PDA

View Full Version : Movies Rambo (2008 movie)

Sharingan
17th February 2008, 12:22
Plot summarized in a handy picture:

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6861/rambochardlatimesbr7.jpg

The trailer didn't do much for me, to be honest. But I'll probably still go see it. Supposedly, the gore and body count are rather extreme, so it ought to be good, brainless fun. The fact that the first death occurs after only a few minutes is encouraging :thumbs:

Buleste
17th February 2008, 12:34
The word "brainless" needs to be emphasised more.

J T
18th February 2008, 10:18
I concentrated on the word "fun" actually.

LowercaseE
18th February 2008, 14:08
I want to see this one. I expect nothing less than one man army splatter fest.

toomanymikes
19th February 2008, 21:36
rambo rules!

Harrison
20th February 2008, 08:48
It's good to have some far fetched mindless violence from time to time. After all, why else are the US in the middle east at the moment? ;)

TiredOfLife
20th February 2008, 15:03
It's good to have some far fetched mindless violence from time to time. After all, why else are the US in the middle east at the moment? ;)

Surely the only far fetched part of the Rambo films is that it's an American soldier.
I'm sure one of the commandos in the British army could do that and more.

Harrison
20th February 2008, 17:31
Very good point! A US soldier would have a hard time working out the correct end of his gun, let alone who the enemy were!

toomanymikes
21st February 2008, 13:01
Too true. Surely a US soldier would have called in multiple airstrikes on his allies, cried that it was a little too dangerous and would have spent the rest of his life in councilling.
True story time: Im working with a guy who was in the army in Afghanistan - when he was there he got talking to a member of the SAS who was in one of the teams that were leading the searches of the caves in the Torabora mountains. They were teamed with American Delta's who had christened them 'The Caves of Death'. The SAS had christened them 'The Tara Palmer Tompinksons' cos they were smelly, dark and deep and there had been heaps of guys down them! Shows you the difference in attitude! :lol: