PDA

View Full Version : Are you a member of any user groups?

Stephen Coates
29th January 2008, 17:18
I am going to the Lincs Amiga Group meeting this Saturday (http://www.lincsamiga.org.uk). This will be the first user group meeting I will have been to. Hopefully there will be some PPC amigas and lots of other nice Amiga things to play with :).

Is anyone here a member of any user groups, or goes to any user group meetings? I am a member of the South Yorkshire Amiga User Group, which finaly got it's second member the other day! I've been on my own for the last 6 months or so. Quite boring, but it did make arranging the meetings easy :lol:. Now we just have to find other people in and around South Yorkshire. I know they exist as I have come accross them on forums :ninja:

J T
30th January 2008, 13:20
I hear these things are mostly a front for muderers and terrorists :p

Harrison
30th January 2008, 13:37
Or the lovers of beige...

Buleste
30th January 2008, 13:53
I heard they also collect wallpaper

Harrison
30th January 2008, 14:28
And spend their time at meetings exchanging tank top knitting patterns.

Buleste
30th January 2008, 14:31
And then go onto their relevent knitting user groups but because they are especially nerdy they find 8 bit graphics are a superb inspiration for their tank top designs.

Harrison
30th January 2008, 14:38
8-bit art? I heard they use ASCII. And to get the most from the experience all of their knitting patterns are printed in binary on punch cards.

Buleste
30th January 2008, 14:49
001001100 001001111 001001100. Can't think of anything worse than than punch cards.

J T
30th January 2008, 14:51
Well, that ebola sure sounds nasty but yeah, punch cards for the LOSE.

Stephen Coates
30th January 2008, 18:12
Well, if I never post again after Saturday, you will know what has happened to me.

v85rawdeal
30th January 2008, 18:14
Well, if I never post again after Saturday, you will know what has happened to me.

Yeah, he knitted himself a beige cardigan... BUT forgot holes for the arms!

Stephen Coates
30th January 2008, 18:39
Unless the amigas have killed me first. Or the people maybe. I suppose Amigas are only low voltage.

Harrison
30th January 2008, 23:00
And with only one other member in attendance...

Buleste
31st January 2008, 09:31
And thats his mum.

Sharingan
31st January 2008, 09:54
It could also be a stunning babe.

Because we all know chicks dig Amigas.

Buleste
31st January 2008, 09:57
It could also be a stunning babe.

Because we all know chicks dig Amigas.

The new definition of deluded.

Harrison
31st January 2008, 11:32
You can just imagine the meeting:

Steve: "Good afternoon valued member. It's great to see a full attendance this month. I would like to welcome our newest (and only) member. Welcome!"
Other member: "Why thank you. It's great to be hear." (looks around nervously)
Steve's Mum enters the room
Steve's Mum: "Here you are dear, some refreshments for your guest."
Steve's Mum: "Don't be too long as dinner is nearly ready."
Steve: "Sorry valued member we have to wrap up the meeting now as mum is calling dinner's ready."
Other member: "That's OK, I have to be home by 6pm myself as they don't like me to be out after dark. I will just finish my panda pop then will be heading off"
Steve: "Don't forget your reflective beige jacket. Wouldn't want you to get run over on the way home!"
Other member: "Good point! Must also remember to switch on my head mounted spot light this time too!"
Steve: "Fair well fellow Amiga user. Until next month. Will you be safe in charge of that bicycle after drinking so much fizzy pop?"

Buleste
31st January 2008, 11:40
There are a lot more voices than that. Mostly inside the head but definitly more voices.

Stephen Coates
31st January 2008, 15:29
And with only one other member in attendance...

There is actually like to be about 10 people there, as this is a LAG meeting, not a SYAG meeting.

You can just imagine the meeting:

Steve: "Good afternoon valued member. It's great to see a full attendance this month. I would like to welcome our newest (and only) member. Welcome!"
Other member: "Why thank you. It's great to be hear." (looks around nervously)
Steve's Mum enters the room
Steve's Mum: "Here you are dear, some refreshments for your guest."
Steve's Mum: "Don't be too long as dinner is nearly ready."
Steve: "Sorry valued member we have to wrap up the meeting now as mum is calling dinner's ready."
Other member: "That's OK, I have to be home by 6pm myself as they don't like me to be out after dark. I will just finish my panda pop then will be heading off"
Steve: "Don't forget your reflective beige jacket. Wouldn't want you to get run over on the way home!"
Other member: "Good point! Must also remember to switch on my head mounted spot light this time too!"
Steve: "Fair well fellow Amiga user. Until next month. Will you be safe in charge of that bicycle after drinking so much fizzy pop?"

Quite funny, but I'm not sure I fully understand :huh:

Stephen Coates
2nd February 2008, 21:06
Went to LAG meeting in Lincoln today. £13.90 for a return ticket. At least the train doesn't take too long and doesn't get stuck in traffic jams.

Had a little play with rockape's Micro Amiga One. Extremely fast. Even this site loaded in very little time in IBrowse.

Rockape also installed some new stuff on my A1200 for me, and I had a look at an A4000 and an A2000.

TiredOfLife
4th February 2008, 12:45
What did he install?

Stephen Coates
4th February 2008, 12:58
Directory Opus, FBlit, VirusZ (and I havn't deleted it yet :o), and some other bits which I forgot about.

And he got confused about my disk drive naming (My WB3.1 partition was called Workbench:, my WB3.9 partition which is the one we were using was called 3.9), and changed them to WB3.1: and Workbench3.9:. This messed up all my assigns and adds to a little bit of confusion for me, but I think it's al sorted out now. I might do a complete reinstall when I get my graphics card and stuff sorted.

TiredOfLife
10th February 2008, 06:27
You won't need Fblit once you have your graphics card installed.

What version of Opus?