PDA

View Full Version : Used car 1 uncarefull owner.

Buleste
23rd December 2007, 17:57
The car of your dreams (or Richard Hammonds nightmares) is noe up for sale on ebay.Jet car (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vampire-jet-dragster-as-seen-on-BBC-Top-Gear_W0QQitemZ150197264730QQihZ005QQcategoryZ18308QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Submeg
23rd December 2007, 20:31
why would u bid on such a thing?especially after his description (not to mention being a rude ass) makes it sound extremely crap crap crap

AlexJ
23rd December 2007, 23:23
£4k for what is effectively scrap? They won't even give a definate answer whether the engine (probably the only thing of value on the car) works, and maybe usually means doesn't on eBay.

The comment from the co-owner "We'll be very sad to see it go. Over the years it's had one meticulous owner and one crap driver." seemed insensitive, seeing as it was a problem with the car that nearly killed the driver. I know Jeremy Clarkson called Hammond a crap driver in hospital, but it was said in jest from a friend. Here, from an owner that seems quite bitter about the incident, it seems very harsh.

all four wheels and tyres fitted to the car when it was crashed come with it as part of the sale.

What, including the tyre that blew-out causing the crash? Oh good, saves me having to shell out for new ones. Wait, no it doesn't...

Submeg
24th December 2007, 02:01
Yea, thats pretty unfair. The guy was in hospital.....pretty rude really..

Buleste
24th December 2007, 09:26
Richard Hammond went from 50/50 chance of surviving to major brain damage to never be able to walk to never be able to drive to o.k. he now likes celery and his short term memory is a bit irratic but he's fine. Proof that motoring journalists have thick skulls.

When i put the llink on it was at £6500 with 22 bids. Looks like some of the chaff has been rooted out.

StuKeith
24th December 2007, 15:41
Over £7k now!! :unsure:

Harrison
25th December 2007, 19:32
The bidding seems to be yo-yoing around, with bids getting deleted a lot. It was at £23K earlier when I looked, but is now dropped to £20.1K. Still a mad price, for (as you say) scrap!

Buleste
25th December 2007, 19:51
Mind you how much does a Rolls Royce jet engine cost these days?