PDA

View Full Version : TV School closures hit Grange Hill

Buleste
6th February 2008, 12:39
It appears that the latest round of school closures have hit the British institution of Grange Hill which will be closing it's gates for the final time after 30 years later this year.

Harrison
6th February 2008, 16:48
:o No way! We should campaign the minister for schools against such an action! That is outrageous!

I think the problem is that they moved it from BBC1 onto one of the never watched CBBC channels, so it dropped from visibility.

I used to watch that every day after school. Who remembers Ziggy, Roland, Zammo, Gripper...?

Buleste
6th February 2008, 16:54
It's is repeated on BBC1 so it's not all CBBC. Funnily enough the Sunday Express magazine had a whole pile of stuff on Grange Hill because 08 Feb is it's 30th Anniversary so it had stuff on Zammo, Roly, Tucker, Mrs McClusky and the rest. Dead at 30. Shame.

TiredOfLife
7th February 2008, 10:55
Where is Eastenders going to get new actors and actresses from now then?

Criminal.

v85rawdeal
7th February 2008, 17:18
They'll just keep doing the 'cast-off shuffle' with The Bill

Harrison
7th February 2008, 17:46
But didn't the Bill also get supplied from GH? We could soon see a TV actor drought!

Buleste
7th February 2008, 18:17
Hollyoaks also has had a few GH cast offs.

Zetr0
19th March 2008, 13:27
I tihnk this could be a good time to break into TV acting, with all the acting droubt thats going happen :D

v85rawdeal
19th March 2008, 13:54
No luck for me...

I can't even break into the comedy scene....

No surprise there though, with me being NOT FUNNY at all!!!

Buleste
19th March 2008, 14:24
Too true.
GH has been voted best kids programme of all time.

J T
19th March 2008, 15:40
Grange Hill? NNNNNNN..... actually, meh.

Unless they get back to the hard-hitting, gritty, proper storylines that would both enthrall and educate kids (on the dangers of rugs, violence, etc), it's not really a problem. I bet it'll be back after a few years away.

Harrison
19th March 2008, 16:03
...on the dangers of rugs...

You got to watch those rugs! Never know when one could be lying in wait for you! ;)

J T
19th March 2008, 16:19
Don't you remember the public information film about the rugs on the polished floors? Might as well put a bear-trap there. *Brrrrrrr*

Submeg
21st March 2008, 10:20
No luck for me...

I can't even break into the comedy scene....

No surprise there though, with me being NOT FUNNY at all!!!

Hey v85! :slap: