been playing Chuck Rock 1 and 2, but I find the version on the Sega emulator far smoother and better playing, especially 1.

Harrison
29th November 2011, 13:56
Wasn't Chuck Rock originally developed for the Megadrive and then ported over to the Amiga? Side-scrolling platformers were often a bit better on the Sega hardware because that was one of the things it was designed to do well, and it could handle scrolling really nicely.

I must admit I've never really played many games on a real Megadrive. Played a fair few I always wanted to try via emulation though. Especially love some of the Sega RPGs.

Ghost
29th November 2011, 20:13
Actually I really think the Amiga version of Chuck Rock was first as it also come with an intro that was missing in the Megadrive version.
But I am going to look into this as it got my curiosity.

It indeed scrolls better, is more colorful, no slow gameplay, but I do think some things were not completely transferred.

Hmm Sega Megadrive RPGs, don't recall many of them.
There is of course the well known Phantasy Star series, Shining series, the more Zelda esque Soleil.
Personally I think the SNES did better when it came to console RPGs.

Harrison
30th November 2011, 00:05
Definitely, the SNES ended up being the best 16-bit system for RPGs by a long way. Sadly most of them were never released in Europe, but I've since played a fair few of them via emulation. And many of the Japanese RPGs we now know and love originated on the SNES. For me the SNES remains my favourite 16-bit console.

As for RPGs on the Megadrive, Shining Force series were definitely some of the best, followed by Phantasy Star series. Lunar games were also nice, as they were Mega CD releases, although the Saturn and Playstation updated remakes of both games were better and more worth collecting (I've got both for the PSX).

What else... Landstalkers, Shadowrun, Sword of Vermillion, Exile, D&D: Warriors of the Eternal Sun, Might and Magic, Fatal Labyrinth, Sorcerer's Kingdom, Rings of Power, Light Crusade, Super Hydlide, Dungeon Explorer, Begger Prince, Ys III... list goes on.

Menace
5th March 2012, 13:25
Mercenary,Carrier Command,Nebulus and Backlash.
Only ever played Damocles back in the day so i have been looking forward to Mercenary.;)

Harrison
5th March 2012, 15:08
I used to love Nebulus. Will have to load that up soon. :)

Menace
31st March 2012, 21:56
Stunt car racer,i have not played this for a while and it shows as i am simply putting the pedal to the metal and flying of the tracks :lol:

http://www.jammajup.co.uk/pollsgifs/amigasmall/stunt-car-racer.gif

Bloodwych
1st April 2012, 07:40
Started working my way through Black Crypt again recently - got bored of Skyrim. Never actually finished Black Crypt, got stuck somewhere and I'm interested if it will happen to me again. It's fun working your way through an RPG you haven't played in decades - I'm surprised how much I remember!

Harrison
1st April 2012, 12:42
You got bored of Skyrim too? I started playing it, but after a few hours got bored and haven't played it again yet. Graphics look amazing, but it was a little to much the same as Oblivion for me to really get into it. I probably will play right through it later on though.

Talking of retro RPGs, I keep meaning to give Dungeon Master a play through again. Loved that game on the ST. Although for me Eye of the Beholder was the one that I really enjoyed the most. The second one especially. Must give them all a go soon.

Stephen Coates
1st April 2012, 18:19
I still like to see how far I can get in Superfrog.

There was a modern game which someone pointed me to which I think was for AGA Amigas, but I didn't transfer it to my amiga due to lack of suitable hardware for transferring data, and I forgot the name of the game :(. Should be on my other PC though so I will find it when I get the PC up and running again.

Harrison
2nd April 2012, 01:05
Super Frog is definitely one of the best Platformers for the Amiga. I remember when it came out being hooked and playing it right through in a week. Amazing game with some great level design. You can definitely see a lot of Nintendo influences in it. Especially the levels with the bouncing around on the sprung buffers, and the levels with the swinging spiked balls reminded me a lot of a few different games. It also had really polished graphics.

Menace
2nd July 2012, 15:42
I think i need to play Dungeon Master again as i remember basically saving in a bad place back in the day when my characters were weak and starving to death so this time i am going to be more careful where and when i save.

Harrison
3rd July 2012, 00:37
I'm trying to think if I ever actually completed Dungeon Master. I remember exploring and completing all levels of the Dungeon, but finding the final battle quite hard work, and I can't remember if I won or not. I expect I did as I don't normally play a game to that extent and the quit right at the end.

I do also remember playing around with the PD released DM level editor. That was really cool as you could access the top down level maps and edit the level blocks to alter everything you wanted. Great fun.

rkauer
5th July 2012, 05:12
Total Chaos AGA, some Cannon Fodder (new campaign) and lots of Thomas the Tank Engine games (my 5 years son choice*), plus Agony (his choice, too).

*He is a fan of Thomas, the tank engine. Guess what we did for his anniversary last Sunday? Will post a picture (he is using a red shirt)...

Harrison
5th July 2012, 11:02
That looks great. My 8 week old Son is called Thomas so he has already got a Thomas the Tank Engine outfit and hat. :)

Ghost
11th July 2012, 22:49
Ah, I see a lifetime of ridicule ahead for him :p
He is not going to be happy that you named him after a train Harrison.

Anyway I have been playing the Chaos Engine again.
I know many regarding it as an Amiga classic and I am probably going to ruffle some people's feathers here (I think that is the expression) but to be honest, I find it rather boring now.

Perhaps I have enjoyed it more in the past just as I did with games like Alien Breed but when I play it now again I can't help loosing interest pretty quickly.

Rather a shame as I am still thinking of getting it for my Amiga games collection one day.