PDA

View Full Version : Who's had/having pancakes today?

Harrison
5th February 2008, 17:47
I completely missed Shrove Tuesday (Pancake Day) last year, but made sure I remembered it this year as love pancakes with sugar and lemon juice.

So I substituted dinner for 3 lovely large pancakes today. They were really nice. :)

So who else has had, or is having pancakes today?

For those outside of England not in the know about such things, some info about Shrove Tuesday can be found here. (http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/customs/pancakeday/index.htm)

sarek2k
5th February 2008, 17:57
I completely missed Shrove Tuesday (Pancake Day) last year, but made sure I remembered it this year as love pancakes with sugar and lemon juice.

Bah i forgot this year! will delay it till next tuesday ;)

on my pancakes i like a squeeze of orange & sprinkle of suger rather than the traditional jif lemon juice & i like them thin too not doorstop thickness :)

Might even try some of these other topings u can get these days.

Harrison
5th February 2008, 17:59
Not too late. Still lots of time today to make some!

I quite like chocolate sauce on them too. Although this year I just stuck to the traditional sugar and lemon juice.

toomanymikes
5th February 2008, 18:12
damn damn damn damn. no eggs or milk in the house. hate world, revenge soon...

Stephen Coates
5th February 2008, 19:23
I made some earlier. I only put one tablespoon of flour in the mixture though. It seems that this would be the reason that all the yorkshire puddings that I have made recently have not been very successful. (Two tablespoons are required).

I am also useless at pouring them into the frying pan. They tend to end up with holes in them. My Mum is much better at making pancakes than I am, but she was shopping when I had mine.

They were still nice though, especially with lots of icing sugar. Can't be doing with anything else on them.

AlexJ
5th February 2008, 19:48
I always forget how nice pancakes are until Pancake Day and then have to make up for the past year. Then I end up feeling slightly ill. That's the stage I'm at now... :sick:

TiredOfLife
5th February 2008, 22:40
My bird whent out and bought all kinds of shite to put on mine, and all I used was lemon and sugar.

She complained and I said well that's what I always have.
She said I thought you might have been a bit more adventurous.

I said, what are you having on yours.
The answer?
Lemon and sugar.

Who are the idiots?
Men.
We gave them the vote.

Buleste
6th February 2008, 09:09
I went out to the vets last night and all through the streets was the smell of cremated pancakes.

v85rawdeal
10th February 2008, 00:09
Bogies!

TiredOfLife
10th February 2008, 06:04
Bogies!

I'll stick to lemon and sugar on mine mate, but you enjoy yours.

Puni/Void
10th February 2008, 10:49
I enjoy pancakes with vanilla ice cream, sugar and blueberries. Mmmm.. tasty!

J T
11th February 2008, 14:30
Lemon and sugar all the way :D

We had a few, after dinner that it. My wife made them, I'm not very good in the kitchen.