PDA

View Full Version : POTM v85rawdeal wins Poster of the Month again!

Harrison
4th March 2008, 12:48
v85rawdeal Wins Poster of the Month February 2008

It seems that our attempts to thwart v85rawdeal's humour went badly wrong, because I have to announce that he has won the February Poster of the Month competition by a landslide victory!

So the February Poster of the Month award goes to v85rawdeal for winning the February 2008 Poster of the Month Competition. (http://forum.classicamiga.com/quotes.php?do=view&quoteid=114) He won it with this post (http://forum.classicamiga.com/showpost.php?p=20442&postcount=22):

Talking of songs, I would like to dedicate this to Steven (sung to the tune of So Macho, sort of)

I don't want no seven ounce iPod
Or a phone that thinks it's a TV
I'm after a hunk of plastic
An Amiga, not an Atari ST
There ain't no way that I'll make do
With anything less than I'm used to
If I play a game tonight
It's gotta be right, right, right

*So Retro
It's got to be
So Retro
It's got to be big and beige enough
to turn me on
Its's got to have, L E D's
Not built to play D V D's
Its's got to be big and beige enough
to turn me on

I'm tired of skinny pow-er leads
I want a toy for my ga-ming needs
Something which will please and amuse me
And look good next to my tv
Now I don't mean to be personal
But a toy like that's more preferable
In my humble point of view
Than any new CPU

*Repeat
(And on, and on, and on)
Retro man
-Ooh I'm so much of a
Retro man
-Ooh I'm such a Retro Fan...
It's got to be...
*Repeat and fadeHope you enjoy, i couldn't help myself!

Congrats! :thumbs:

Buleste
4th March 2008, 13:03
Bugger!!! Tired Of Life gave me loads of submissions so i though i had a chance. Still it was a worthy winner. Now to pull the plug on his tinternet to stop him from winning. Either that or slip Harrison some money to rewrite the code so that no one can vote for v85's posts.;)

Puni/Void
4th March 2008, 13:23
Congratulations again, v85rawdeal! :) Well done!

Stephen Coates
4th March 2008, 13:54
Well done!

I clicked on the submit button under his post and then selected poster of the month. Is that the correct method for voting? I havn't voted for poster of the month since the old forum.

Harrison
4th March 2008, 14:43
Yes Steve, that was the correct way to nominate.

Therefore we can all blame Steve for v85rawdeal winning again! ;)

J T
4th March 2008, 17:02
Yes, that's how to nominate, but you also have to rate the nominated posts.

In the PotM section there is a subsection for nominated posts, under each one is 5 stars, click on the rating you want to give each post. You don't have to rate them all, but it's good to boost up your faves (and vote harshly on the lesser posts).

Submeg
4th March 2008, 19:33
BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! that is all.

Buleste
4th March 2008, 19:39
Hey Submeg. Just noticed. you may have all those points and arcade high scores but you ain't funny as you ain't won a POTM competition yet. TTTTHHHHHRRRRRRRRRPPPPPPPP.:tease:

Submeg
4th March 2008, 20:22
Tell me about it, my humour makes people go "wtf?" and freaks people out...when they know who I am, and they see me do it to other people, then they laugh, because it is oh so random

Demon Cleaner
5th March 2008, 05:19
Great post, congrats :thumbs:

Zetr0
6th March 2008, 11:41
<---- PMSL!!!!

awesome... "So Retr0"... well worthy of a win :D

v85rawdeal
8th March 2008, 18:47
Aww, gosh, well... um....

*fumble, fumble, fumble*

*rustle of paper*

*cough*

I would just like to take time out to thank my friends and my family for supporting me all through the writing process. Without them I could not have had the time to concentrate on my art. So many thanks to the. I love you all, guys *sniffle*.

I would also like to thank Harrison and all those who thought that my production was worthy of such an award. It is great to be so recognised by your peers, especially in what has become a very crowded field.

But most of all, I would like to thank, and most importantly, share this award with Stephen, who gave me inspiration to craft such an obviously well-loved masterpiece.

To that fact, I would like to invite Stephen up on stage here tonight to share a few words with you.

Ladies and gentlemen, please put your hands together for Stephen...

*steps to one side, away from podium, applauding*

TiredOfLife
12th March 2008, 12:33
Bugger!!! Tired Of Life gave me loads of submissions so i though i had a chance. Still it was a worthy winner. Now to pull the plug on his tinternet to stop him from winning. Either that or slip Harrison some money to rewrite the code so that no one can vote for v85's posts.;)

You spend all that time building up your armies taking country after country and then some git hits your capital with a nuke.
Better luck next time.;)

Congrats to, as ever, v85rawdeal.:notworthy: