PDA

View Full Version : New Kefrens Homepage

Puni/Void
4th January 2008, 18:38
After years and years of silence, the legendary Amiga group Kefrens is back with a brand new home on the Internet.

Their homepage can be found via this link (http://www.kefrens.dk).

After reading the various articles on the site, it was interesting to note the following:

We have also a little nostalgic in us that maybe, just maybe we will create something new for the old Amiga 500 as a salute and to honouring the old king Kefren.

Could this mean that we'll see a new demo from Kefrens in the coming future? That would for sure be good news. With memories of Guardian Dragon 1 & 2 and Desert Dream, I'm looking forward to see some new activity from this group. :thumbs:

Harrison
5th January 2008, 00:12
That is very good news indeed. And it would be great to see a new release from them.

It seems that within the last year a lot of old groups and individuals are returning to the Amiga, or to the scene in general and resurrecting their old names. Could the surge of interest in retro systems, and especially the Amiga be the cause?

Demon Cleaner
7th January 2008, 05:12
I would really like to see a new demo from Kefrens on the 500. They always made very good ones.

Puni/Void
9th January 2008, 16:23
Harrison wrote:

It seems that within the last year a lot of old groups and individuals are returning to the Amiga, or to the scene in general and resurrecting their old names. Could the surge of interest in retro systems, and especially the Amiga be the cause?

I believe that the retro-trend is bringing back old sceners to the fold. Seems like many get nostalgic about the good old days and would like to dust of the Amiga once again. Maybe to do some programming, drawing, tracking and stuff like that. Let's hope that Kefrens will surprise us in the near future with a brand new prod.

TiredOfLife
9th January 2008, 23:20
Desert Dreams was always one of my favourites, so would be good to see something new from them.

Puni/Void
2nd March 2008, 20:02
Breakpoint is going to be arranged soon. Maybe Kefrens will show up with something there? That would for sure be a nice Easter present. :)

Cortona
20th September 2008, 19:28
It was pretty interesting reading the history section of the new Kefrens website. I always like Kefrens demos. I wonder of other old demo makers will post their memoirs? Share and Enjoy, Northstar, Red Sector... I wonder what the original members are up to these days!

Incidentally, there's an unbelievably good remake of Desert Dream (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9TT55hrz90) by Resource and Chorus - remade for the C64. The music is just astounding.

Demon Cleaner
23rd September 2008, 15:07
Incidentally, there's an unbelievably good remake of Desert Dream (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9TT55hrz90) by Resource and Chorus - remade for the C64. The music is just astounding.Great stuff :thumbs:

Puni/Void
23rd September 2008, 20:19
It was pretty interesting reading the history section of the new Kefrens website. I always like Kefrens demos. I wonder of other old demo makers will post their memoirs? Share and Enjoy, Northstar, Red Sector... I wonder what the original members are up to these days!

Incidentally, there's an unbelievably good remake of Desert Dream (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9TT55hrz90) by Resource and Chorus - remade for the C64. The music is just astounding.

Some of the old, legendary groups have homepages that you can visit to read their history. Quite a few groups are still active today in 2008.

Take Scoopex for example. They've been around for ages. Their latest release on the Amiga was a cracktro called MonsterBobs. They also published a new edition of Showtime (diskmagazine) a few days ago. I think we'll see more from them in the future.

I've seen that re-make of Desert Dream and it's great stuff. :thumbs: The music rocks and proves that you can't go wrong with the SID-chip! ;)

Must add that it impresses me what people can cram out of the C64. Many of the demos released the past years contains effects that would be unthinkable to see on such a machine. Also, the amount of new demos released for the C64 is very high. :smokin:

Harrison
24th September 2008, 09:02
The first time I saw a video of the C64 version of Desert Dreams I couldn't believe it. It is an amazing achievement for the machine specs and I still watch it in amazement. And if someone can squeeze that from a C64, what could they do with the Amiga given more time?

It just continues to highlight how little today's developers are actually utilising the try power of the consoles and PCs they now have available.