PDA

View Full Version : Humans and Computers to merge by 2029

Buleste
16th February 2008, 21:50
Some bright spark in America (It has to be doesn't it) has stated that by the year 2029 computers and humans will have the same level of intelligence and they will be able to merge. Personally i think what have computers ever done to us to make us inflict that on them.

v85rawdeal
16th February 2008, 22:25
I think my brain has 'crashed', I can't think of anything witty as a reply!

Zetr0
17th February 2008, 10:12
in 2029 computers are hardly likely have the rough IQ of a small mamal,

this could explain why this fool believes that humans and computers could merge, the last time i used merge was on the spectrum. 48k...

Oh and that cool show Automan... that was groovey.... loved the car....

v85rawdeal
17th February 2008, 11:43
On the day humans and computers merge, I am gonna change my name to Intel...

That way, I can ask pretty ladies if they have 'Intel Inside', and if they say no, I can then respond with 'Would you like some?'

Buleste
17th February 2008, 12:14
It does bring a new meaning into slotting your memory stick into the USB port. Or installing something onto your harddrive. Firmware and wetware? I'm sure there's many more double entendres.

Submeg
17th February 2008, 18:43
On the day humans and computers merge, I am gonna change my name to Intel...

That way, I can ask pretty ladies if they have 'Intel Inside', and if they say no, I can then respond with 'Would you like some?'

No! Bad v85! Bad! Stop with the bad puns!! :thwack:

Teho
17th February 2008, 18:59
Merging your mind with a computer. Has people really thought this idea through? "mindlink.exe has performed an illegal operation and must be closed." Oops.

What if you get a BSOD? Do you just reboot your brain? Talk about being born again!

I don't think I'll be an early adopter of this particular technology, thank you.

J T
18th February 2008, 10:16
I was expecting pictures of robo-sex :(

Buleste
18th February 2008, 10:22
Some of us don't need sex with artificial devices. I'm not one of them, but some of us don't.

Harrison
18th February 2008, 16:50
Oh and that cool show Automan... that was groovey.... loved the car....

Automan was a brilliant show, and yes the car was really cool.

Sadly as is often the case they were showing one of the episodes a couple of years ago on TV and it was really bad! Awful special effects, and his costume! Oh dear!

Sometimes it is best just to keep the great memories and not look back.

As for merging your brain with a computer. I very much doubt it will happen just 20 years from now. Look at the predictions of where we would be now, that were made in the 70's and 80's on Tomorrows World. How inaccurate were they!

Andrew1971
28th November 2011, 10:11
We are borg you will be assimilated :alien2: