PDA

View Full Version : Amiga Inc.: BitByBit Founder to Enhance Development Team

Puni/Void
29th January 2008, 16:10
News has been posted at the website of Amiga Inc. concerning the hiring of Jamie Krueger: (link here (http://www.amiga.com/news/?art=33&PHPSESSID=cca49f35bc000bdf55214a92e85a0d62))

Amiga Hires Jamie Krueger

BitByBit Founder to Enhance Development Team

Issaquah, Wash. - January 28, 2008 – Amiga, the pioneer in computer gaming, announced today that it has added Jamie Krueger to its development team. Krueger founded BITbyBIT Software Group LLC in 2004, and will bring his knowledge of the Amiga platform to bear on future product development.

“Amiga has gathered a team of highly skilled and motivated developers, with a focus on writing innovative software, and I am very pleased to be joining their ranks as a full time member,” said Mr. Krueger. “I first started my software company three years ago with the goal of getting more developers to write software using Amiga technologies. Now, working for Amiga directly, I am looking forward to helping do just that from the inside.”

Amiga has been a recognized player in the computer gaming industry since the 1980s and has recently re-introduced their Classic Games for use with Windows PC hardware., Amiga plans to expand their Classic offerings to include several hundred titles available by the end of this year, and will soon announce new advances with the release of AmigaAnywhere version 2.

“We’re excited to have Jamie join our team,” said Bill McEwen, president of Amiga. “We have a lot of great things happening and a lot of new software to ship. Jamie will help us expand product development immensely.”

What are your thoughts about this?

Also, a short while ago, Bill McEwen was interviewed while he was showing Amiga Anywhere 2. Have any of you seen the interview?

AlexJ
29th January 2008, 16:20
Erm

"Amiga, the pioneer in computer gaming" and "Amiga has been a recognized player in the computer gaming industry since the 1980s and has recently re-introduced their Classic Games for use with Windows PC hardware."

Since when did were Amiga involved in computer games? Commodore produced a great gaming computer and many companies produced games for it. It's bending the truth a little at best.

Zetr0
29th January 2008, 16:46
a(_._).STinc are indeed a complete sham and shiester artists...

every one here know about the debocle of in the naming rights of the Kent Convention Center.?! then theres the coupons... and OS4.... then Anyware 2 - OS5 not sure whom what and where... so here it is...

Bill "Hock you Gran" McEwan and Fleece-you-mossy... really total bollocks the company that is called amiga.inc...

heres how they make decisions at A(_._).STinc (A-hole.ST-inc)

Omnipotent Boing Ball (http://www.guildserver.co.uk/tempfiles/omni-boing.html)

:)

Harrison
29th January 2008, 17:56
As far as I'm concerned Amiga inc. has nothing to do with the classic Amiga. The Amiga OS5 they mention often is more likely to be a completely new portable PDA/smart phone OS and have no relation to the real Amiga OS, which if they are going to start confusing matters by using the same name should be renamed back to Workbench in my view.