PDA

View Full Version : The Puppets by IRIS

Puni/Void
2nd February 2008, 11:14
The Puppets is a slideshow made by the group called IRIS. All the graphics in the production was drawn by a Scener calling himself Yon. I watched this slideshow again recently and it was still impressive. The pictures are both well made and interesting. If you haven't seen this slideshow yet, you should now, as it is definitly worth it. :)

You can find the slideshow available for download at the main site via this (http://www.classicamiga.com/content/view/1553/102/) link.

What do you think of this slideshow?

Harrison
2nd February 2008, 11:52
Just had a look at the screenshots, and it looks good. I will have a look at the full slideshow next week when I get chance. :)

Puni/Void
2nd February 2008, 12:00
Good that you liked the screenshots. Hope you'll enjoy watching the prod in all its glory. :)

v85rawdeal
2nd February 2008, 14:17
*innocent, angelic look on face*

Does it star Brian Connelly???

Buleste
2nd February 2008, 14:30
*innocent, angelic look on face*

Does it star Brian Connelly???

If you carry on with that i'll stick the rubber gloves on and turn you into a puppet.;)

Puni/Void
2nd March 2008, 20:03
Harrison wrote:

Just had a look at the screenshots, and it looks good. I will have a look at the full slideshow next week when I get chance.

Have you checked out the slideshow yet? If yes, did it live up to your expectations?

Harrison
3rd March 2008, 14:45
I've not watch it yet, sorry. I did try to run it in WinUAE but it crashed the emulator. I didn't have time to try some configs out to get it to run. What setup would you recommend?

BTW, the link to the download was broken on the CA page. I've fixed it and given the download a name, including the type of file and the size.

Puni/Void
3rd March 2008, 17:23
Thanks for fixing the download link, Harrison. I'll start going through all the entries in the demo section to sort out similar issues. Most probably, I'll replace the external downloads with our own. That way we will be 100% sure that the downloads will work in the future. :)

I'll check my setup for running The Puppets and post it here. :)

Harrison
3rd March 2008, 17:45
Not to worry. I got it to run. I was being a bit lazy before as I had WinUAE auto booting into ClassicWB and the demo didn't like that setup. Instead I just setup a basic A1200 setup with some fast ram, set the demo lha up as an HD and booted the emulator with a WB3.1 adf and the demo ran fine... except... there was no sound. Is there meant to be some music playing in the background while viewing the images?

Puni/Void
4th March 2008, 10:08
Yes, there should be some music in the background. Strange that this didn't work properly. Have you copied the xmplayer.library to libs:?

Harrison
4th March 2008, 10:17
Not sure. I will have a look.

Puni/Void
4th March 2008, 12:05
Let me know how it goes. Good luck! :)

If all fails, have a look at the included textfiles. There are extra commands you can use for running the program from CLI. For example nameoffile.exe -nosound.