PDA

View Full Version : Humour Health and Safety gone mad!!!!!

Buleste
4th March 2008, 19:33
Just found this little news article.

Padded lampposts are being trialled in a London street to protect inattentive pedestrians.

A pilot scheme has been launched in Brick Lane after it was found to have the highest number of 'walking and texting' injuries in the country.

A study carried out by 118 118 found one in ten people has hurt themselves while focused on their mobile phone screen.

The charity Living Streets is so concerned that it has teamed up with the directory enquiries service to test a scheme to wrap up the nation's lampposts.

A poll will be carried out on Brick Lane to gauge the response of locals.

If successful, the concept will be rolled out in Birmingham, Manchester, and Liverpool.

Personally i think if you are so stupid as to blot the world out whilst you're messing about with your mobile then you deserve a bit of concussion. In fact they need to make lampposts with very sharp edges to teach them a lesson.

Stephen Coates
4th March 2008, 19:40
I heard that on the radio earlier.

People should no better than to not look where they are going.

Harrison
4th March 2008, 19:45
Why can't people stop walking while they read a text? There are too many idiots in this world! Not just those having accidents while texting, but also those concerned over it. If they are dumb enough to walk into something then they get all they deserve.

Buleste
4th March 2008, 19:50
In fact we need Text Police who go round with a big mallet hitting people who have a dangerous text life. Why can't people practise safe text?

Harrison
4th March 2008, 20:14
There we have it. A new advertising campaign is all the is needed. Launched though TV, press and poster.

Texturally transmitted accidents are on the increase.
Protect yourself!
Practice Safe Text!
Think! Don't walk and text!

TiredOfLife
13th March 2008, 16:33
Natural selection should be allowed to take it's course.
Should have razor blades all over the lamp posts, especially at the height of the average neck.

Buleste
14th March 2008, 11:08
Either that or electrify an area between 4 and 7 foot. Frying tonight!!!!!!!!

Harrison
14th March 2008, 12:40
Or one that i prefer more is open season on the mentally challenged. Force everyone in the country to have an IQ test, and all with an IQ less than is deemed "safe" has their actual IQ tattooed on their forehead! This leaves the rest of us safe in the knowledge that we can easily avoid them by quickly making a snap judgement based on the number they display. We could get away with this by telling them that the numbers are in fact a rating system, with the higher the number meaning they are more popular. I'm sure they would buy it! ;)

Either that, or those failing the tests mysteriously disappear while "leaving" the IQ testing centres! :nogood:

Buleste
14th March 2008, 13:04
Either that, or those failing the tests mysteriously disappear while "leaving" the IQ testing centres! :nogood:

What? Deport them back to America?

Harrison
14th March 2008, 15:36
American? I didn't know India and Poland were part of the USA! ;)

Buleste
14th March 2008, 15:46
Sorry i thought it was in the constitution of America that you had to have a low I.Q. to be a citizen. Besides most of the Poles (people from poland not sticky uppy things) and Asians in this country have the common sense not to walk and text, it's the Brits who have been molly coddled by a nanny state who have lost their ability to use their brain.

Shoonay
15th June 2009, 13:55
[...] most of the Poles [...] in this country have the common sense not to walk and text [...]That's why they left - they didn't knew how to :p