PDA

View Full Version : KGWHD - New website, new games update, NEW DEMO PACKS!

killergorilla
5th February 2008, 23:39
Here you go folks, my latest update.

http://guildserver.co.uk/kgwhd/

I've updated the site to make downloads clearer and easier.

I've added the latest games update. 66 files @ 75mb.

I've added new demo packs. 261 files in 4 packs @ 218mb.

I've added a new Games DAT (which works) and a Demo DAT (which also works).

I'll be re-adding the errors page, archive page, links page and files pages very soon.

EDIT: I've just installed all the magazines and added them too (with a DAT).

Harrison
5th February 2008, 23:50
Very nice update. I like the simplification of the site into a single page. Much nicer and no need to navigate anywhere. Just instant access to what visitors are looking for.

Great work :thumbs:

The addition of the demo packs is great too. I'll be downloading those asap. :)

BTW, interesting use of the object tag. Not seen it used to load a class before. Normally I would use a span or div tag.

killergorilla
6th February 2008, 01:19
Hehe, as it happens I've already replaced the object tags with spans :)

IE kicked up a fuss :)

Thanks for your words though, it's my first real CSS effort and it's interesting figuring out how to iron out the 'quirks' :D

Harrison
6th February 2008, 01:41
css definitely takes a bit of experimenting to work it all out. The cascading nature of classes can take some time to get your head around, that is for sure. Sometimes I still get a bit confused when trying to get something to work. All great fun though. ;)

A little tip for you. If you don't have anything in-between some tags you don't need to have the opening and closing tags, but can instead combine them. f.ex with span tags you could simple put:

<span class="joystick" />And it will work just the same, and is completely xhtml compliant. Makes it a little tidier. :)

Also to make your page completely xhtml compliant, looking at the code all you need to make sure is that all your tags are closed. f.ex the br tags should be
<br />. Then you could add a proper xhtml doctype at the top of the page instead of html 4, and then run the page through the ww3 xhtml validator.

killergorilla
6th February 2008, 02:01
Yeah I knew about closing the tags like that, just wanted to make sure I was html 4.01 strict compliant first :)

I'll take a bigger look in to xhtml 1.1 soon.

I know who to come to if I need some more help though :)

Buleste
6th February 2008, 09:25
Have you sorted out the icon problem with Robocop3 though? Eh? Eh? Wasting your time with span, tags, snags, wags, pins and poop? Eh? Eh? Can't get the compilers of the Ultimate WHDLoad game packs anymore..:p

killergorilla
6th February 2008, 13:36
Have you sorted out the icon problem with Robocop3 though? Eh? Eh? Wasting your time with span, tags, snags, wags, pins and poop? Eh? Eh? Can't get the compilers of the Ultimate WHDLoad game packs anymore..:p

It's a problem with scalos and winuae, it's fixed in the latest winuae beta :)

It's not my problem :)

Buleste
6th February 2008, 13:50

It's a problem with scalos and winuae, it's fixed in the latest winuae beta :)

It's not my problem :)

What about A1200 with OS3.9? If you use icon with no borders you get nothing and icon with borders you get a small blank square. It could be a newicons thing but most newicons work in 3.9 and either way new icons that fail usually have a small square in center. It's only a minor flaw but an annoying one nonetheless.

killergorilla
6th February 2008, 13:58
Ah..

you are talking about something different :)

I have no idea why you can't see it, maybe update your newicons?

Looks fine here!

http://imagebin.org/index.php?mode=image&id=13746

Buleste
6th February 2008, 14:14
I don't use New icons. Just the 3.9 compatability with New icons. It's annoying every other game that i have from your packs has an icon just not that one. Not that i can get the thing to work anyway but still. Sorry for being so picky. Great new look to the site though.

Buleste
14th February 2008, 21:49
Just noticed no ones got Syndicate American Assault on yet. I'll do a WHDload version, zip and DL to FTP.

killergorilla
15th February 2008, 11:19
If I remember rightly the whdload install doesn't support the data disks.

IF I remember rightly that is :)

Buleste
15th February 2008, 11:22
To be honest it's not a data disk as such more a replacement for disk4 so it should work fine. I'll give it a try anyhow.