PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Games

Harrison
18th December 2007, 15:56
Over the years many Christmas themed games got released on the Amiga. Some were full commercial games, while others were Christmas Specials, released on magazine coverdisks.

Here are the ones I remember:

Aunt Artic Adventure
ATR: All Terrain Racing Christmas Edition
Barney Bear meets Santa Claus
Cannon Fodder Amiga Format Xmas Special
Charlie The Xmas Chimp
Christmas Dizzy
Fire and Ice Xmas Level
Galactic: The Xmas level
Holiday Lemmings '93
Holiday Lemmings '94
Maria's Xmas Box
New Year Lemmings 1991
Not Very Festive Fodder (Cannon Fodder 2 demo)
Psycho Santa (I've still not tried that yet)
Rody Noel (French game)
Santa and Rudolph do Christmas (shareware)
Santa's Xmas Caper
SnowWar (by Wizzcat)
Xmas Lemmings 1991
Xmas mines 1, 2 and 3

Are there any more you know of? And also have you played any of these listed? And if so how much did you enjoy them? Now that I've listed these I'm going to have to play some of them again. :)

Stephen Coates
18th December 2007, 16:10
Do you mean Holiday Lemmings '93 and '94?

I have the original disk for that and have enjoyed playing it.

Harrison
18th December 2007, 16:22
Yes indeed. I've corrected that. Thanks.

I'm thinking of creating a special classicamiga Xmas games pack this week including as many of the games listed as I can find. I think this could be a popular download. Classicamiga could then create a themed games pack for each season of the year. :)

We could expand it a bit more maybe and include winter themed games such as Winter Games and other winter sports titles.

Demon Cleaner
21st December 2007, 13:50
Yes indeed. I've corrected that. Thanks.

I'm thinking of creating a special classicamiga Xmas games pack this week including as many of the games listed as I can find. I think this could be a popular download. Classicamiga could then create a themed games pack for each season of the year. :)

We could expand it a bit more maybe and include winter themed games such as Winter Games and other winter sports titles.Good idea, make a big announcement and go for it ;)

Harrison
21st December 2007, 15:30
I'm going to attempt to get all of the games fully listed on the main site today, and try to get screenshots for most of them. And then will create a Christmas Games article.

Then if I have the time I will try and hunt down the adfs for them all and make a collection. It would be even cooler to create a WHDLoad pre-installed HDF file with them all pre-installed and ready to go, but I might not have time for that. I will see if I have time.

Buleste
21st December 2007, 15:35
Have you looked on Whdownload? i know the holiday Lemmings are on there.

Harrison
21st December 2007, 15:53
Not yet. I'm concentrating on getting all the entries finished on the main site first, then will be on the hunt for the WHDload versions. I will definitely check out as many sources as I can, but I think many will be in the WHDLoad collection I already have.

Harrison
21st December 2007, 16:27
I've now had a quick look and have WHDLoad versions for the following games:

Aunt Artic Adventure
ATR: All Terrain Racing Christmas Edition
Cannon Fodder Amiga Format Xmas Special (Cannon Soccer)
Fire and Ice Xmas Level
Galactic: The Xmas level
Holiday Lemmings '93
Holiday Lemmings '94
Maria's Xmas Box
New Year Lemmings 1991
Not Very Festive Fodder (Cannon Fodder 2 demo)
Psycho Santa
Rody Noel (French game)
Santa's Xmas Caper
Xmas mines 1, 2 and 3 (not WHload, but adf versions)

This means I'm just missing the following to make the Christmas pack complete:

Barney Bear meets Santa Claus
Charlie The Xmas Chimp
Christmas Dizzy
Santa and Rudolph do Christmas (shareware)
SnowWar (by Wizzcat)

So now I just need to look for these last 6 games.

Buleste
21st December 2007, 16:31
The Amiga Format Cannon Fodder Xmas special (or Cannon Soccer) is on WHDownload. The other Cannon Fodder might be on there as well.

Harrison
21st December 2007, 16:36
Cheers. I forgot it was also called Cannon Soccer. Now just 5 to get. :)

Ghost
22nd December 2007, 01:46
Are you going to release them on your site Harrison?

Harrison
22nd December 2007, 03:18
Releasing a Christmas game pack on classicamiga is the idea behind it. I also want to release a demo production one too based on the productions PG is listing. The game one should be available this weekend, and the Demo one maybe Christmas Eve, or failing that maybe Boxing Day or before the new year.

Harrison
26th December 2007, 00:45
I've finally had some time to add some more of the Christmas games to the site, including screenshots and downloads where possible. I'm still missing a few of the game ADFs, but hopefully I will have the lot complete on Thursday, and then will make a Christmas Games article on the site and include a download pack.

Ghost
2nd January 2008, 20:06
Hello Harrison,

A bit late as the season is now over, sorry I couldn't help you with a download for Psycho Santa, I thought the download I had was it.
Someone really is going to have to explain to me what a WHDload is (it was called that right?)

Perhaps the end of this year will be better, at least we have twelve months now to prepare.

Graham Humphrey
2nd January 2008, 22:20
WHDLoad, eh? It's a program that installs and patches games to run on hard drives even if they didn't originally. It also means you can run them correctly on virtually every Amiga setup.

Have a look at the website - http://www.whdload.de

Ghost
2nd January 2008, 22:38
Hello Graham Humphrey,

I really didn't know that, being just a casual fan.