PDA

View Full Version : Directly supporting Amibay

Harrison
3rd January 2008, 12:26
I've been in support for Amibay since they got it up and running at the end of last year and I've now taken this a bit further by adding a direct link to Amibay from the top of this buying and selling section of the forum.

I think we should all support Amibay over ebay where possible, so we can start to bring the community together to trade Amiga and other retro items at fair prices, without getting ripped off by ebay and paypal fees.

If you haven't yet visited Amibay then please have a look. I think we should all support the site if we can to try and help it take off and become popular.

Amibay is a great solution for buying, selling and placing wanted adverts for anything Amiga related. For this reason I will probably remove the marketplace section from classicamiga's main site as no one has ever really used it.

Demon Cleaner
3rd January 2008, 13:46
I already registered in the very beginning, that's why I also added the news to our main site. It's quite great to have such a site for retro stuff.

Harrison
3rd January 2008, 14:29
Yep, I also registered early on on Amibay and have been actively posting on there to offer classicamiga's support and to test the site.

It definitely is a great site for retro stuff and I hope it becomes more popular this year.

sarek2k
15th January 2008, 00:43
Yep, I also registered early on on Aminet and have been actively posting on there to offer classicamiga's support and to test the site.

@Harrison surely you mean Amibay and not net :lolup: Anyway m8 Thanks for the Great continued support and from all your members here on Classicamiga!

It's much appreciated! :cool:

Harrison
15th January 2008, 00:47
Oops! Well spotted. One of those word association, getting mixed up things happening there.

sarek2k
15th January 2008, 01:33
having "Ami" in the name didn't exactly exclude us from these kind of lapse's ;)
we did however want the name to be Amiga Associated even tho we will be expanding it to other Retro puters/consoles too!

Still munching my way thru ClassicAmiga is so much to see :D

Merlin
15th January 2008, 12:41
Just to underline Harrison's commitment to Amibay, he has joined us as a valued member of our AmiDev team, to assist in the further development of the site.

Congratulations mate!

:thumbs:

Merlin