PDA

View Full Version : MAME v111 released.

Demon Cleaner
18th December 2006, 00:40
MAME Roms and Extras v111 are now available at pleasuredome, these are still free torrents.

LowercaseE
20th December 2006, 22:46
I've only recently began messing with MAME and I'm hooked!

Harrison
20th December 2006, 22:54
MAME is amazing and probably my favourite emulator of all time. I've been using it since it was released in the 90's but it still amazes me having all of the classic Arcade games from our youth are ready and waiting to be played for free!

LowercaseE
21st December 2006, 12:21
What is the site for pleasuredome? Is it a free torrent site, or do you have to register? I'd like to get all the MAME ROMS.

Demon Cleaner
21st December 2006, 12:39
It's a ratio based torrent site, but some great torrents are free. MAME 111 roms & extras (which is a must have, includes icons, snapshots, flyers, marquees, cabinets...) are free, so you can d/l them, and then built up ratio if you want. I installed v111 yesterday, and I got 6344 games in MAME32.

But you have to register at pleasuredome, direct URL is http://full.pleasuredome.org.uk/index.php

What you also can d/l at a MAME based site, is the history.dat file, which gives you a lot a info and how to play about all the games.

LowercaseE
21st December 2006, 13:03
Cool, thanks for the info. I'll sign up and give it a look.

Harrison
21st December 2006, 15:41
The History.dat file is a great addition to MAME. It adds a lot of great information about each game. There are also some cheat.dat files available too that give information on known cheats for more arcade games too.

Harrison
26th December 2006, 10:25
Only just got around to updating my set to .111 release and it joined at 98.6% so that was great. :D

There are currently 3 roms missing from the set though, but I doubt many people would actually ever notice considering how many games MAME now supports. :)

Ghost
28th December 2006, 10:50
Hmm, I still have version .110.
Tell me, is this a big download, with all roms and such?

I really don't need to have every game.

Harrison
28th December 2006, 11:13
If you have the .110 torrentzipped release then you don't need to download the complete collection each time. You just start the .111 torrent and point it at your existing .110 files and the download client will compare the new torrent against your existing collection and will only need to download the differences to complate it.

As I mentioned above, using a .110 set you join the new .111 set at 98.6% complete so it takes less than an hour to complete the download and give you the full .111 set.

Ghost
28th December 2006, 12:09
I think I only got Mame itself, not all the games that came with it as I still had to download those.

Harrison
28th December 2006, 16:53
Oh OK. You can download the complete rom set from Pleasuredome. It's about 15GB but due to the popularity of the torrent it will download at your connections maximum speed so shouldn't take you long to download the complete MAME set.

Vangar
29th December 2006, 12:51
I love arcade games. So much in fact i used all my christmas money and power to get, repair and make this:

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/9793/awesomecg1.jpg

Thats the arcade machine i was talking about in the introduction thread. I have about 3000 roms on it, hehe.

Harrison
29th December 2006, 13:42
Very nice. :)

I still have my old MAME cabinet in pieces. The 21" monitor I was originally using meant the cabinet was huge and took up way too much room. I therefore dismantled the cabinet a while ago as I didn't have anywhere to store it, and at the moment the parts are all just setup on a table and used when I want to play.

My plan is to instead use an LCD screen with the next cabinet I build so the depth of the cabinet can be quite small and fit nicely against a wall, without taking up too much room. I hope to begin building this at some point this coming year. (My girlfriend doesn't know about this yet! ;) ).

Demon Cleaner
3rd January 2007, 14:09
Nice cabinet indeed. I wish I had more storage place, with all my 30 consoles and computers, it begins to get very tight at my home.

Harrison
3rd January 2007, 14:15
The old space issue. Constantly rearranging and shifting stuff to try and fit more in. I keep saying to myself that I will sell some of my stuff that I never use or touch, but instead I just seem to always be adding more to it.

But then, you couldn't call yourself a true collector if you had any free space for storage. ;)

I think just like harddrives, whatever size house I have I will always find enough stuff to fill it right up. :)