PDA

View Full Version : Psp 2.71 Se-b"

mwjohn
29th February 2008, 16:59
How do I go about upgrading to the latest firm ware - 3.90 .... from 2.71 SE-B"?:(

Hello all,
Sorry, I didn't introduce in the begining - got carried away.
I am new to the forum and interested to upgrade the firmware of my kids' PSP - from 2.71 SE-B to the current. Thanks in advance. :)

Buleste
29th February 2008, 17:05
I can't help you with the PSP problem but i'd just like to say welcome to the site.

Harrison
29th February 2008, 17:47
I've moved your thread into the correct forum for discussing mobile gaming.

Welcome to the forum BTW.

Now to your question. As your PSP is already using a custom firmware you don't have any issues to worry about. You can simply upgrade it directly to a newer custom firmware.

If you are not looking to play anything that needs the 3.60 or newer firmwares then I would recommend you stick with the slightly older but very stable 3.52 M33-4 custom firmware. A big advantage of sticking with 3.52 is that is still includes direct 1.5 kernel support for 100% compatibility with older games, as well as emulators and homebrew games and utilities.

However, if you really do need a newer version then you have a few to choose from with the latest being 3.90 M33-2. But you will first need to upgrade you PSP to the 3.52 M33-4 custom firmware before you can then install any of these newer ones, so I would recommend upgrading to 3.52 M33-4 and using that until you find you definitely need a newer version.

For installing 3.52 M33-4 read my original post here (http://forum.classicamiga.com/showpost.php?p=10913&postcount=19) on how to install 3.51 M33 as it is basically the same process for 3.52 M33. And to download all the files you will need go here. (http://www.psp-hacks.com/category/39)

And also have a look at this post on another forum here. (http://forums.maxconsole.net/showpost.php?p=876969&postcount=13) This outlines all of the steps needed to upgrade from your current firmware to either 3.52 M33, or all the way up to 3.90 M33 v2.

mwjohn
1st March 2008, 17:22
Thanks very much indeed for the quick reply. I shall try the tips for the upgrade.

Thanks once again and appreciate your input. Your piece on the history of the PSP was indeed marvelous which brought me up to speed to understand the players of the home brew. This information led me to join this forum

Please keep up the good work. Thanks once again. :)

mwjohn
2nd March 2008, 17:02
I've moved your thread into the correct forum for discussing mobile gaming.

Welcome to the forum BTW.

Now to your question. As your PSP is already using a custom firmware you don't have any issues to worry about. You can simply upgrade it directly to a newer custom firmware.

If you are not looking to play anything that needs the 3.60 or newer firmwares then I would recommend you stick with the slightly older but very stable 3.52 M33-4 custom firmware. A big advantage of sticking with 3.52 is that is still includes direct 1.5 kernel support for 100% compatibility with older games, as well as emulators and homebrew games and utilities.

However, if you really do need a newer version then you have a few to choose from with the latest being 3.90 M33-2. But you will first need to upgrade you PSP to the 3.52 M33-4 custom firmware before you can then install any of these newer ones, so I would recommed upgrading to 3.51 M33-4 and using that until you find you definitely need a newer version.

For installing 3.52 M33-4 read my original post here (http://forum.classicamiga.com/showpost.php?p=10913&postcount=19) on how to install 3.51 M33 as it is basically the same process for 3.52 M33. And to download all the files you will need go here. (http://www.psp-hacks.com/category/39)

And also have a look at this post on another forum here. (http://forums.maxconsole.net/showpost.php?p=876969&postcount=13) This outlines all of the steps needed to upgrade from your current firmware to either 3.52 M33, or all the way up to 3.90 M33 v2.

Dear Harrison - Guru - Thanks very much indeed. I could update the custom firm ware from 2.71 SE-B" to 3.52 M33. I took a little help from the other forum as the error code - 80020148 appeared. Setting the kernel to the current as stated did the upgrade.

I am highly obliged and appeciate your help. M. W. John :)

Puni/Void
2nd March 2008, 20:17
Hi M.W John!

Just wanted to welcome you to the Classicamiga forum. Hope you'll have a good time here. :)

Harrison
3rd March 2008, 18:04
Dear Harrison - Guru - Thanks very much indeed. I could update the custom firm ware from 2.71 SE-B" to 3.52 M33. I took a little help from the other forum as the error code - 80020148 appeared. Setting the kernel to the current as stated did the upgrade.

I am highly obliged and appeciate your help. M. W. John :)

You are welcome. Glad to be of help and that you managed to get it updated.

Hope you have lots of fun with the new firmware version.

Among the many new features of your new custom firmware is the built in POP loader that emulates the original Playstation and lets you run all of the original games from the PSX.

If you are interested in trying this out have a look through some of the topics on the maxconsole forum was there is lots of information about it on there and what you need to do. And if you need pointing in the direction of some games to try PM me and I can pass some links on to you.

Also don't forget emulation. A new version of the Commodore Amiga emulator, pspuae, has just been released and it is faster and better than ever. Plus there are some great emulators for other older systems such as the SNES and Megadrive (Genesis).

v85rawdeal
8th March 2008, 19:14
Dear Harrison - Guru

Does that mean that when he gets ill, he takes Guru Medication???

Graham Humphrey
8th March 2008, 19:44
Quality! :lol:

Buleste
8th March 2008, 20:34
Dear Harrison - Guru

Does that mean that when he gets ill, he takes Guru Medication???

No his face turns black and has red or yellow writing on it.;)

Submeg
8th March 2008, 22:00
But I dont think I want to click his left mouse button...:unsure: