PDA

View Full Version : Has any tried the 1200 MOBO timing fixes?

Buleste
6th February 2008, 12:05
I've been looking round the net and found a discussion about timing fixes for the 1200 and i was wondering has anyone tried them and what do they do?? If you ar ewondering about what the timing fixes are then look here. (http://www.ianstedman.co.uk/Amiga/amiga_hacks/A1200_Mobo_fix/a1200_mobo_fix.html)

Harrison
6th February 2008, 12:18
I didn't even know these things needed fixing. :blink: For me as long as my A1200 works for what I need that's fine by me. No need to start messing around with connecting additional wires to the motherboard.

Very interesting Amiga hacking site though.

Buleste
6th February 2008, 12:29
From what i can gather the main use is to fix timing problems that some accelerator boards have and for me it would mean removing bits (I have two 1D4's one working and one not). The reason this intersest me is that ever since buying my PPC my 1200 takes a couple of attempts to startup. With just the MOBO and PPC it starts fine, add a HDD and it can be iffy, add the ZIV it again it's tempremental and it gets slightly worse if i add the CV3d. At first i thought it was a PSU problem but I got a more powerfull one and the problem persisted. Then i tried connecting the PPC to the floppy port still no real difference. It's now connected to the PSU direct still the same. Somedays it's better than others. It's not the MOBO or the BPPC failing or any fault of the PSU so i thought it could be the timingproblem btu before i butcher my Amiga i wanted to know if anyone has tried it.

Buleste
13th February 2008, 15:15
Today i bit the bullet and gave this a try. And whilst my 1200 works fine with everything bar the BPPC fitted when i do connect it it still takes a couple of attempts before it works. This is because for some reason 1D4 boards and BPPC's are not happy with each other. However the hack hasn't done anything to harm the 1200 so here's hoping.

TiredOfLife
13th February 2008, 15:22
My miggy does that but had just started doing before I got the BPPC.
I have read elsewhere that as well as the timing problem, this can be down to dirty contacts.

The advice was to dismantle everything and clean with alcohol based cleaner.
Haven't tried it yet.

Seem to me that it happens when my machine is cold.
So if I leave it switched on for a minute, switch it off and back on again, it's alright.
Once it does boot up, I can turn it off and on and it will come on everytime.